McFarlane 5" DC Super Powers Figures Superman And Darkseid In-Hand Images

JayC

• 2 weeks later...

Never cared for the McFarlane, comics or toys. These figures are not super powers. They are something else.  

These Batman and Superman heads are just awful. And that’s not even the Batman suit from super powers.

He is trying to merge his versions with super powers. McFarlane is no super powers. This is wasted potential on a new, good classic style super powers line. 

Somebody else should try again. Even a super7 reaction line would be alright.

I never bought the original Superpowers figures because I thought they were lackluster compared to ARAH Joes. This is cool for those that have nostalgia for them, though.

I would really love to see people do lines of figures with ARAH design and articulation instead of Kenner Star Wars or 5" Superpowers

10 hours ago, Gold1983 said:

Never cared for the McFarlane, comics or toys. These figures are not super powers. They are something else.  

These Batman and Superman heads are just awful. And that’s not even the Batman suit from super powers.

He is trying to merge his versions with super powers. McFarlane is no super powers. This is wasted potential on a new, good classic style super powers line. 

I think he is doing characters and versions of characters that the original line never got to is the idea. I have many of the originals from my childhood and I picked up the new Superman from Mcfarlane. The scale is correct to the originals as is the articulation. So if there are characters anyone wants that were never done before they should blend nicely with the og line. I know personally I would have no interest in an incorrectly scaled reaction line with even less articulation than the originals. 

Calling it now: That Super Power Blue Batwing is going to be repainted Black in a possible 5" Batman 1989-1997 Movie line of toys(I'm including the other movies beside the 1989 Batman, only because it would help expand his scope, and no just limit himself to 1989 only). 

Especially at least because Michael Keaton is going to be Batman again in the upcoming Flashpoint and Batgirl movies, ideally, McFarlane will get the rights to do Keaton's likeness.  Not to mention, those other movies from the 1st Batman Movie Franchise have some Nostalgic  for many, even Batman Forever and Batman And Robin.  

Looking at these being 5", it makes me wonder if the 1960's Batman T.V. series line was originally going to be 5" instead of 6", only because when you look at McFarlane's Batmobile and Batcave from this line, they seem undersize for the 6" figures, and more at home with 5" figures(As Brad: The DC Geek showed off in his review on the Batmobile from this line).  Guess if anything, you can just use these 5" Super Powers figures with McF's 1960's T.V. Batmobile and Batcave.  

Best thing about this line so far are the vehicles. The figures themselves arent really doing it for me and I honestly think the original Kenner sculpts are a little better.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, Gold1983 said:

Even with the current sculpts, these are WAY better than a ReAction line would be.  I can't stand those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on the story we shared with you earlier this evening, we now thanks to Lester Fipps have a better look at the new 5" DC Super Powers Wave 2 John Stewart Green Lantern figure from McFarlane Toys that has started hitting Walmart stores. This one was found in Lumberton, NC.

The figure is part of the second wave that will also include The Batman Who Laughs and DC Rebirth The Flash, however on the cardback only the products from wave 1 are featured. Since the other two figures in the second wave have yet to be spotted, it seems Stewart has started shipping early with the other wave 1 products which includes Hush Batman, Superman and New 52 Darkseid. The vehicles in the line include the Batwing and Supermobile.

This entire line is exclusive to Walmart stores here in the US. The wave 1 products have been hitting physical stores for several weeks now, but this is the first we are seeing of the John Stewart. Still no word when any of these will be made available online.

Green-Lantern-01.jpg

Green-Lantern-02.jpg

Green-Lantern-03.jpg

Green-Lantern-04.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Following up on the story we shared with you earlier this evening, we now thanks to Lester Fipps have a better look at the new 5" DC Super Powers Wave 2 John Stewart Green Lantern figure from McFarlane Toys that has started hitting Walmart stores. This one was found in Lumberton, NC.

The figure is part of the second wave that will also include The Batman Who Laughs and DC Rebirth The Flash, however on the cardback only the products from wave 1 are featured. Since the other two figures in the second wave have yet to be spotted, it seems Stewart has started shipping early with the other wave 1 products which includes Hush Batman, Superman and New 52 Darkseid. The vehicles in the line include the Batwing and Supermobile.

This entire line is exclusive to Walmart stores here in the US. The wave 1 products have been hitting physical stores for several weeks now, but this is the first we are seeing of the John Stewart. Still no word when any of these will be made available online.

Green-Lantern-01.jpg

Green-Lantern-02.jpg

Green-Lantern-03.jpg

Green-Lantern-04.jpg

Yes this is what I’m talking about. Expanding the original line with never before done characters. John is a welcome addition and I can’t wait to see who else is coming. 

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Green-Lantern-01.jpg

Green-Lantern-02.jpg

Green-Lantern-03.jpg

Green-Lantern-04.jpg

This is great and exactly what I want to see in this line (characters that weren’t in the vintage line).  I just hope the line becomes more easily obtainable soon.  

I'm not too keen on Todd McFarlane's DC Multiverse or Super Powers line at all.. His fetish for everything and anything Batman is quite concerning to say the least. I have yet to see a Classic Comic Wonder Woman action figure in any if the lines. And if we haven't gotten her yet, then even less of a chance for a Supergirl or Zatanna figure. 

Hopefully another toy company can swoop in and steal the licensing rights from Tom McFarlane regarding DC comic book characters. 

Im happy with my Mattel DC Universe Classics and DC Direct/DC Collectibles action figures. 

I'm stoked for the hasbros Marvel Legends Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends box set!!!! Thank you Hasbro!! They know how to do it!!

16 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Yes this is what I’m talking about. Expanding the original line with never before done characters. John is a welcome addition and I can’t wait to see who else is coming. 

Eh, I'm not excited for this line honestly 

6 hours ago, Christian said:

Eh, I'm not excited for this line honestly 

I’m Curious.  Why not? 

7 hours ago, Christian said:

I'm not too keen on Todd McFarlane's DC Multiverse or Super Powers line at all.. His fetish for everything and anything Batman is quite concerning to say the least. I have yet to see a Classic Comic Wonder Woman action figure in any if the lines. And if we haven't gotten her yet, then even less of a chance for a Supergirl or Zatanna figure. 

Hopefully another toy company can swoop in and steal the licensing rights from Tom McFarlane regarding DC comic book characters. 

Im happy with my Mattel DC Universe Classics and DC Direct/DC Collectibles action figures. 

I'm stoked for the hasbros Marvel Legends Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends box set!!!! Thank you Hasbro!! They know how to do it!!

I agree and share similar feelings about the Multiverse line (although I do feel like there are improvements) but this Super Powers line is a very different animal to where I feel like there will hopefully be different choices made.  

Outside of going back to Mattel who would your ideal candidates be to take over the DC license?  I think the criticism of McFarlane character selection. is fair, but I’m not sure who would be able to do a similar (but better) job at a similar price point. We see that companies like SpinMasters and Playmates will focus on kids lines or less detailed form factors, Jakks over does the repaints and rereleases, collector companies like NECA or Super7 or Diamond only release a handful of figures at a time (thus probably making it even less likely to get non-Bat characters any time soon).  Outside of going back to Mattel (which I definitely preferred) I’m not sure who would do it more right.  And in those last few years with Mattel the amount of pegs and shelf space set aside for DC product at retail was dwindling (which is probably why WB was looking to make a change).  McFarlane/SpinMasters despite any flaws do seem to be doing a better job of keeping more square footage on the isle for DC product 

4 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I agree and share similar feelings about the Multiverse line (although I do feel like there are improvements) but this Super Powers line is a very different animal to where I feel like there will hopefully be different choices made.  

Outside of going back to Mattel who would your ideal candidates be to take over the DC license?  I think the criticism of McFarlane character selection. is fair, but I’m not sure who would be able to do a similar (but better) job at a similar price point. We see that companies like SpinMasters and Playmates will focus on kids lines or less detailed form factors, Jakks over does the repaints and rereleases, collector companies like NECA or Super7 or Diamond only release a handful of figures at a time (thus probably making it even less likely to get non-Bat characters any time soon).  Outside of going back to Mattel (which I definitely preferred) I’m not sure who would do it more right.  And in those last few years with Mattel the amount of pegs and shelf space set aside for DC product at retail was dwindling (which is probably why WB was looking to make a change).  McFarlane/SpinMasters despite any flaws do seem to be doing a better job of keeping more square footage on the isle for DC product 

Oh the Capes on the Super Powers Line is sad. Both Superman and Batman have holes in them. Like Why? No bueno 

I think Super7 does really nice figures. (Masters of the Universe) So does Neca.

I will clarify my displeasure of McFarlane. I'm a huge DC Comics fan and I love the Justice League roster of heroes. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, were a huge part of The Justice League and we haven't gotten those figures yet.  Or even a Classic Dick Grayson as Robin yet. To me when you take over a toyline titled DC Multiverse one would expect at least the original characters first. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Robin to be the first wave of figures. Or at least the first 2 Waves.  Nothing yet 

Then we get 2 versions of page punchers figures in different scales. A 4 inch line and a 7 inch line. I haven't read the storyline the figures are based off of but it didn't seem promising to me in my opinion

Then we get a Super Powers Line and the wave of figures I see,  is more Batman and Superman, no Dick Grayson Robin or Wonder Woman? Like seriously? Two of America's Iconic heroes and we get nothing? You can't tell me that fans aren't clamoring for those figures? I won't buy a fib like that. As of now the only classic looking Wonder Woman is from the film Wonder Woman 1984. That's unacceptable.

Couple that with the interview he did with YouTube's Shartimusprine and I got completely turned off on him. No way am I putting money into his pocket of a guy who says something so moronically and at his age too, that shouldn't be Said. Is the equivalent of somebody saying "I won't make a person of color action figure because people don't really buy them". It's a ridiculous thing to say. 

So I pray Super7 or Neca (I'd say Hasbro but that will never happen) acquires the DC Comics collection rights. Although it took this side of forever to get a cheetara figure but look at Masters of the Universe line though. They did good.

3 hours ago, Christian said:

I think Super7 does really nice figures. (Masters of the Universe) So does Neca.

I will clarify my displeasure of McFarlane. I'm a huge DC Comics fan and I love the Justice League roster of heroes. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, were a huge part of The Justice League and we haven't gotten those figures yet.  Or even a Classic Dick Grayson as Robin yet. To me when you take over a toyline titled DC Multiverse one would expect at least the original characters first. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Robin to be the first wave of figures. Or at least the first 2 Waves.  Nothing yet 

super 7 would charge $60 a figure and release 4 figures a year and no guarantee that you'll get the retconned character designs from 60 years ago that u desire.

and comic aquaman was made, he was released in the endless winter wave, great figure.

lol superman, batman, wonder woman, and robin were all released within in the 1st few waves. if youre gonna get on that soapbox, it would be wise to know what youre preaching about 1st.

13 minutes ago, Monstrous said:

super 7 would charge $60 a figure and release 4 figures a year and no guarantee that you'll get the retconned character designs from 60 years ago that u desire.

and comic aquaman was made, he was released in the endless winter wave, great figure.

lol superman, batman, wonder woman, and robin were all released within in the 1st few waves. if youre gonna get on that soapbox, it would be wise to know what youre preaching about 1st.

They charge 40/45 a figure. But at least you are getting quality figures. I bought the year to Batman for 50 bucks Tom McFarlane and the arm broke within seconds of taking him out of the box. 

As much as people ruff on Hasbro or Super 7 or Mattel I have yet to have an action figure break on me taking out of the package and I still have figures over 20 years old that's out of the box that has not broken.

And Todd McFarlane is all over the place with his figures/waves and his constant fetish for Batman is an actual turn-off. He's making figures of Batman that nobody really wants. It seems you're having trouble reading what I'm writing he hasn't made a CLASSIC  Wonder Woman or classic Aquaman figure the word CLASSIC should be etched on your brain Then he goes makes booster Gold and Blue Beetle instead of concentrating on Aquaman and Wonder Woman CLASSIC figures.  That's why I continue to write CLASSIC. 😂 That Aquaman while nice isn't classic. Plus lack of accessories in favor of a card? Like Todd, That's a bit odd 

I'm sorry but he's not the guy to make a coherent line of figures based on figures that people actually want. And his prices will go up. Don't worry about that. It's coming 

Hopefully that's more clear now instead of trying to come off as self-righteous and condescending 

Take care 

20 minutes ago, Christian said:

They charge 40/45 a figure. But at least you are getting quality figures. I bought the year to Batman for 50 bucks Tom McFarlane and the arm broke within seconds of taking him out of the box. 

As much as people ruff on Hasbro or Super 7 or Mattel I have yet to have an action figure break on me taking out of the package and I still have figures over 20 years old that's out of the box that has not broken.

And Todd McFarlane is all over the place with his figures/waves and his constant fetish for Batman is an actual turn-off. He's making figures of Batman that nobody really wants. It seems you're having trouble reading what I'm writing he hasn't made a CLASSIC  Wonder Woman or classic Aquaman figure the word CLASSIC should be etched on your brain Then he goes makes booster Gold and Blue Beetle instead of concentrating on Aquaman and Wonder Woman CLASSIC figures.  That's why I continue to write CLASSIC. 😂 That Aquaman while nice isn't classic. Plus lack of accessories in favor of a card? Like Todd, That's a bit odd 

I'm sorry but he's not the guy to make a coherent line of figures based on figures that people actually want. And his prices will go up. Don't worry about that. It's coming 

Hopefully that's more clear now instead of trying to come off as self-righteous and condescending 

Take care 

the njpw figures from super 7 are $60 each and the quality is beyond terrible. but again, knowledge helps before preaching.

i dont think u know what classic means either. the aquaman released is as "classic" as it gets. what u want is clean cut hair with no beard aquaman. seeing as hes appeared with long hair and beard in more issues and for more years than without, thats his "classic" look. sorry its not the look u grew up with way back in the 1960s but debut appearances arent always the definitive look for a character.

we're getting way off topic tho, this thread is for super powers figs not multiverse. we're all sorry to hear about your displeasure with a single individual in a semi-large company. thank u very much for making an account just to inform us that u refuse to buy toys from this company and about your displeasure with warner bros for changing the appearances of your favorite characters. your negativity is greatly appreciated.

The first wave of 5" DC Super Powers product from McFarlane Toys is now available for purchase on the Walmart website. See direct links below:

- 5 Inch Figures - Hush Batman

- 5 Inch Figures - New 52 Darkseid

- Super Powers 5IN Figures - Superman

- SUPER POWERS VEHICLES - WV1 - BATWING

- Supermobile DC Super Powers

• Like 1