Hasbro Announces G.I. Joe Instagram Live-Stream For Later Today (06/01)

JayC

Hasbro in the middle of the night announced a surprise live-stream on their Instagram with the G.I.Joe brand team to kick off what they are calling YoJoe June later today at noon ET. They mention the event will contain some news along with a unboxing from their archives meaning opening up an older toy.

I wouldn't expect a ton of new reveals during this but perhaps they will give details on something like the mysterious Classified Doctor Mindbender figure that images showed up for online weeks ago which I suspect will be this years Summer Con GIJoe Classified exclusive or a store exclusive.

This likely won't be the only GIJoe live-event for June and whatever is revealed today we will be sure to have coverage of right here on TNI for you, so stay-tuned.

GIJoe-Instagram-Live-June.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hasbro today held a live event with the G.I. Joe Brand team to kick off the month of Yo-Joe June. Next week they will be doing a full live-stream on YouTube. And they will be doing a touch-point every week, likely on Wed's. They will be revealing their product list for 2023 over the course of June. Basically doing pipeline reveals where there are no images.

Today they told us Classified Shipwreck and Rock N' Roll for sometime in 2023. No word on the Classified Dr. Mindbender that has leaked out two different time, most recently in the last 24hrs via Best Buy who had a listing for it and then pulled it. The figure images initially leaked out weeks ago via an overseas retailer.

Its not clear whether this will be some kind of store exclusive or fan-channel one or even a summer con version.

00.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was waiting for the eventual Shipwreck, can't wait to see images of the figure. It looks like Mindbender could be an exclusive of some sort, hopefully fan channel so I won't have an issue getting it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

It looks like Mindbender could be an exclusive of some sort, hopefully fan channel so I won't have an issue getting it. 

A placeholder page for Dr. Mindbender went up last night on Best Buy's website and taken down shortly after its discovery. That may point away from the doctor being a fan channel exclusive, but it seems clear the page was put up in error. Whether that error was that it was premature or that Best Buy might not carry the figure at all is much less clear at the moment. Since there was no info during the Instagram stream today, where and when that figure will be sold may very well be revealed next week when they go back to their more traditional Youtube live stream format.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kamakura and Blue Ninjas Amazon Exclusives announced!

G.I. Joe Classified Series Blue Ninjas Action Figure 2 Pack

Exclusive to Amazon with limited quantities available on HasbroPulse.com (sold out).

Limit of 2 per customer

G.I. Joe is a highly skilled, on-demand, special operations force of men and women from around the globe. These extraordinarily talented heroes are selected for their elite abilities and tasked with defending the world from Cobra, a ruthless criminal organization bent on total domination. With unwavering courage and steely determination, the brave members of G.I. Joe are prepared to seek out Cobra in any environment on the planet. From hostile jungles to ice-clad arctic peaks…wherever there’s trouble, G.I. Joe is there.

These Blue Ninjas figures come ready for action, with multiple points of articulation for high poseability and 16 character-inspired accessories including an arsenal of ninja weapons and alternate heads wearing Oni and Kitsune masks; plus a footlocker to stow all their gear! And with custom artwork by Billy Christian, the G.I. Joe Classified Series Blue Ninjas 2 Pack will make a mark on shelves.

Includes: 2 figures and 16 accessories.

YO JOE! G.I. JOE EXPLODES INTO A LARGER-THAN-LIFE ERA WITH 6-INCH-SCALE FIGURES: The G.I. Joe Classified Series evolves the characters fans know and love into a highly articulated 6-inch scale with premium deco and detailing
CLASSIC BLUE NINJAS-INSPIRED DESIGN: Features a classic design updated to bring the Cobra ninja mercenaries into the modern era and 16 accessories inspired by the characters’ rich history
COLLECTIBLE PACKAGING WITH CUSTOM ART: Joining some of the best artists in comics and graphic design inour artist partnership program, Billy Christian adds a unique style to the Blue Ninjas 2 Pack
HIGHLY POSEABLE WITH PREMIUM DETAILING: G.I. Joe Classified Series Blue Ninjas figures feature premium detailing and articulation for poseability (some poses may require additional support)
EXPAND YOUR ROSTER: Look for other 6-inch-scale G.I. Joe Classified Series figures and build your roster of heroes and villains (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

G.I. Joe Classified Series Kamakura Figure

Exclusive to Amazon with limited quantities available on HasbroPulse.com (sold out).

G.I. Joe is a highly skilled, on-demand, special operations force of men and women from around the globe. These extraordinarily talented heroes are selected for their elite abilities and tasked with defending the world from Cobra, a ruthless criminal organization bent on total domination. With unwavering courage and steely determination, the brave members of G.I. Joe are prepared to seek out Cobra in any environment on the planet. From hostile jungles to ice-clad arctic peaks…wherever there’s trouble, G.I. Joe is there.

This Kamakura figure comes ready for action, with multiple points of articulation for high poseability and 11 character-inspired accessories including cloaked and uncloaked heads, 2 katana, 2 daggers, ninja spear and additional weapon accessories; plus a footlocker to stow all his gear! And with custom artwork by Ivan Shavrin, the G.I. Joe Classified Series Kamakura package will make a mark on shelves.

Includes: figure and 11 accessories.

YO JOE! G.I. JOE EXPLODES INTO A LARGER-THAN-LIFE ERA WITH 6-INCH-SCALE FIGURES: The G.I. Joe Classified Series evolves the characters fans know and love into a highly articulated 6-inch scale with premium deco and detailing
CLASSIC KAMAKURA-INSPIRED DESIGN: Features a classic design updated to bring the Arashikage ninja apprentice of Snake Eyes into the modern era and 11 accessories inspired by the character’s rich history
COLLECTIBLE PACKAGING WITH CUSTOM ART: Joining some of the best artists in comics and graphic design in our artist partnership program, Ivan Shavrin adds a unique style to the Kamakura pack
HIGHLY POSEABLE WITH PREMIUM DETAILING: G.I. Joe Classified Series Kamakura figure features premium detailing and articulation for poseability (some poses may require additional support)
EXPAND YOUR ROSTER: Look for other 6-inch-scale G.I. Joe Classified Series figures and build your roster of heroes and villains (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

image10.jpg

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

image15.jpg

image16.jpg

image17.jpg

image18.jpg

image19.jpg

image21.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

• Thanks 1

A-TEN-HUT! Hasbro held a live event with the G.I. Joe Brand team for the second time of Yo-Joe June. They will be revealing their product list for 2023 over the course of June. Basically doing pipeline reveals where there are no images but more awesome names revealed!

Classified Tunnel Rat and Snow Job have been announced, coupled with Shipwreck, Copperhead, Torpedo and Rock n Roll will be coming sometime in 2023. As Always Stay Tuned here for all info during Yo Joe June because knowing is always half the battle!

a12ad8b7e0c7998cd7c0835c5a036037.jpg

afc0a2da14ba6f4a9e7d1648abbc6d72 2.08.08 PM.jpg

• Thanks 1

No time specified as of yet, but Emily and Lenny announced that they would be live on Instagram again next Wednesday with more character name "leaks" for 2023 and two new preorders (one o-ring and one Classified)

• Thanks 1

Ok, so, DAMN, I was cutting back on looking at this site at work and lo and behold.....an announcement I could really use. THANKS!

*Hasbro Pulse proves its uselessness once again....thank goodness for this forum 'cause otherwise I'd be totally in the dark

I was disappointed to see Kamakura and the Blue Ninjas have windowless packaging. It's not a surprise, I knew it was coming - but now I'm out on those. All of the 29 Joes that I've bought so far are in the windowed packaging and I don't ever intend to open them. I think that I have nearly that many again pre-ordered that are expected to have windowed packaging, but I'm out after the switch over. This is a secondary line for me that I don't expect to ever open, so windowless just isn't a fit. Love some of the recent character reveals and I hope the line goes a long time, but just not going to be a fit for the way I collect anymore going forward. I hope those of you that open your figures continue to get great stuff though!

40 minutes ago, Reno said:

I was disappointed to see Kamakura and the Blue Ninjas have windowless packaging. It's not a surprise, I knew it was coming - but now I'm out on those. All of the 29 Joes that I've bought so far are in the windowed packaging and I don't ever intend to open them. I think that I have nearly that many again pre-ordered that are expected to have windowed packaging, but I'm out after the switch over. This is a secondary line for me that I don't expect to ever open, so windowless just isn't a fit. Love some of the recent character reveals and I hope the line goes a long time, but just not going to be a fit for the way I collect anymore going forward. I hope those of you that open your figures continue to get great stuff though!

I hear ya. I was collecting the ML Into the Spiderverse figures and keeping them in the package. I had pre-ordered the Spider-Man Noir figure, but I eventually cancelled it because of the windowless packaging and because I still don't want to have to open the others so they could all be seen together.

Hey Hasbro! If someone who works there is reading this then just know all of us mint in box collectors that don't open our figures are out on these plastic free offerings. There's no point in buying something if I can't see it without opening the item. It's going to cost you millions in lost revenue, and I'll return once you revert back to the previous packaging. Since the issue seems to be the big bulky plastic tray and not the window on the front of the box, why don't you devise a way to have the figure held in place without plastic and then keep the plastic window like always. Problem solved.

I sure as hell hope you don't plan on changing the packaging on Star Wars: The Vintage Collection. If you do then I will no longer support Hasbro with any of your lines. Gotta draw a line somewhere and not support companies that don't seem to give a good goddamn what some of their customers want.  I'll gladly support your competition and give them my thousands of dollars.

Single jointed elbows for female NINJA? I get that it's the reuse of SnakeEyes movie figure but cmon, they couldn't even pose her right with singles and she definitely won't be able to pose with the bow like she is on the box art. 

2 hours ago, IronWill72 said:

Thanks Hasbro!  Looks like I'll be paying ebay prices on Kamakura!

Does Amazon not ship to you or something? Kamakura is still very much available there (as of right now, anyway).  He's supposed to be their exclusive, and as usual Pulse only had a few.  I posted links above for both Kamakura and the Blue Ninjas above. ToyNewman also went back and added the links in his post.

• Thanks 1

Yeah nice news on Snow Job, I don't know why but that was always a figure I loved as a Kid, and he wasn't even that cool, but a Classified figure will be fun to get, not huge on Tunnel Rat, but I of course want him, as I want to get 1 representation of every individual for the most part (a few exceptions), I was a bit bummed out yet again (so far anyways) Hasbro and Amazon botched the Canadian release of their exclusives, we didn't get these figs up on pre-order in Canada, but whatever I really want Kamakura and the Ninja pack so I pre-ordered on Amazon.com, here's hoping that works out, scared of a cancellation because all of those figures all really awesome.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah nice news on Snow Job, I don't know why but that was always a figure I loved as a Kid, and he wasn't even that cool, but a Classified figure will be fun to get...

Pretty much wrote off GI Joe; lost interest due to all the nonsense. But yeah you make Iceberg, Alpine, Frostbite, Arctic /Snow Vipers, if its winter related I'm down!

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Pretty much wrote off GI Joe; lost interest due to all the nonsense. But yeah you make Iceberg, Alpine, Frostbite, Arctic /Snow Vipers, if its winter related I'm down!

Yeah same, still wish I could have gotten that Amazon Exclusive Storm Shadow what a horrid mess that was, anyways Winter Theme always gets me.

• Thanks 1