HasLab G.I. Joe Classified HISS Tank is LIVE!

JayC

These stretch goals so far stink of something the gaming industry pulls with DLC (paid) content. They develop a game and then strip certain features meant for the final version of the game upfront out of the game so that they can sell it back to the consumer for more money. So far, these HISS stretch goals seem to be the same practice. They developed a vehicle with all of the bells and whistles in tact and then took certain features away to offer up as "upgrades" to the item. This is unacceptable, but  at least they're not a bag of bones and a cardboard backdrop or some other nonsense that's not a huge slap in the face like those Rancor stretch goals. Regardless, these first two upgrades should have come with the vehicle out of the box, since they would if this were offered up in store.

1 hour ago, hainrs said:

Regardless, these first two upgrades should have come with the vehicle out of the box, since they would if this were offered up in store.

The basic vehicle with 1 figure is what you'd get if this was offered up in store. Look at the recent 3 3/4" offerings. The HISS tank and AWE Striker are perfect examples. Both came with a basic vehicle and 1 figure.

I like both stretch goals so far as well as the early bird deal. The side mounted missile launchers look really nice, and the retro canopy and side armor are great for those who want a more classic look. And having an additional figure added is always good.

I am hoping for an ASP to pull behind it, but that might be asking too much. 

• Thanks 1

The Baroness is fond of reminding me of that insipid platitude of the early bird getting the worm, but in this instance, it seems rather fitting since you all successfully funded our H.I.S.S. so fast! Such victory over G.I. Joe has earned ALL backers of this HasLab an exclusive Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician figure with deco inspired by the designs of legendary G.I. Joe designer Rob Rudat - the very man who put me, Destro, in an iron mask. To commend your loyalty to Cobra, backers will get to help choose the color-scheme inspiration for the final deco of the Tactician figure after the campaign ends. And remember, each figure included in the offering is exclusive to the HasLab, and will be individually boxed with its own artwork and number in the G.I. Joe Classified Series sequence.

So go ahead, review these deco schematics below and think wisely on your choices!

The Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank Haslab Campaign currently has 11,566 Backers> If you want to add one to your collection head over to HasbroPulse and get one now.

Hasbro-Tactician-00.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-01.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-02.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-03.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-04.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-05.jpg

Hasbro-Tactician-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hainrs said:

These stretch goals so far stink of something the gaming industry pulls with DLC (paid) content. They develop a game and then strip certain features meant for the final version of the game upfront out of the game so that they can sell it back to the consumer for more money. So far, these HISS stretch goals seem to be the same practice. They developed a vehicle with all of the bells and whistles in tact and then took certain features away to offer up as "upgrades" to the item. This is unacceptable, but  at least they're not a bag of bones and a cardboard backdrop or some other nonsense that's not a huge slap in the face like those Rancor stretch goals. Regardless, these first two upgrades should have come with the vehicle out of the box, since they would if this were offered up in store.

The big difference is that, unlike paid DLC, these don’t actually cost buyers any more. Anyone who bought a HISS on the first day is still paying the same amount of money now as they were then. I agree the canopy and side skirts aren’t that exciting, but I’m happy to have them anyway. Maybe I’ve been through too many crowdfunding campaigns, but this is just how the process works. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

So go ahead, review these deco schematics below and think wisely on your choices!

Hasbro-Tactician-02.jpg

Easy. The one with the red helmet looks like he would be crew on the HISS so it matches the set. I was hoping we'd get a non-helmeted head with facemask and cap or full mechanic/technician in uniform overalls (like the Super7 Snakeling) but out of these I would pick the one that matches the rest of the set. 

• Thanks 1

Early this morning Hasbro's G.I. Joe Classified Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank campaign surpassed 12k backers and unlocking the second of four stretch goals.

So now both Stretch Goal #1 which includes the Two Side-Mounted Missile Racks and Stretch Goal #2 which includes the Retro Style Canopy And Tread Covers will be included with the H.I.S.S Tank along with the 6" Classified Driver and Early Bird 6" Cobra H.I.S.S. Tactician Action Figure inspired by Ron Rudat’s designs.

The G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S. Tank campaign launched on Wednesday (6/29) at 11am ET on HasbroPulse and quickly reached it's minimum funding goal of 8k backers in about 7 hours time setting a new Haslab record. As I type this the campaign currently has 12,029 Backers with over 44 days left to go.

We now await the announcement from Hasbro for what the third stretch goal for this campaign will be which will be unlocked when it reaches 14k backers. Hopefully that announcement will come soon.

Stretch-Goal-2-Unlocked.jpg

• Thanks 1

I hope somebody at Hasbro gives us an update on the third stretch goal soon, and that we don't have to wait until after the 4th of July to see what it is. Even with more than 40 days to go, I'd hate to see this thing lose momentum.

• Thanks 1

Okay all of this is pretty great, but I don't know if at this point I feel like this is worth the price tag, likely it's pretty simplistic at this current state, just a big vehicle for 6'' Joe figure, but I'm not in on this yet. I'm not surprised that it got backed so quick, I feel like this is what so many Classified collectors have been asking for, but is this really worth more then 100 bucks?

30 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

but is this really worth more then 100 bucks?

LOL. Seriously? A 1:18 scale HISS is $42. And that's the same model they've been using since the mid 80's. This is almost double the size, an all new model that has to be researched and developed, and comes with at least 2 figures that cost about $25 each.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Invisa said:

LOL. Seriously? A 1:18 scale HISS is $42. And that's the same model they've been using since the mid 80's. This is almost double the size, an all new model that has to be researched and developed, and comes with at least 2 figures that cost about $25 each.

This is more than double... The is a picture on Instagram that really make the 1:18 scale Hisstank tiny in comparison with this Haslab version... Yes it's worth the price tag, no doubt.💡

3 hours ago, Invisa said:

Alright well I stand corrected, I didn't look hard enough.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

This is more than double... The is a picture on Instagram that really make the 1:18 scale Hisstank tiny in comparison with this Haslab version... Yes it's worth the price tag, no doubt.💡

It's also much more detailed, the treads move, the cannons move independently, there are multiple lights, it comes with two complete figures (as Invisa pointed out), logos and numbers and cockpit instruments will be tampographically applied instead of being stickers that we have to apply ourselves...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While we wait for Hasbro to reveal what the third stretch goal for their Haslab G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S. Tank is going to be, we thought we would share these additional comparison images from Hasbro's Emily which shows the size difference between the 6" scale vehicle and the original 3 3/4" H.I.S.S. Tank.

The new Classified H.I.S.S. is said to be 19" long and 10" high.

As I type this the Haslab G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S. Tank campaign has 12,404 Backers with over 43 days left.

The third stretch goal for this project which has yet to be revealed by Hasbro will be unlocked if the campaign reaches 14k backers. The second stretch goal for the Retro Style Canopy And Tread Covers was unlocked yesterday morning. Since this is a long 4th of July holiday weekend, we may not learn what the 3rd stretch goal will be until Tuesday, though if they do reveal it sooner we will be sure to update you here.

Hiss-Size-01.jpg

Hiss-Size-02.jpg

Hiss-Size-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hasbro has announced the third stretch goal for their G.I. Joe Classified Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank campaign which is a Weapons Accessory Pack And H.I.S.S. Gunner Figure.

You'll get twin HISSINTEGRATOR CANNON accessories, which attach under the nose of the cockpit, and two HISSRUPTOR ZX-5 blaster accessories that attach to either side of the H.I.S.S. turret!
A weapon is nothing without someone to wield it. Pose your H.I.S.S. Gunner figure at the controls of the articulated turret or wielding their weapon accesssssories. Adding a Gunner figure gives you a full complement of troops to staff your H.I.S.S. vehicle.

Looks like the Gunner is a female version of the H.I.S.S. Driver.

Once the campaign surpasses 14k backers these will be included with it. Right now the campaign is at 12,423 Backers. This campaign has a total of four stretch goals planned for it. There is one remaining one that is not yet known.

HISS-Stretch-3-02.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-01.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-03.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-04.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-05.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-06.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-07.jpg

HISS-Stretch-3-08.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRT said:

Now that's more like it! Definitely in for it now..

Yeah, I was waiting for a gunner figure. I figured it was coming, but I'm in for sure now.

16 hours ago, Invisa said:

LOL. Seriously? A 1:18 scale HISS is $42. And that's the same model they've been using since the mid 80's.

In Canada or Australia? It's $24.99 US.

• Thanks 1

I wish the minigun included with Heavy Artillery Roadblock looked as good as the two in this latest unlock (and accurate-these aren't a perfect representation of a GAU-17 variant of the M-134, but it's very close). The HISS gunner is great, too. With the driver and the tactician, we got a whole crew. The front cannon is great, too. Looks like it got over 100 backers in the last hour. Not as fast as that first day, but not bad at all for a holiday weekend. This thing is gonna be armed to the teeth.

• Thanks 1