Changes Made To The Upcoming Masters Of The Universe 40th Anniversary He-Man?!?

JayC

An image for what appears to be a in-hand one of the upcoming Masters of the Universe 40th Anniversary He-Man figure has popped up online. I am not sure the original source for the image, but it does look like perhaps some changes have been made to the figure from the initial promo images we saw a few months back from Mattel.

The packaging looks a bit wider as does the figure itself. The paint wash on the skin seen in the original images seems to have been removed which is a good thing in my opinion and the head looks a little different. Since I don't know the source for the new image and there is only one, its hard to say for sure how accurate a depiction of the figure we are getting here, but let us know which version you like better.

40th-Anniversary-He-Man.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Raziel_Crow said:

Knew there were some ongoing changes, but not liking what I see.  

Hope we get a confirmation soon so I can cancel the preorder on time. 

I see.....

That's a "BIG NO" ....

To "No  Wash"!!!!....

We like are He-Man dirty ;^)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

I vote original 40th!!! ;^)

2 hours ago, itfigurespics said:

The image on the right is stretched horizontally notice the mattel symbol its not a true circle and the 40th sticker is too wide, the picture is just stretched.... fake outrage over a he man pic folks move on. Only thing that is diff is no "dirty wash" over the body... Fake Figure news lol

Edited the left photo to close to correct size it should be and upped the color so its not washed out.

unknown.jpg

Even so, not liking what I see here.  That chest looks disproportionate.  I'll wait and see, but right now this is on the might have to cancel list.

Is this an official picture? If not then I will not make any statements until an official or reputable source shows this picture... It could be somebody just using Photoshop and playing around with the fans!

• Like 1

Our sponsor Entertainment Earth has relisted the 40th Anniversary He-Man figure from Mattel for pre-order. They currently are only listing it in a wave with the Masterverse Catra and New Eternia Zodac. This is being listed as Wave 5A which is listed with a September 2022 release date.

The 40th Anniversary He-Man figure had gone up for pre-order at EE and other etailers a few months ago but then was asked by Mattel to temporarily take those pre-orders down.

The other day we told you about an in-hand image of the figure that had surfaced online that appeared to have some changes made to it from the early promo images we had seen. Changes like the paint wash used on the skintone of the figure had been removed. EE appears to still be using the original promo images release by Mattel earlier in the year, so it's not clear what the final release of the figure will actually look like.

40th-He-Man-Wave.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’m just curious when Mattel asked them to take the listing down did they also cancel the preorders that were already placed?