Mattel Creations Masters of the Universe MADSAKI Skeletor

JayC

Mattel invited acclaimed artist Madsaki to come back for his MOTU sculpture series and put his signature style on the Ultimate Evil of Eternia — Skeletor! This limited-edition sculpture is a true statement piece featuring the vivid neon color scheme and spray-painted face that defines Madsaki’s style.

This one-of-a-kind art piece stands at 11.8 inches and was designed to demand your complete attention, both in and out of the Pop Art packaging.

Along with the Skeletor sculpture, they are also offering two art prints in the ultimate ‘80s style of Madsaki and MOTU. These two prints (based on his signature acrylic and aerosol on canvas style) feature the Masters in action with Madsaki’s signature colors and flair.

The first print is a classic action scene featuring He-Man and Man-At-Arms squaring off against Skeletor and Beast Man.

The second print shows Skeletor attacking He-Man with his special Terror Claws.

Presale for the Madsaki x MOTU Skeletor and art prints begins on 4/29 at 9 AM PT on the Mattel Creations website.

Skeletor-01.jpg

Skeletor-02.jpg

Skeletor-03.jpg

Skeletor-04.jpg

8 hours ago, JayC said:

This limited-edition sculpture is a true statement piece featuring the vivid neon color scheme and spray-painted face that defines Madsaki’s style.

Is that statement "I'm bad with money" 😛

I think they mean one of a kind paint job, not sculpture, since they are obviously using an old mold.....and I think I could come pretty close making my own despite having no real painting skills. While i'm sure it's fine for someone who has the money to burn for something like this, I can help but continue to be disheartened by the evolving state of toy collecting. Exclusives abound as usual...price hikes (particularly from Hasbro) are slowly pushing things out of casual collector range, etc. Its sad because I see myself slowly fading from the hobby that I have loved for many years.

On a lighter note, I do LOVE the shadow creature designs of the background Beastman, Merman and Evil Lynn.