HasLab G.I. Joe Classified HISS Tank is LIVE!

JayC

They need MORE stretch goals. We can get through all of these. Add a Motor Viper or a Techno-Viper, or a Technician.

Highlight of stretch goal #3 is the HISS Shovel. (edit to say: this is a joke and I'm happy to get another driver/gunner and some cool accessories)

They need to update the official Hasbropulse website as quickly as the fan sites. I mean you would think anyone willing to pay $300 for a toy would at least occasionally check one or more fan sites but who knows -I don't doubt that this Haslab could wrangle in non-collectors or former collectors who don't check any of the sites. The original Sail Barge Haslab got me back into collecting Star Wars after a long hiatus even though I couldn't afford to back it (and have since regretted not being able to make it happen at the time).

1 hour ago, Thfreeze said:

I think it is going to be an Asp or something it will be able to tow. They made a point of showing off the hitch on the live stream.

I seriously doubt its a ASP. To big and would be to expensive of an add-on. The hitch was on the original and they certainly might make vehicles that the HISS could tow at a later date.

While Hasbro's G.I. Joe Classified Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank Haslab campaign surpassed 14k backers and unlocked the third stretch goal earlier today, it looks like we may have to wait a little while longer before we see what the fourth and final stretch goal for the project will be.

Hasbro via Cobra Commander issued this statement:

THE SUSSSSPENSE IS SO SSSSATISFYING!

Kudos to all you fanatical followers of the Cobra World Order. You've come sssslithering out of your caves to prove your loyalty to me, Cobra Commander! But I'm afraid it's jusssst not quite enough yet. While you've been ssssinging my praises and assiduoussssly backing my G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S. #HasLab, there are far too many sssslackers out there! They were wasting a long weekend with fesssstive celebrations and sssstuffing their faces with their barbecue and hot dogs INSTEAD OF BACKING MY H.I.S.S. CAMPAIGN! What's wrong with them?! Well, I've been using this time to plan a little celebration of my own - the COMPLETE and UTTER desssstruction of G.I. Joe!

There's just one Classified Upgrade left, and I've saved the besssst for lasssst! But I think I'll keep you in susssspense for just a little while longer. Soon enough, I'll reveal what reaching 16,000 backers will add to the campaign. But, until then, try convincing those other fools to join our crusade and KEEP FUNDING MY H.I.S.S. HASLAB!

They also included the image below. It's unclear if this is meant to tease what the fourth stretch goal is going to be or not. Maybe a new Cobra Commander figure with cape? The I guess we will just have to wait and see. The fourth goal will be unlocked when the campaign reaches 16k backers. As I type this it has 14,164 backers.

Haslab-Teaser__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

If Hasbro was by chance teasing a new Cobra Commander as post of the 4th stretch goal this is an approximation of what I would expect it to look like.

Untitled 5.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry but I really hope they don't do anything like that mockup. I mean, I'm happy with everything regardless and have already backed but that would be a sour note to end on in my opinion. I am not a fan of that design and I think most people don't prefer it. I would rather have classic, or battle armor, or Star Brigade or just about anything besides that. 

I'm going to guess. And I'm going to cross my fingers hoping for classic Cobra Commander or as a really long shot a small tow-behind like ASP.

Yeah, I highly doubt a fourth variant (that's just the "regal" version with a darker blue and a much bigger cape) of the same Cobra Commander we've been getting since wave 2 would be enticing to many people, and I'm sure Lenny and Emily know this. A hood or a vacuum plated face plate would get more people on board, but I think if another Cobra Commander figure is the fourth tier, it'd need to be substantially different from what we've already seen in the line three times.

The thing is if the Classified line keeps going (hopefully) for years to come at retail as a main character there is going to be a need to put out a new Cobra Commander in those retail waves every so often.  That to me is all the more reason not to include a CC in a Haslab (Ditto with them doing Luke in the Rancor)…  It just makes no sense when we already have so many AND there are going to be demands for retail for more versions—so save those variations for retail where they will be needed.  

I think what makes sense at this point is a small MMS that can hook on the hitch.  An ASP done properly is just way to big to be a stretch goal.  

Hasbro has announced the third stretch goal for their G.I. Joe Classified Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank campaign which is a 6-Inch Scale Retro Cardback Cobra Commander.

Once the campaign surpasses 16k backers these will be included with it. Right now the campaign is at 14,849. This campaign has a total of four stretch goals planned for it.

So to recap everything that will be included with the tank:

- 6" H.I.S.S. Tank Driver

- Early Bird 6" Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician Action Figure inspired by Ron Rudat’s designs

- Stretch Goal #1 - Two Side-Mounted Missile Racks

- Stretch Goal #2 - Retro Style Canopy And Tread Covers

- Stretch Goal #4 - Weapons Accessory Pack And H.I.S.S. Gunner Figure

And if or more likely when it reaches 16k backers.

- Stretch Goal #4 – a 6-Inch Scale Retro Cardback Cobra Commander Action Figure inspired by the rare misprinted variant of the original 1982 “Real American Hero” figure release.

291762717_5727538907279003_3156121131979387295_n.png

• Thanks 1

Since this one is being released with the Mickey Mouse Cobra symbol my guess is Hasbro will release this same figure with a regular symbol at retail or maybe the Walmart Retro line.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Since this one is being released with the Mickey Mouse Cobra symbol my guess is Hasbro will release this same figure with a regular symbol at retail or maybe the Walmart Retro line.

I'm hopeful that that's the case as I would like to own a more classic style cobra commander and I don't have enough spare change to spend on the h.i.s.s.tank right now . And unlike the other exclusive figures this one would definitely be able to sell at mass retail no problem.

• Thanks 1

Most excellent. They even got the world snake and did the pistol holster on the back - I love it!

Hey Hasbro, How about some Battle Gear for all these figures!

STRETCH GOAL #5 (FAN IDEA)

COBRA BATTLE GEAR (could include the following)-

• A set of alternate heads (could include plain masked with no hat/hair showing, masked with Technician/Snakeling Cap, Techno Viper style - army builders, even those who only get 1 tank would LOVE this)
  • A set of figure armor parts (Slip on chest, shoulder, thigh etc armor - maybe some could be like a Techno or Motor Viper and maybe even special armor for CC)
  • A set of small diorama pieces (safety cones, wrenches, barrel, first aid kit, small clips for the side armor to attach shovel and other accessories, jerry cans, cannon blast effects, alternate interchangeable side armaments/mounting points of some kind, swap out battle damage panels, Czech hedgehog)

As Hasbro's G.I. Joe Classified Haslab 6" Scale Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank campaign heads into it's tenth day since it launched back on June 29 at 11am ET, we thought we would recap everything we know about it and where things stand right now.

As I type this the campaign has 15,342 Backers. It needs at least 658 more backers for the fourth stretch goal to be unlocked which is for a 6-Inch Scale Retro Cardback Cobra Commander Action Figure inspired by the rare misprinted (Mickey Mouse) variant of the original 1982 “Real American Hero” figure release.

Already included with the H.I.S.S. Tank which is said to be 19" long and 10" are the following items.

- 6" H.I.S.S. Tank Driver

- Early Bird 6" Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician Action Figure inspired by Ron Rudat’s designs

- Stretch Goal #1 - Two Side-Mounted Missile Racks

- Stretch Goal #2 - Retro Style Canopy And Tread Covers

- Stretch Goal #3 - Weapons Accessory Pack And H.I.S.S. Gunner Figure

If you want to back the campaign it will cost $299.99. The H.I.S.S. Tank itself will have the following features:

- Functioning wheels with moving treads: Rotating sprockets and wheels spin as the treads roll forward or backward.

- Elaborately-detailed command cockpit interior: The Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver Action Figure sits buckled with a 5-point harness adorned with Cobra logo before an illuminated control panel. You can pose the figure operating the articulated joystick and throttle controls while targeting Joe combatants.

- “Gull-wing” Canopy: The vehicle comes with features “gull wing” functioning doors with independent right and left sides that lift from center hinges allowing the Driver to enter from either side of the H.I.S.S.

- Rear Cargo Bay: The rear personnel platform provides standing room for additional troops who can be posed holding the functional handrails. Below that is a retractable tow hitch on the rear of the vehicle. The center of the personnel platform flips up allowing the rear cargo door to drop. That reveals an illuminated troop transport cargo space. Inside is a jump seat and a weapon accessory storage rack.

- Articulated turret with poseable cannon accessories: The 360-degree rotating turret includes control details and fits an additional G.I. Joe Classified Series Action Figure (sold separately). The Double “Diablo” Cannon accessories can swivel and elevate independently from one another.

- Removable engine cover detail: Behind the cockpit sits the M.A.R.S.-developed HISS-CS22 propulsion unit detail beneath a removable cover. It connects to side exhaust port details.

- Removable armor plating skirt: The Cobra H.I.S.S. comes with a removable armor plating skirt detail with reactive armor to provide extra protection for the road wheels

Hasbro has said there will only be 4 Stretch Goals with this campaign, however that hasn't stopped some fans from speculating that once the campaign surpasses 16k backers to unlock Stretch Goal #4, Hasbro will then add in additional Stretch Goals. I personally don't think that is very likely. Hasbro did mention something about adding holes on the gun turrets on the tanks for Blast Effects to be attached, so I could maybe see Hasbro throwing some of those in as a "Thank You" to everyone who backed the campaign and allowed it to reach all the stretch goals so quickly, but I guess only time will tell on any of that.

Have you backed this campaign or do you plan to before it ends at 11:59 PM EDT on August 15th 2022? If so how many do you plan on getting? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Hasbro-Haslab-GIJoe-Classified-HISS.jpg

• Thanks 1