HasLab G.I. Joe Classified HISS Tank is LIVE!

JayC

Hasbro's G.I. Joe Brand Team of Emily and Lenny are holding their final live-stream for Yo-Joe June where the primary focus is expected to be the formal announcement for the G.I. Joe Classified Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank campaign which based on yesterday's leak looks to cost $300. I would expect the campaign to go live at some point today on the HasbroPulse website.

Whether there is anything else revealed today is unknown, but we will have full details for everything they show and tell us below.

The 19" long and 10" high HISS Tank Classified Project is now LIVE on HasbroPulse. It comes with the HISS Tank Drive Driver and needs 8k backers. There will be four unlockable tiers that they are not announcing today. the cost is $299.99.

- Multiple lighting combinations with Cobra Insignia Beacon

-Functioning wheels with moving treads: Rotating sprockets and wheels spin as the treads roll forward or backward.

-Elaborately-detailed command cockpit interior: The Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver Action Figure sits buckled with a 5-point harness adorned with Cobra logo before an illuminated control panel. You can pose the figure operating the articulated joystick and throttle controls while targeting Joe combatants.
“Gull-wing” Canopy: The vehicle comes with features “gull wing” functioning doors with independent right and left sides that lift from center hinges allowing the Driver to enter from either side of the H.I.S.S.

-Rear Cargo Bay: The rear personnel platform provides standing room for additional troops who can be posed holding the functional handrails. Below that is a retractable tow hitch on the rear of the vehicle. The center of the personnel platform flips up allowing the rear cargo door to drop. That reveals an illuminated troop transport cargo space. Inside is a jump seat and a weapon accessory storage rack.

-Articulated turret with poseable cannon accessories: The 360-degree rotating turret includes control details and fits an additional G.I. Joe Classified Series Action Figure (sold separately). The Double “Diablo” Cannon accessories can swivel and elevate independently from one another.

-Removable engine cover detail: Behind the cockpit sits the M.A.R.S.-developed HISS-CS22 propulsion unit detail beneath a removable cover. It connects to side exhaust port details.

-Removable armor plating skirt: The Cobra H.I.S.S. comes with a removable armor plating skirt detail with reactive armor to provide extra protection for the road wheels

-Extendable cockpit boarding ladders: Flip-down boarding ladders descend from each side of the H.I.S.S. granting the Driver easier access to the cockpit.

If they reach 8k units in 7 days from today (July 6, 11:59PM) they will throw in an early bird offering of an extra Classified figure. Cobra Hiss Technician based on Ron Rudat early designs of the driver who will also do the box art for the figure. Fans will get to vote on what color it iwill be if its unlocked.

The HISS Cannons will have holes on the turrets for blast effects.

Showing an update for the 3 3/4" Haslab Skystrike shipping later this year for those who backed it. They are showing an E1 painted model for it. So there will still be some changes.

Panel ends.

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 3.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 4.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 5.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02 6.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-02.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-03 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-03 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-03.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-04 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-04 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-04.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-05 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-05 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-05.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-06 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-06 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-06 3.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-06 4.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-06.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-07.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-08.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-09.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-10.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-11 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-11 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-11.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-12.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-13 1.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-13 2.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-13 3.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Fan-Fest-13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The price will depend largely on how close they stick to the original HiSS I's basic configuration--single driver, single turret, troop platform on the back--or add some of the gimmicks and features from later models--twin cockpit, interior troop compartment, elevating turret and or canopy, etc.  Either way, based on their Skystriker, I'd expect a lot of modular/customizing options.  Stretch goals could include alternate turrets, clip on weapons and cargo racks, a new gunner figure, a service team with tools, or any number of other options.  After the Skystriker I'm confident this team will come up with some stretch goals that will make sense and enhance the experience of the toy.  You could tell see love that went into designing that Skystriker, and I'd expect the HISS to be no different.  The cost is going to be the biggest factor in its success... although some concrete updates on the status of their previous project would help too to build confidence.

• Like 1

Buzz Lightyear aircraft are running around $38.00 and while some will require a bit of nudging, they definitey fit GI Joe figures. That Buzz "armadillo" craft is very close to a HISS. A decent HISS could easily be made by hasbro for under $100.00, certainly not the $400.00 insane markup talked about here. Seriously? A haslab project for this thing?? Ridiculous!

14 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

...or add some of the gimmicks and features from later models--twin cockpit, interior troop compartment, elevating turret and or canopy, etc.

If they somehow made a combo of the HISS and HISS II I would love it. Basic V1 HISS shape but the top turret would not have a bucket for a gunner and instead the back opened up to a small troop transport. Then include the classic HISS Driver AND a Motor Viper as the first stretch goal. Edit to say: and of course there would be subtle upgrades to the detailing all around so that from a distance you get the classic shape but up close there is semi-realistic detailing all over while still keeping the core design entirely intact.

I would guess a minor tweak to the classic design, alternate 'heads' (Turrets) and two figures at least...Tank driver and maybe a repainted Cobra Commander or something (Hooded?). I think the twin cannon turret and a missile turret (Arctic HISS) would be most likely. 'stretch goals', besides figures, could be bits of equipment hanging from the tank, like tarps, bags, etc.

It will be $500 most likely due to supply/material 'issues', etc. I will be super happy to be wrong on this part (Lower, not higher)

Ok, I think some of you guys are really putting the price to high for a Classified Hisstank... Nobody in their right mind will army build a $400 or $500 so that's out of the window here. Hasbro knows people will want to army build and they probably do something similar like the Sky striker... I will say $250 range maybe a bit more but not on the $300 balk park. Also will come with 3 figures, driver, Cobra trooper and a repainted classified Cobra Commander in light blue colors...😀

It looks like the Classified H.I.S.S. Tank is confirmed as being tomorrow's G.I. Joe Haslab Campaign announcement. We know this because the listing has popped up early on the HasbroPulse website. No images or specific details but looks like the price is going to be $299.99.

Hasbro is holding a Live-Stream on their Pulse YouTube channel tomorrow (6/29) at 11am ET where all the details should be revealed.

GIjoe-Haslab-HISS-02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the stretch goals will make or break it. I'm hoping they really knock it out of the park with all sorts of crazy features like real rolling treads, cockpit details, interchangeable cannons, undercarriage detail, blast effects, removeable panels to show fun well sculpted greebles and of course... a HISS Driver. I do have some faith given how cool the Skystriker project was. I hope it's not just an upscaled 1 for 1 HISS with no added details but I'm afraid that's what it will be - just a pure upsize of the retro. 

• Thanks 1

The cost of individual mass produced figures are defrayed by the volume of units sold. A vehicle in a new scale is going to require a lot of unique tooling, which I'm told is quite expensive. Since this is only going to be available in limited numbers, the production costs aren't going to be offset by volume. Blah blah blah. $300 bucks doesn't sound that bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:38 AM, Roadpigmaster said:

Ok, I think some of you guys are really putting the price to high for a Classified Hisstank... Nobody in their right mind will army build a $400 or $500 so that's out of the window here. 😀

That's the key phrase right there. Hasbro knows they can throw that out there and a lot of people will start to spasm, disengage rational thought, and rush to buy these things at ten-twelve times the price they're actually worth. Que lastima!