Super7 Teases LJN Style Ultimates 7" Mumm-Ra

JayC

I'm absolutely in for Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. But it's a little odd that they didnt make glowing eyes alternate heads for both of them. Since both of those LJN  figures had the light up eyes gimmick.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

I'm absolutely in for Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. But it's a little odd that they didnt make glowing eyes alternate heads for both of them. Since both of those LJN  figures had the light up eyes gimmick.

That sounds like an exclusive to me... 💡

58 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That sounds like an exclusive to me... 💡

27 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

Honestly a glowing eyes head pack would be a great exclusive!

Nah, that should be standard issue for these 2 specifically. They're already going to have a lot less accessories than the previous releases. No wired cape, ma-mutt or sword of Plundarr for this version of Mumm-Ra for example. Ifits going to be a LJN toy homage might as well go all the way.

Glowing eyes head pack at some point would be very cool tho. It's kinda odd they only made them for panthro and cheetara as kind of an apology to their customers. And I guess Lynx O gets glowing...ears?? Lol

28 minutes ago, Thundercatsforever said:

Straight GARBAGE!!! I will be passing on this whole wave!! Unbelievable!!! Soooo many characters that could’ve been made. Who do they have on the panel to choose what characters are to be made Ronald McDonald, Barney the purple dinosaur, WTF!!!!

Dam, so much negative passion. Having seen their recent interviews, they're very aware that not everyone is going to dig this wave and will end up skipping it altogether. If anything this wave sounds like it's a way for them to take a bit of a breather financially...getting product out with minimal tooling and costs. You may not like the toy looks but there are plenty of people who do.

But anyway, they already said they're going back to animation looks for wave 7. Sounds like ghost Jaga might be in that wave...or maybe as a one-off at the end of the year, that they're supposed to be doing.

• Thanks 1

Yes

im very passionate about Thundercats ultimates line. I love these figures and they represent what we saw on television when we were kids!! That’s why Thundercats fans jumped on board when Mattel started making the Thundercats classics figures and then we were let down when Mattel dropped the ball. But thankfully super7 picked the ball up and started the line again. I’m sure I’m speaking g for all Thundercats enthusiasts we would like to see Thundercats ultimates line end up like He-man classics where we got to see a lot of obscure characters, creatures, ships snd accessories made!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thundercatsforever said:

Yes

im very passionate about Thundercats ultimates line. I love these figures and they represent what we saw on television when we were kids!! That’s why Thundercats fans jumped on board when Mattel started making the Thundercats classics figures and then we were let down when Mattel dropped the ball. But thankfully super7 picked the ball up and started the line again. I’m sure I’m speaking g for all Thundercats enthusiasts we would like to see Thundercats ultimates line end up like He-man classics where we got to see a lot of obscure characters, creatures, ships snd accessories made!! 

I'm actually super fan of the cartoon look and those are the ones I'm collecting...😃✌️

I’m sure they’re are people who like the restroom look but the retro look doesn’t resemble what was on tv/cartoon the ultimates figures they have made represent what was on the cartoon more accurately. I’m not a fan of the retro at all but hey different strokes for different folks that’s what makes the world go round. I sold my thundercats vintage collection because the ultimates is where it’s at for me do when they made this retro wave I was very disappointed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super7 ThunderCats Ultimates Wave 6 figures which feature repaints of Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, Monkian and Cheetara. in LJN styled figures re available for pre-order on their store Super7.com. Available now at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Lion-o: - $55.00

“ThunderCats, HO!” Lion-O, Lord of the ThunderCats, is here to roar once more to summon his fellow heroes and put fear in the hearts of his foes! This 7” scale highly articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Lion-O is inspired by the vintage toy line and includes interchangeable heads & hands, a red claw shield, and the red Sword of Omens. Upgrade your childhood collection with the made-to-order Lion-O and the rest of the vintage toy inspired wave of ThunderCats ULTIMATES!

Mumm-ra: - $75.00

Being an ancient sorcerer and demon-priest must help you age well, because Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living looks every bit as mighty as you remember from days gone by! Standing almost 9” tall, this highly articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living is inspired by the vintage toy line and includes interchangeable heads & hands, a removable headdress, a dagger, and the Sword of Plun-Darr. Upgrade your childhood collection with the made-to-order Mumm-Ra and the rest of the vintage toy inspired wave of ThunderCats ULTIMATES!

Cheetara: - $55.00

Cheetara is back in full retro glory, so you better be as quick as she is if you don’t want the fastest ThunderCat to pass you by! This 7” scale highly articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Cheetara is inspired by the vintage toy line and includes interchangeable heads & hands and her staff. Upgrade your childhood collection with the made-to-order Cheetara and the rest of the vintage toy inspired wave of ThunderCats ULTIMATES!

Monkian: - $55.00

We didn’t monkey around with time travel, but you might think we did, because this Monkian is a regular chimp off the old block! This 7” scale highly articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Monkian is inspired by the vintage toy line and includes interchangeable heads & hands as well as a removable helmet and flail accessory. Upgrade your childhood collection with the made-to-order Monkian and the rest of the vintage toy inspired wave of ThunderCats ULTIMATES!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’m just pumped to have the red and purple arm bands on monkian. I Dono why but when I was little I just loved the way that look so much that in my head, I registered it that that’s how it was in the toon. FF Years later, when the dvds came out and I can finally watch them again I was like oh wow the figs weren’t toon accurate. Even when his ultimate came out I was like damn I wish this had them red and purples (I understand why they didn’t and rightfully so) … still got my old LJNS but I’m pumped over these. Do wish they did the eyes though.

• Thanks 1

I thought I would be a completist on this line but I’m on the fence on these.  I dig them and I want them but at this price point I just don’t know if it’s worth it (especially Mumm-Ra with the even higher price).  I love what Super7 is doing and I’m buying a ton of it.  I just wish the prices were lower so I could collect even more of it without straining the toy budget.  

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...