DC Page Punchers Vs Marvel Legends Retro Figures

JayC

mcucollector24 has posted an image showing off the difference in size between the new McFarlane Toys 3" DC Page Punchers and a Hasbro Marvel Legends 3.75" Retro Cardback figure. Both have minimal articulation and cost around $10 each.

DC-Page-Punchers-Vs-Marvel-Retro.jpg

• Like 1

Actually this is McFarlane's doing. It's not a terrible looking figure just an awkward scale. I get that maybe he couldn't do 3.75 due to the SpinMaster license (Although they are really 4inch) they could have gone with 5inch scale so that they would be in scale with their basic My Hero Academia and Avatar figures. Honestly I thought they were going to do that with their Superpowers line. I was surprised when I saw they are actually making them in the old Super Powers type sculpts which makes me wonder if those will be more of a 4.5inch line as I seem to recall Super Powers being slightly under the 5inch mark. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I think McFarlane might just be throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. Like when they put out just one wave of Star Trek figures (Kirk and Picard). This is why I never bought the Teen Titan Cyborg figure cause I felt he wasn't going to complete the team. 

9 minutes ago, RoddyDrama said:

Actually this is McFarlane's doing. It's not a terrible looking figure just an awkward scale. I get that maybe he couldn't do 3.75 due to the SpinMaster license (Although they are really 4inch) they could have gone with 5inch scale so that they would be in scale with their basic My Hero Academia and Avatar figures. Honestly I thought they were going to do that with their Superpowers line. I was surprised when I saw they are actually making them in the old Super Powers type sculpts which makes me wonder if those will be more of a 4.5inch line as I seem to recall Super Powers being slightly under the 5inch mark. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I think McFarlane might just be throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. Like when they put out just one wave of Star Trek figures (Kirk and Picard). This is why I never bought the Teen Titan Cyborg figure cause I felt he wasn't going to complete the team. 

I think you're correct Spinmaster has the 3.75-4" license. You can argue that there is a 0.05" difference but licensing Wise it's too similar sometimes.

McFarlane has a Superpowers line soon there has been leak images of the new 52 Dark side the trouble is it's hard to tell the scale which I think will be 5 inches? Or a lot of us hope.

i just saw these today at retail, they are pretty pathetic and way way way over priced.  $10 for a $2.99 comic and a cake topper figure from the dollar store.  thats literally all your getting for $10. these should be $5, what a ripoff.  marvel legends retros tower in size and bulk compared to these. major failure