Prey - Official Teaser Trailer

Outsiders

Check out the first official teaser trailer for "Prey," the newest entry in the "Predator" franchise.

Set in the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, “Prey” is the story of a young woman, Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior. She has been raised in the shadow of some of the most legendary hunters who roam the Great Plains, so when danger threatens her camp, she sets out to protect her people. The prey she stalks, and ultimately confronts, turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator with a technically advanced arsenal, resulting in a vicious and terrifying showdown between the two adversaries.

Prey stars Amber Midthunder (“The Ice Road,” “Roswell, New Mexico”), Dakota Beavers, Stormee Kipp (“Sooyii”), Michelle Thrush (“The Journey Home”) and  Julian Black Antelope (“Tribal”)

Prey is directed by Dan Trachtenberg, written by Patrick Aison (“Jack Ryan,” “Treadstone”), and produced by John Davis (“Jungle Cruise,” “The Predator”) and Jhane Myers (“Monsters of God”), with Lawrence Gordon (“Watchmen”), Marty Ewing (“It: Chapter Two”), James E. Thomas, John C. Thomas and Marc Toberoff (“Fantasy Island”) serving as executive producers.

Release: August 5th, 2022 (Hulu)

Prey.jpg

Prey_Logo.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I get that the producers feel the need to use that iconic triple laser sight....but by using it in this setting, they're saying Predator technology remained the same for over 300 years. 

And does a predator need to blow up an aborigine using just a bow and an arrow? XD

52 minutes ago, Raziel_Crow said:

And does a predator need to blow up an aborigine using just a bow and an arrow? XD

Native American, not Aborigine (indigenous Australians), but yeah...doesn't seem very sporting.

Trying to be not that much optimistic, but Cloverfield Lane was a pretty solid movie. Which really pushes me towards thee feel that this won't be a huge disappointment. Also, the forest and wilderness looks promising for the big hunt.

6 hours ago, Satam said:

Native American, not Aborigine (indigenous Australians), but yeah...doesn't seem very sporting.

It's a Predator... If it feels threatened then it will fight back.

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

It's a Predator... If it feels threatened then it will fight back.

The point was a group of people armed only with tomahawks and bows and arrows don't seem to pose much of a threat to a seven-foot alien armed with sophisticated hi-tech firepower, and hunting them with such just doesn't seem like something a Predator would do.
I haven't seen the last couple movies, so maybe this got changed at some point, but a Predator is a game hunter and only goes after challenging prey. In the first movie, when Arnold was only fighting it with spears and $#!+ the Predator removes its plasma weapon so they're more evenly matched.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sooo soon for this, I can't wait, I have high expectations, this seems like the back to basics predator film we need, we need the predator to be a mystery killer in the darkness, can't be seen a unknown horrifying threat, I need to see less and feel more, that last movie was an awful mess, lets fix that.

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sooo soon for this, I can't wait, I have high expectations, this seems like the back to basics predator film we need, we need the predator to be a mystery killer in the darkness, can't be seen a unknown horrifying threat, I need to see less and feel more, that last movie was an awful mess, lets fix that.

The mystery killer in the darkness angle has already been blown, but I hear what you're saying. We need to see the Predator as a deadly, unwordly threat and the last few movies basically turned it into a joke. My concern is that the only way to pit it against guys with bows and arrows, for it to see them as any kind of threat or challenge, is to come up with some contrived nonsense to diminish the Predator. Guess we'll see but I'm not expecting much.

This comes out tomorrow but I've seen a lot of reviews and they have all been positive and say that the movie is actually pretty good.  Now I've seen the images and the videos and I'm still thinking how can this girl who looks like she is 80 pounds wet is going to take out a Predator?

Well I had my misgivings about this but as it turns out, it wasn't bad at all. Now, I WON'T SPOIL IT but, I was worried about using the iconic triple laser sight. Its there, but not how I thought, which was a nice touch. The creature itself is there, but I really think it was a very young, as it appeared streamlined and lean, though muscular (damn thing still lifted a 700+lb grizzly over its head). There are some other very nice touches that still keep it Predator, but Predator maybe as they may have been 300 years ago.

We even get to see the first appearance of a nice little gem from the Danny Glover sequel!

The one flaw I saw was that the Comanches weren't near enough terrified by this thing. Dutch and his team of 20th century badasses were armed to the teeth, yet still scared out of their jungle boots against it ( as they very well had every right to be). 

A perfect prequel, no. But hands down better than that 2018 mess Shane came up with. Amber Midthunder did a damn good job.

7 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Interesting to hear your thoughts. Might give it a watch then. 

I had little to no hopes this would be anything other than a waste of time. This is one of those times where I'm glad I was wrong. It really is very well done and fits in well with the Predator series (if you only count the first two movies). 

They're calling it a "prequel", but other than taking place 300 years before the Schwarznegger movie, and a nice call back to the flintlock from the Glover film, it has very little relation to either of those. I think a story focusing on the slaughter of the Jim Hopper commando team, before the arrival of Dutch's team, would be a better example of a prequel. But really this stands on its own, its excellent work, and I think its a great flick.

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed this movie, was it perfect no, but it was a good film for what it was, the story moved well, really liked Amber Midthunder, and it had tons of awesome action scenes and kills, it did what I thought it would, it's most def a better movie then that one from a few years ago.

• 1 year later...

The chilling prequel to the critically-acclaimed Predator films, 20th Century Studios’ Prey, arrives on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD on October 3rd. A collector’s edition 4K SteelBook will also be available exclusively at Best Buy.

Nominated for six Emmys, including Outstanding Television Movie, the science-fiction film welcomes new viewers into the Predator story while entertaining long-time fans of the celebrated franchise. All formats include a full-length Comanche audio track and never-before-seen bonus content.

The epic Predator legacy continues with this action-thriller set in 1719 on the Great Plains with a band of Comanches. When Naru, a fierce and highly skilled young warrior, sets out to protect her people, the prey she stalks turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator — leading to a vicious and terrifying showdown.

Bonus Features*

Making of Prey: Step behind the scenes of Prey as the cast and crew explore the project's genesis, how they gave authenticity to the story, the intense physical training the cast endured, and the effects work that brought the iconic Predator back to the screen.

Prey FYC Panel With Cast & Crew: Go deeper into Prey with a lively panel discussion featuring director Dan Trachtenberg, actor Amber Midthunder, producer Jhane Myers, director of photography Jeff Cutter, film editor Angela M. Catanzaro and creature effects designer Alec Gillis.

Alternative Opening Scene: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
Deleted Scene: Big Warrior, Little Warrior: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
Deleted Scene: Treetop Chase (pre-vis): Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
Audio Commentary: Play Movie With Audio Commentary: Dan Trachtenberg, Amber Midthunder, Jeff Cutter & Angela M. Catanzaro.

*Bonus features vary by retailer and are exclusive to the Blu-ray

Cast
Amber Midthunder as Naru
Dane DiLiegro as Predator
Harlan Blayne Kytwayhat as Itsee
Dakota Beavers as Taabe
Michelle Thrush as Aruka

Directed by
Dan Trachtenberg

Written by
Patrick Aison

Story by
Patrick Aison & Dan Trachtenberg

Based on Characters by
Jim Thomas & John Thomas

Produced by
John Davis
Jhane Myers
Marty P. Ewing

Executive Produced by
Lawrence Gordon
Ben Rosenblatt
Mary Kathryn Nagle
Tyson Breuer
James E. Thomas
John C. Thomas
Marc Toberoff

Music by
Sarah Schachner

Product Specifications
Release Date
4K UHD: October 3

Product SKUs
Physical: 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD

Feature Run Time
Approx. 100 minutes

Rating
U.S. Rated R
* Rated R for strong bloody violence

Aspect Ratio
Physical: 2.39:1

Disc Size
4K UHD: 66GB
Blu-ray: 50GB
DVD: 8.5GB

U.S. Audio
4K UHD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English 7.1.DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby

U.S. Subtitles
4K UHD: English SDH, French, Spanish
Blu-ray: English SDH, French, Spanish
DVD: English SDH, French, Spanish

Prey_01.jpg

Prey_02.jpg

Prey_03.jpg

15 minutes ago, RobertD said:

So over a year later it comes out on physical media, despite premiering on streaming?  Strange. 

Maybe some people don't have Hulu and never saw it?