Hasbro 6" Selfie Action Figure Series?!?

JayC

I am not entirely sure what to make of this strange section that temporarily appeared on the HasbroPulse website called the Selfie Section. From the looks of it, these appeared to be figures from Hasbro's various 6" lines (Star Wars Black Series, GIJoe Classified, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, Ghostbuster Plasma Collection and Marvel Legends) where you could have a headsculpt with your own likeness put on the figures. Each one was listed with a price of $60 each.

The section was discovered under a developer link on the site which was accessible via Google. Just do a Google search for Hasbro Selfie Series for it to come up. What's not clear is whether this is something Hasbro is actually planning on doing or if they were just testing out something on the website. The actual Selfie section now appears to have been removed but they had a number of figures listed for the various brands including some that even indicated they were going to be store exclusives to Best Buy and Walgreens. Each listing had a figure body with a generic headsculpt on it. I am not even sure how Hasbro could pull such a thing off which makes me lean towards this not being an actual product they plan to release, but who knows.

If or when more details become available we will be sure to update you here.

00.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.34.55 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasnt there something like this already? In-store Kiosks where you can get made as one of those limited articulation figures? Anyway, great idea..makes for a really cool gift for kids and adult collector-types.

The idea itself of putting people's likeness on a figure isnt far fetched but making it something mass released is where I find it hard to think is possible. How would you release at regular retail figures with your likeness on it? I could see if this was something they did at say a convention but a general release just doesnt seem doable to me.

4 hours ago, TheViewingGlobe said:

As long as they do a better job with our head than they did with Morphs head. That thing looks nothing like Morph.

It was never supposed to look exactly like the show version. It has been Marvel Legendized, so it looks exactly like it's supposed to look. It's the exact same thing they do with Star Wars Black Series when they incorporate a character that only showed up in an animated show. It gets put through the Black Series filter and comes out looking like the character but slightly more realistic. I personally think Morph looks exactly like the show version with just a touch of realism thrown in.

1 hour ago, ClarkKent said:

Maybe they can release without a head and with instructions for getting one in your likeness?

LOL what your gonna go buy a 3D printer?

1 hour ago, hainrs said:

It was never supposed to look exactly like the show version. It has been Marvel Legendized, so it looks exactly like it's supposed to look. It's the exact same thing they do with Star Wars Black Series when they incorporate a character that only showed up in an animated show. It gets put through the Black Series filter and comes out looking like the character but slightly more realistic. I personally think Morph looks exactly like the show version with just a touch of realism thrown in.

It looks nothing like morph, nothing... And they are comic book characters, they should like the comic book art. That's why Mafex is killing it. The only reason people were shelling out for legends is because they are cheap and you can build a team. But Morph wasn't even in the comics so they only have one reference. You are also wrong about black series, they are meant to represent the movie characters. the reason they have the "Hasbro Effect" isn't on purpose but because it's incredibly difficult to accurately scale down a real person. It' hard enough for people to make a 1:1 replica. Morph should have looked like this. The main head offers zero defining traits of the character.

Morph_(Earth-92131)_from_X-Men_The_Animated_Series_Season_4_3_0001.webp

Let's keep this thread on topic, please. If you guys want to have a back-and-forth about the sculpting on the upcoming Marvel Legends Morph figure, feel free to head over to the forums on Marvelousnews.com.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

While these had leaked out a month or so ago, Hasbro today has officially announced their 6" Selfie series of figures.

We’re excited to announce our new personalization platform, Hasbro Selfie Series allowing YOU to digitally reimagine yourself as a collector-grade 6-inch action figure in your likeness, donning fan favorite character costume designs from G.I. JOE, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, and Marvel, as well as designs inspired by Star Wars heroes.

This one-of-a-kind experience will be launching in Fall 2022 exclusively on the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (for fans aged 16 and older, in the US only). Fans attending San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-24) will have the opportunity to preview Hasbro Selfie Series figures at the Hasbro Booth, #3213. For additional updates on the Hasbro Selfie Series project and its launch visit

The figures will cost likely cost $60 each. Here is the official press release:

Formlabs, the leading 3D printing company, and Hasbro, Inc., today announced they partnered to bring the toymaker’s latest innovation, Hasbro Selfie Series, to market this fall. A revolutionary new personalization platform, the Hasbro Selfie Series project uses the power of Formlabs 3D printers to enable fans to create a collector-grade, six-inch action figure in their likeness. The process is simple – fans download the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (16+) available on Android and iOS, log into their Hasbro Selfie Series account, scan their face, customize their character and hairstyle, then sit back and wait for their custom action figure to arrive at their doorstep. The Hasbro Selfie Series line will debut with fan-favorite characters from G.I. JOE, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, and more. (Only available to customers in the U.S.)

The two companies began working together in 2014 when Hasbro started using Formlabs 3D printers to rapidly prototype action figures. Now, the partnership has evolved from prototyping to end-product manufacturing, enabling fans to create personalized action figures based on classic to current characters seen across popular films, television series and comics. To bring the Hasbro Selfie Series idea from concept to reality, Hasbro utilized more than 30 Form 3 printers, a new resin developed by Formlabs’ material scientists, and a custom designed digital workflow. Formlabs also tailored its PreForm and Dashboard software specifically for Hasbro to further integrate Formlabs’ API into Hasbro’s other manufacturing functions.

Formlabs’ digital fabrication platforms enable any company to develop a scalable manufacturing workflow that enables mass customization. Through its high-performance printers, materials, and software, Formlabs is enabling the era of mass production and mass customization.

“Our work with Hasbro continues to evolve to be at the forefront of innovation,” said Max Lobovsky, CEO and co-founder of Formlabs. “3D printing has long been viewed as a prototyping tool, but the Hasbro Selfie Series personalization platform demonstrates that Formlabs enables end-product manufacturing at scale. I love making and personalizing things I use and am excited to see how fans react to this new 3D printing-powered experience.”

Patrick Marr, Sr Director Model Development at Hasbro, added: “The modern consumer demands a personalized approach to products that can be ordered from anywhere and quickly delivered. The scalability of Formlabs 3D printers has made them our ‘go-to’ partner for many product development projects within Hasbro. Thanks to Formlabs, we can take a customized, user-centric approach to product development, deepening the customer connection and strengthening brand loyalty.”

Fans attending San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-24) will have the opportunity to preview the Hasbro Selfie Series at Booth #3213, with a select number of fans each day being among the first to create and purchase their figures, shipping Fall 2022.

Creating a Hasbro Selfie Series figure will be through the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (US only). For updates on the Hasbro Selfie Series project and its launch, visit www.hasbropulse.com/selfieseries. Click here for media assets and here for video.

Selfie-Series1.jpg

SelfieSeries-2.jpg

SelfieSeries-3.jpg

SelfieSeries-4.jpg

SelfieSeries-5.jpg

• Thanks 1

I agree they aren't quite the right character selections.  Granted, I want my mug on a silver surfer body so I'm an odd duck.  But the generic trooper idea definitely has merit.  That said.  Me and the wife as snake and Scarlett is gonna happen.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

I agree they aren't quite the right character selections.  Granted, I want my mug on a silver surfer body so I'm an odd duck.  But the generic trooper idea definitely has merit.  That said.  Me and the wife as snake and Scarlett is gonna happen.

Yeah, I was thinking in that idea too man...😁✌️

12 hours ago, Faceless said:

Cool idea, but Hasbro clearly doesn't understand the fans if they think we want our face on Snake Eyes. Give us our face on a Cobra soldier or a Joe greenshirt. That would make 100x more sense.

I suppose you could transfer the head onto any Hasbro body