New Trailer For Black Adam; First Official Poster

Outsiders

Dwayne Johnson shared the first official poster for the DC comic character, Black Adam, in doing so for the trailer premiere tomorrow, June 8th.

Black Adam is based on the DC Comics character of the same name and will see the ancient character go up against the Justice Society of America.

The cast includes Dwayne Johnson as the title role, Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate, Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher, Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone with Sarah Shahi and Marwan Kenzari rounding out the cast.

black_adam_ver6_xlg.jpg

• Like 1

I always grin when the Rock always says the hierarchy of power will change because supermans weakness is magic. Magic isn't kyptonite. I can see if Adam can turn superman into a micro bunny but Black Adam's magical strength, speed etc isn't a match for Superman. Superman has defeated Doomsday and Darkseid in the comics. Something Black Adam could never do. PLUS....its Superman..a DC flagship character lol silly for the Rock to market the Black Adam brand/title to come even remotely close to ever beating Superman on screen.  Some would be ok with it but the Majority of people wouldn't be fans of Superman taking a back seat to Adam.

From New Line Cinema, Dwayne Johnson stars in the action adventure “Black Adam.” The first-ever feature film to explore the story of the DC Super Hero comes to the big screen under the direction of Jaume Collet-Serra (“Jungle Cruise”).

Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the ancient gods—and imprisoned just as quickly—Black Adam (Johnson) is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.

Johnson stars alongside Aldis Hodge (“City on a Hill,” “One Night in Miami”) as Hawkman, Noah Centineo (“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”) as Atom Smasher, Sarah Shahi (“Sex/Life,” “Rush Hour 3”) as Adrianna, Marwan Kenzari (“Murder on the Orient Express,” “The Mummy”) as Ishmael, Quintessa Swindell (“Voyagers,” “Trinkets”) as Cyclone, Bodhi Sabongui (“A Million Little Things”) as Amon, and Pierce Brosnan (the “Mamma Mia!” and James Bond franchises) as Dr. Fate.

Collet-Serra directed from a screenplay by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, screen story by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, based on characters from DC. Black Adam was created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck. The film’s producers were Beau Flynn, Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia and Dany Garcia, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Chris Pan, Eric McLeod, Geoff Johns and Scott Sheldon

“Black Adam” smashes into theaters and IMAX internationally beginning 19 October 2022 and in North America on October 21, 2022. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

I always grin when the Rock always says the hierarchy of power will change because supermans weakness is magic. Magic isn't kyptonite. I can see if Adam can turn superman into a micro bunny but Black Adam's magical strength, speed etc isn't a match for Superman. Superman has defeated Doomsday and Darkseid in the comics. Something Black Adam could never do. PLUS....its Superman..a DC flagship character lol silly for the Rock to market the Black Adam brand/title to come even remotely close to ever beating Superman on screen.  Some would be ok with it but the Majority of people wouldn't be fans of Superman taking a back seat to Adam.

The edge Black Adam has...is that Superman will almost always hold back.  This is not to take away from his power level....but he embraces the man more than he does the "super."  Black Adam has no such compulsion. BA would never (in the comics) be put against Darksied or Doomsday because comics are built on villains taking a l and coming back.  People don't come back after tussling with Black Adam because he is more intent on making sure they don't ever come back again.  One on one fight....IF Black Adam was allowed to really cut loose...there aren't many people in the DCU who could take him. I argue even Superman (who'd give him a great fight) would fall...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

I argue even Superman (who'd give him a great fight) would fall...

Yeah.....I can see your point...The Magic thing..

However......

In a all out war and no hold backs.....

"SUPERMAN"!!! Hands down.....

He is Superman, you know ;^)

Can't wait for the BA Flick...