Hasbro Says Over 100 G.I. Joe Classifed 6" Figures Released By End Of 2023 - Based On What We Know, How Close Are We?

JayC

Yesterday I went to the see a screening of the original G.I. Joe Animated movie for it's 35th Anniversary which was playing in movie theaters through Fathom Events. Before the movie began they showed a little segment with Hasbro's G.I. Joe brand team members Emily and Lenny where they were talking about the 6" G.I. Joe Classified line. During this segment they made the claim that by the end of 2023 they will have released over 100 figures in the 6" G.I. Joe Classified line.

This had me thinking, based on what's already been released and what has been officially announced, how close were we to that total number? As you know most G.I. Joe Classified figures are numbered and based on what we know this is how those numbers break down:

00 - Pulse Exclusive Deluxe Snake-Eyes

01 - Roadblock

02 - Snake-Eyes

03 - Destro

04 - Duke

05 - Scarlett

06 - Regal Cobra Commander

07 - Gung-Ho

08 - Red Ninja

09 - Snake Supreme Cobra Commander

10 - Cobra Island Beach Head

11 - Cobra Island Roadblock

12 - Cobra Island Cobra Infantry Soldier

13 - Cobra Island Baroness With Coil Cycle

14 - Arctic Mission Storm Shadow

15 - Profit Director Destro

16 - Snake Eyes Origins Snake Eyes

17 - Snake Eyes Origins Storm Shadow

18 - Snake Eyes Origins Akiko

19 - Snake Eyes Origins Baroness

20 - Snake Eyes Origins Scarlett

21 - Cobra Island Firefly

22 - Cobra Island Cobra Viper

23 - Zartan

24 - Cobra Infantry Soldier

25 - Lady Jaye

26 - Flint

27 - Major Bludd

28 - Amazon Exclusive Classic Roadblock

29 - Breaker And Ram Cycle

30 - Snake-Eyes And Timber

31 - Color Change Zartan

32 - Barbecue

33 - Cobra B.A.T.

34 - Alley Viper

35 - Classic Storm Shadow

36 - Spirit

37 - Cobra Officer

38 - Croc Master And Fiona

39 - Tiger Force Outback

40 - Tiger Force Duke And RAM

41 - Python Patrol BAT

42 - Python Patrol Cobra Viper

44 - Tomax

45 - Xamot

46 - Stalker

47 - Cobra Viper 3-Pack

48 - Zarana

49 - Dusty

50 - Crimson Guard

51 - Blue Ninja 2-Pack

52 - Snake-Eyes With Timber V2

53 - Unknown

54 - Tiger Force Bazooka

55 - Tiger Force Recondo

56 - Python Patrol Cobra Officer

57 - Unknown

58 - Unknown

59 - Unknown

60 - Unknown

61 - Kamakura

So we know Kamakura will be figure number 61. Out of those 61 figures we have 57 names assigned to those numbers.There are 15 figures Hasbro has officially announced which have yet to be assigned a number. Those are the following:

- Sgt Slaughter

- Dr. Mindbender

- Scrap Iron

- Grunt

- Tunnel Rat

- Snow Job

- Shipwreck

- Copperhead

- Torpedo

- Rock N’ Roll

- Lt. Falcon

- Barbecue (Marauders)

- Crimson B.A.T.

- Outback

- Cover Girl

Then there are 9 figures we know are coming that I don't think have actual numbers assigned to them but I assume are included in Hasbro's total of 100 figures coming by the end of 2023. Those are as folows:

- Pulse Exclusive Fortnite Snake-Eyes

- Walmart Retro Cardback Baroness

- Walmart Retro Cardback Lady Jaye

- Walmart Retro Cardback Destro

- Walmart Retro Cardback Gung-Ho

- Walmart Retro Cardback Zartan

- Walmart Retro Cardback Storm Shadow

- Walmart Retro Cardback Unknown

- Walmart Retro Cardback Unknown

For the Walmart Retro figures Hasbro has announced 6 of them and told us there will be a total of 8 figures released. So that brings our total up to 81 figures we know are coming between now and the end of 2023. We also told you the other day how while not yet officially confirmed by Hasbro it looked like a Classified Serpentor figure was coming. That makes the total 82.

We also know that there will be a Classified Haslab coming this year which will likely include at least 1 figure if not more.

So we can see here based on what we currently know, Hasbro is pretty close to that 100 mark with 18 more figures that have yet to be announced.

GIJoe-Classified-100.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would wager OG Bazooka and Recondo would be part of the lineup if thats the number they are pushing for

For what its worth Chuckles, Doc, Hawk, Helix, Jinx, Riocord, Sci Fi, Wild Bill, Buzzer, Ripper, Road Pig, Sand Scorpion and Torch are all featured on Hasbros official.GI Joe page and characters like Dusty, Cover Girl and Rock N Roll have all been announced since featuring on this page. Every other character on those profile pages is in the line.

If that was to be an indicator of the future thats another 13 right there. Plus 2 easy repaints.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrWolf12000 said:

I would wager OG Bazooka and Recondo would be part of the lineup if thats the number they are pushing for

For what its worth Chuckles, Doc, Hawk, Helix, Jinx, Riocord, Sci Fi, Wild Bill, Buzzer, Ripper, Road Pig, Sand Scorpion and Torch are all featured on Hasbros official.GI Joe page and characters like Dusty, Cover Girl and Rock N Roll have all been announced since featuring on this page. Every other character on those profile pages is in the line.

If that was to be an indicator of the future thats another 13 right there. Plus 2 easy repaints.

They've said before that what's on the official page and what they're making are at least somewhat unrelated. I'd love a new Helix figure, but I wouldn't count on seeing her or any other character created after 2000 before 2024.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

They've said before that what's on the official page and what they're making are at least somewhat unrelated. I'd love a new Helix figure, but I wouldn't count on seeing her or any other character created after 2000 before 2024.

That wouldnt surprise me but we have seen some of those profiles end up in the line. And we already got Kamkura who IIRC is from 2004?

If they are pushing to that number it cant be another 20 repaints... well it can but shouldnt be.

Maybe they plan on having more maurauder repaints or night force?

Some of those items are mulri packs (Viper 3 pack, Blue Ninja 2 Pack, does Timber count as a figure—-he is fully articulated) so those could be getting counted as multiple figures.  And what about the paint variants like the Pulse exclusive light blue Regal Cobra Commander and the wave 1 repaints of Duke, Scarlett and Roadblock.  

6 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Some of those items are mulri packs (Viper 3 pack, Blue Ninja 2 Pack, does Timber count as a figure—-he is fully articulated) so those could be getting counted as multiple figures.  And what about the paint variants like the Pulse exclusive light blue Regal Cobra Commander and the wave 1 repaints of Duke, Scarlett and Roadblock.  

That is interesting; are they counting it by figure/pack-in or by Number? Fiona is named on Croc Masters box does she count? Or the bikes?

We will have to see how this all shakes out but it promises to be fun and expensive as all hell