Is A Third Season Of Masters Of The Universe Revelation In The Works?!?

JayC

While there has yet to be any official word from Mattel or Netflix about another season of the Kevin Smith driven Masters of the Universe: Revelation series getting a green light, indications are that a new season is in the works.

A few weeks ago during the Puerto Rico Comic Con where Kevin Smith was in attendance, it was said that he mentioned during a panel that things were looking good for a third season. The first season was broken up into two parts now dubbed as season 1 and 2.

If that wasn't enough to give you hope that another season will be happening, we also have Mark Hamill who voices the main villain Skeletor in the show making this tweet the other day suggesting as of last month he was hard at work doing just that.

While the first part of Revelation was met with mixed reviews from fans, the second part was seemingly embraced much better overall and the ending definitely left things open for more story to be told. Hopefully with both Smith and Hamill out there starting to drop hints of a new season happening, that means an official announcement will be coming soon.

• Like 1

They better make a third season! I for one actually really liked the show. Sure its different, but once you accept that it is its own thing and not a redo of the original show it is actually pretty good.

I still think of these as one season, while I wasn't blown away by the previous season, which had great animation and ok story, I do see the potential for future stories especially after they learned what works and what doesn't. 

I will watch it over and over and over just like the last two seasons. Skeletor getting the sword of power, Evil Lynn getting the power, Clamp champ and Fisto meeting their fate, it is all so awesome.

I HAVE THE CRAVIIIING!
Love the cast too

It's not the 3rd season, it's the 2nd season. Parts 1 and 2 of what has already been on Netflix was a split season one. I don't care what "they" call it, it's one thing animated at the same time and tells one specific story.

Another piece of verification is the actor playing Orko said he has recorded new lines, as well. In addition, per Smith Netflix told him this was a multi-season project. The Revelations sub-set of the Masterverse line will continue to grow and that's a great thing. It's the closest thing to MOTU Classics were going to get until Classics starts up again if and when Super7 gets the license back (Brian Flynn has said as much pubically).