McFarlane 5" DC Super Powers Figures Superman And Darkseid In-Hand Images

JayC

While not yet officially announced by McFalrane Toys, earlier this month we got our first look at their DC Direct 5" Super Powers line with Darkseid.

Well it seems despite McFarlane being mum about these they are already starting to hit stores. When you go to eBay you will find multiple in-hand listings now for Darkseid and thanks to Mario on social media we also now have a first in-hand look at the Superman figure.

From the back of the packaging for these figures we also see a Batman figure is coming along with Batwing and Supermobile vehicles. The packaging pays tribute to the original DC Super Powers line from the 80s. Details such as prices have yet to emerge and no idea when McFarlane will get around to officially announcing these, though with them already hitting retail I would say that will be coming soon.

Super-Powers-Darkseid-01.jpg

Super-Powers-Darkseid-02.jpg

Super-Powers-Superman-01.jpg

Super-Powers-Superman-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JZappa said:

Who is a 5" line for?? Why does Todd hate cohesive collections?? 

I assume 5” is what they consider to be the scale of the original Super Powers line.  So this is cohesive with our vintage collection.  That’s the only scale that makes sense in this case

I’ll get these to go with my vintage figures but what I’m really waiting for are the characters we never had in the vintage line:  Teen Titan, Supergirl, Batgirl, Hawkgirl, Catwoman, proper Riddler, Two Face, Bizarro, The Atom, Black Canary, Golden Age Flash and Green Lanters, Scarecrow, Rahs, classic green Brainiac, Black Lightning, Black Vulcan, Black Manta, Lois Lane, Lantern Corps, Blue Beetle, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Deathstroke, The Legion, Constantine, Zatanna, Stargirl, the Watchmen! so many to choose—that’s what I want to see!  

Also not sure how I feel about that Superman face sculpt though I suppose they had to do something to distinguish it from the original.  

Ok, unlike Hasbro marvel stuff this is actually a good retro line I can stand behind. It's a little weird to see New 52 Darkseid but I guess it's trying to show us that line won't be restricted by super powers original designs. 

A big thanks to Jonathan for these in-hand images for the new McFarlane Toys 5" DC Super Powers Superman and Batwing vehicle which he found at his local Walmart store. According to him the figures cost $10 each and the Batwing costs $20. This line is done as a nod to the original 80's line and we know there are figures of Superman, Batman and Darkseid being done along with the Batwing and Supermobile vehicles. As of right now McFarlane Toys has yet to officially announce this line even though it is already hitting stores now.

DC-Super-Powers-00.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-01.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-02.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-03.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-04.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-05.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-06.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-07.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-08.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-09.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-10.jpg

I was already in but at $20 for vehicles and $10 for figures I’m extra pleased and might get 2 of each figure to keep one MOC

4 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Think they are missing the boat on these.  Give me these in 6" with modern articulation.  An update of this lines figure, and I'll be going broke

That's what I'm waiting for as well. Give me classic looks with modern articulation.

12 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Think they are missing the boat on these.  Give me these in 6" with modern articulation.  An update of this lines figure, and I'll be going broke

I mean didn’t we get that with DC Universe Classics?  There have been plenty of 6 inch DC lines and figures in this modern era.  The entire point of this Super Powers line is to have figures that go with and continue the style of the original Super Powers line.  That’s the whole point.  If that’s not what you’re into that’s cool, but saying something called Super Powers intended to go with the original Super Powers figures should be a completely different style and scale than the Super Powers figures doesn’t make sense to me.  That’s like being a Transformer guy and thinking they must be “missing the boat” because these figures don’t transform into robots.  That was never the intention or the goal of this line and there are already other avenues and other lines out there that have done what you’re looking for.  

• Like 1

Shown below is a look at all the items being released in the first wave of the new 5" DC Super Powers Tribute Line from McFarlane Toys. For figures the first wave has Batman, Superman and Darkseid and then for vehicles we have the Batwing and Supermobile.

We had previously shared images of Superman, Darkseid and the Batwing and today we bring you better looks at the Batman figure thanks to Cullen as well as the Supermobile which has shown up on eBay.

As previously reported, these are currently showing up at Walmart stores where the figures cost $10 each and the vehicles $20. The wings fold on the Batwing and the Supermobile has punching action.

While these are already hitting retail stores, McFarlane Toys has yet to officially announce this new line which pays tribute to the original 80s Kenner line. While currently Walmart is the only place these are being found at, it's not clear if these are being sold as Walmart exclusives here in the US or not. I believe these will eventually be made available elsewhere but that is not confirmed. Again if you want these now then Walmart is the place to look.

I can also tell you based on overseas listings there is at least a second wave of figures planned for this line. Again not confirmed by McFarlane Toys, but it looks like eventually we will see the following figures:

15768 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - Green Lantern John Stewart 787926157680
15772 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - The Batman Who Laughs 787926157727
15773 Dc Direct - Super Powers 5In Figures Wv2 - Dc Rebirth The Flash 787926157734

When official details are made available from McFarlane Toys on these we will be sure to let you know.

00.jpg

01-DC-Super-Powers-Batman-01.jpg

02-DC-Super-Powers-Superman-01.jpg

03-DC-Super-Powers-Darkseid.jpg

04-DC-Super-Powers-Bat-Wing-01.jpg

05-DC-Super-Powers-Bat-Wing-02.jpg

06-DC-Super-Powers-Supermobile-01.jpg

07-DC-Super-Powers-Supermobile-02.jpg

• Like 2

I like the look of the Batwing, I plan on getting it and the Batman, as long as I actually can get them without hassle.   I've got to admit, it stirs me up even more about wanting a Kenner Dark Knight Collection tribute wave.   I will be interested to see the Batwing side by side with my original TurboJet Batwing from that line.

19 minutes ago, rono said:

I would have thought Robin, Joker, & Wonder Woman would have been in the second wave over Batman Who Laughs. I guess that character is a big seller. 

Remember this is Todd your dealing with. Throw basic assumptions out the window. 

These figures are actually pretty cool, but I mean how much cooler would they be if they were 6'' and had premium articulation? well obviously way cooler and I'd buy them, Todd is doing good things, but needs to focus on doing better things for the collectors this would have been an amazing line if these figures had better points of articulation and were a bit taller, I'd have been hooked in.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

These figures are actually pretty cool, but I mean how much cooler would they be if they were 6'' and had premium articulation? well obviously way cooler and I'd buy them, Todd is doing good things, but needs to focus on doing better things for the collectors this would have been an amazing line if these figures had better points of articulation and were a bit taller, I'd have been hooked in.

Soooo...DC Universe Classics, basically, like Inspector Zartan said in response to MagnaPrime. I'm not going to repeat everything else he says, but he makes some very good points, and his post is worth a read.

• 2 weeks later...

Never cared for the McFarlane, comics or toys. These figures are not super powers. They are something else.  

These Batman and Superman heads are just awful. And that’s not even the Batman suit from super powers.

He is trying to merge his versions with super powers. McFarlane is no super powers. This is wasted potential on a new, good classic style super powers line. 

Somebody else should try again. Even a super7 reaction line would be alright.