Super7 Teases LJN Style Ultimates 7" Mumm-Ra

JayC

Super7 today released a teaser image for what appears to be a LJN Style Ultimates 7" Mumm-Ra figure. You can see the original LJN version here.

It's not clear if this will be some kind of stand-alone release like they did with the Glow-In-The-Dark Mumm-Ra they did or will be part of the next wave of Ultimates. Likely this will go up for pre-order sometime next week. When we have more details we will be sure to update you.

LJN-Mumm-Ra-01.jpg

LJN-Mumm-Ra-Ultimates-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JayC said:

Super7 today released a teaser image for what appears to be a LJN Style Ultimates 7" Mumm-Ra figure. You can see the original LJN version here.

It's not clear if this will be some kind of stand-alone release like they did with the Glow-In-The-Dark Mumm-Ra they did or will be part of the next wave of Ultimates. Likely this will go up for pre-order sometime next week. When we have more details we will be sure to update you.

LJN-Mumm-Ra-01.jpg

LJN-Mumm-Ra-Ultimates-02.jpg

I thought Super 7 already released a LJN Mummm-Ra colors before...

2 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I thought Super 7 already released a LJN Mummm-Ra colors before...

They did, for their reaction line. This will be the first LJN style figure in the Ultimates line.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

They did, for their reaction line. This will be the first LJN style figure in the Ultimates line.

Oooh... I think I will just stay in the cartoon colors line and not jump into that one...💡 Right now I have almost all the Ultimate figures pre-ordered with a few exceptions...

Super7 has revealed a new wave of ThunderCats Ultimates 7" figures which feature repaints of Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, Monkian and Cheetara. These are done to look like the original LJN figures. These will be available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth around 3pm ET today.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

• Thanks 1

UPDATE: Looks like pre-orders for these have been delayed. Right now Super7 is just saying coming soon for a new pre-order date so when we learn more we will be sure to update you.

• Thanks 1

Wait the other Thundercats figures from Super7 were not painted this way? I guess I missed that, these are really great, nice to see the nod to LJN, but I feel like they should have done these figures this way off the bat, now people are going to have to double dip (or not).

• Thanks 1

I think these figures absolutely suck!!! The Thundercats ultimates that they have made look more like what was on the cartoon we all watched as kids. That’s why we are so into the ultimates line!!! I had all the original Ljn thundercats but sold them all once Mattel started making thundercats classics line and now super7 continued on with it. They could’ve made so many other figures but instead they made that trash. I have pre ordered every thundercats ultimates figure they made but I will totally skip over that wave. I’ll look forward to wave 7!!! Thanks super7 

These figures really tickle my nostalgia and I'm so there for it. The prospects of having the Ultimates and a separate LJN style co-existing is a great idea. 

• Thanks 1

I only owned Lion-O growing up so I'm kinda tempted by him. I DO think it was a genius idea of Super7 when they did it first with the turtles to circumvent NECA's license. Tapping into a different but similar nostalgia vein.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JayC said:

Super7 has revealed a new wave of ThunderCats Ultimates 7" figures which feature repaints of Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, Monkian and Cheetara. These are done to look like the original LJN figures. These will be available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth around 3pm ET today.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

I saw the video news you posted in YouTube JayC and I have to say that you didn't mention that this Thundercats figures are coming with new heads similar to the toys so is not just a straight repaint of them...💡

1 hour ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

I wonder if these will be at a lower price point with the reuse (except for heads) and less accessories? a long shot, I know.

When the preorder page was up the prices were $55 like the other ultimates and $75 for Mumm-Ra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:02 AM, MRT said:

I only owned Lion-O growing up so I'm kinda tempted by him. I DO think it was a genius idea of Super7 when they did it first with the turtles to circumvent NECA's license. Tapping into a different but similar nostalgia vein.

Super7 didn't circumvent NECA's license.  Brian had mentioned being at SDCC to reveal their new TMNT license and being surprised that NECA was announcing a new line too.  The 2 companies just happened to be interested in different styles.  

• Thanks 1

I think it is a mistake for Super7 to put these in one wave, instead of one variant per wave like with TMNT.  A bonus 5th figure per wave would be tempting to buy.  Putting 4 together makes the whole wave easier to skip, which in turn makes skipping future LJN variants far more likely.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

Super7 didn't circumvent NECA's license.  Brian had mentioned being at SDCC to reveal their new TMNT license and being surprised that NECA was announcing a new line too.  The 2 companies just happened to be interested in different styles.  

Oh did he? I didn't hear that. They seemed to have gone with the more animated look in their other licenses that didn't have such issues though (Thundercats, Silverhawks, Transformers, GI Joe)..  either way its still a smart move.

• Thanks 1

I seems a bit early to be going this direction with the line.  These type of style variants make sense when a line has been going for awhile and main characters have fallen out of circulation.  This soon doesn’t make sense.  

15 hours ago, MRT said:

Oh did he? I didn't hear that. They seemed to have gone with the more animated look in their other licenses that didn't have such issues though (Thundercats, Silverhawks, Transformers, GI Joe)..  either way its still a smart move.

True.  Maybe Super7 would have done some animated eventually, or were trying to differentiate themselves from previous NECA exclusives.  I think Brian said Super7 and NECA have an informal agreement not to infringe on what the other company is doing,

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...