Stranger Things X TMNT Figures Coming From Playmates Toys

JayC

Today on the Target website there is a teaser for what is listed as Stranger Things x TMNT collabs from Playmates which will be going up for pre-order on Friday July 8 at 9am ET. There are no images at this time available. It's not clear if these will be two packs featuring the TMNT Turtles and Stranger things characters like we have seen recently from Playmated for Cobra Kai and Street Fighter or some kind of Mash-Up figures featuring the Turtles to look like Stranger Things characters. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

Stranger-Things-TMNT.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm sure these will just be more of the same Turtles they keep on re-releasing over and over again, pumping em out in massive amounts, but I'm also interested in seeing what tricks they have up their sleeve for this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Its curious. I noticed they removed the TMNT part on their website. Now it just says Stranger Things collabs from Playmates.

Guess we will find out soon what this is.

Going up for pre-order later today at 9am ET on the Target website will be new TMNT and Stranger Things 6" 2-Packs from Playmates Toys. The two sets include Eleven and Leo along with Hopper and Raph. I assume there will be a second wave released at some point with the remaining two Turtles and two additional Stranger Things characters. The Turtles both have red masks which would suggest they are comic based.

TMNT-Stranger-Things-Preview.jpg

• Thanks 1

I don't really get this collaboration it feels strange, no pun intended...

But the figures all look good. Already placed my pre-order.

I just don't like that there's no release date.

Well...taking a closer look. The Turtles at least look ok. I'm gonna grab these so I can have a comic representation of the Turtles on the shelf. A stand in until NECA gives us new comic versions. 

Available for pre-order now on the Target website are the new TMNT and Stranger Things 6" 2-Packs from Playmates Toys. The two sets include Eleven and Leo along with Hopper and Raph. Each set costs $39.99. I assume there will be a second wave released at some point with the remaining two Turtles and two additional Stranger Things characters. The Turtles both have red masks which would suggest they are comic based.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-01.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-02.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-03.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-04.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-05.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-06.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-07.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-08.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-09.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-10.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-11.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-12.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-13.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-14.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-15.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-16.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-17.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-18.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-19.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-20.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-21.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-22.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-23.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-24.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-25.jpg

Stranger-Things-TMNT-26.jpg

I didn't expect to see Playmates to give us all new TMNT figures, in a way shocking to see this is not a repaint, these don't look as detailed as Neca ones but I do dig them, they are pretty solid sculpts for first appearance tmnt, the only issue is I don't need Stranger things figures but I'm sure Playmates gonna re-release these numerous times in next few years. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gold1983 said:

Trying to decide if I will just get the turtles by themselves aftermarket or what, but these look good. Mask looks kind of orange though, not exactly red, but might just be the pictures.

i feel like that's alot of people, either wanting one or the other, would be better if they could release them separately. i actually feel like the 2 packs are hurting them, i think these figures would sell fine or better on their own