Official Images for Masters of the Universe Mega Contrux Snake Mountain!

toynewman

Return to the Dark Hemisphere when you build your own Snake Mountain. Faithfully recreated to summon destructive evil, this adult builder set harnesses all the dark magic you remember, including the cavern entrance, lavafall, suspended rocking bridge, prisoner shackles, monster pit with tentacles, coiling passageway that leads to the mountain's summit, trap door, break-away wall, computer console and, of course, Dragon Blaster Skeletor's iconic Bone Throne and table. Conquer the devious threats to become the true lord of Snake Mountain. Ideal for ages 14+.

-MEGA Signature building set with faithful design, premium detail and authentic decoration from MOTU lore!
-Buildable Snake Mountain that folds completely open and close for inside and outside play and display (build opens horizontally)

-Co-op building experience Snake Mountain has been designed to be built with a friend, but can still be built alone for an even greater challenge

- Iconic moving features include demon head with working jaw, working summit trap door that drops to monster pit, suspended rocking bridge, break-away escape wall, removeable wolf head totem and poseable snake head and torso

-6 highly detailed, super poseable micro action figures include Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor with dragon and Screeech, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, Webstor and Ram Man, with display stands and swappable weapons including the Havoc Staff, transparent yellow and purple Power Swords, and spider arm backpack with working zipline grappling hook

Based on previous listings on Amazon the set will cost around $299.99 but that't not confirmed.

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-00.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-01.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-02.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-03.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-04.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-05.jpg

• Thanks 2

Looks absolutely incredible. The price is not bad considering the scale of this playset and the parts count. This is modeled after the Classics version of Snake Mountain. Can't wait to pre-order this monstrosity!

• Thanks 1

Someone at Mega really likes MOTU. This isn't the work of just any designer doing their job well - this is beyond that, either the designer really likes MOTU or someone advising them does and it's carried through to the final product because I think of normal playsets and items I see lining the toy aisles and half this level of detail would have been "passable" for a normal toyline where everybody is "just doing their 9-5" and not enthusiastic about the property (not that there's anything wrong with that). This is top notch and I don't even collect the Contrux or any building set stuff but I can tell when something is done well. 

• Thanks 1

Looks great I just don’t know where I would put it.  MOTU has a huge section in one of my toy rooms but despite this that part of the room is quickly running out of space.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toynewman said:
Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain will be on sale at Mattel Creations Friday 7/8 12pm EST via MattelCreations.com!

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

So is it a Mattel Creations exclusive? I’ve only ever tracked creations when they are selling exclusives so I don’t know if they also sell general release items or not.  

As expected, Mattel has confirmed that the Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Snake Mountain playset will eventually be made available at regular retail. It's going up for pre-order first on the MattelCreations website this Friday (7/8) at 12pm ET for $321 and then will be available elsewhere at a later date.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

As expected, Mattel has confirmed that the Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Snake Mountain playset will eventually be made available at regular retail. It's going up for pre-order first on the MattelCreations website this Friday (7/8) at 12pm ET for $321 and then will be available elsewhere at a later date.

That’s good info.  With SDCC in 2 weeks I think I’ll wait and not over extend my wallet right before the Con

Skeletor’s stronghold is back in a brand-new form. The MEGA MOTU Snake Mountain is now yours to build. Authenticity was key in recreating a buildable version of the infamous hideout of Eternia’s Most Wanted. Designers captured every awesome aesthetic and even added a few MOTU easter eggs. Piece together every devious threat of Snake Mountain, from the demon head and lavafall to the prisoner shackles and notorious Bone Throne. That muscle-bound oaf, He-Man, won’t know what hit him! Snake Mountain wouldn’t be the evil fortress it is without Skeletor and his henchmen. Recreate classic MOTU battles with six highly detailed, super posable figures complete with display stands and swappable weapons.

MEGA MOTU Snake Mountain Building Set
3,802 pieces of pure evil

Measures 24 inches wide (when open)

Folds open and closed for multiple ways to display
Interactive iconic features like a movable demon jaw, trap door that drops to a monster pit, suspended rocking bridge, break-away escape wall, and more
Includes six micro action figures with display stands (Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, Webstor, and Ram Man)
Comes in deluxe vintage packaging

Ships on or before August 31, 2022

The Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Snake Mountain playset is NOW available at MattelCreations.com. It's up for pre-order first on the MattelCreations website TODAY Friday (7/8) at 12pm ET for $321 and then will be available elsewhere at a later date.

• Thanks 1