Hasbro Announces They Are Brining Back Starting Lineup Sports Figures

JayC

The Basketball net Display is going to be a hit for all toy photographers, that's a guarantee, everyone's gonna be dunking once this drops, the actual Starting line up characters will probably less of a hit, The props are going to be plastic gold.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great, the guys who can't get height or weight or scale comparison right to save their lives in any other line is doing NBA figures where height and weight are main factors of what the characters look like. Looking forward to years of the 6'1" John Stockton standing eye-to-eye with the 6'6" Michael Jordan and the 6'5" Charles Barkley looking over the 7'1" Shaquille O'Neal's head.

Not like anyone else has got it right either but let's just see how bad these guys manage to screw this up. My money's on Royaly. 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, Zerzar999 said:

Looking forward to years of the 6'1" John Stockton standing eye-to-eye with the 6'6" Michael Jordan and the 6'5" Charles Barkley looking over the 7'1" Shaquille O'Neal's head.

youre aware its 2022 right? not one of those players is currently in the nba and none of them are pictured for wave one. and even if somewhere down the line we get some legends, barkley def wont be part of it, he wont sign over his likeness to anything.

i do agree tho, they should not have tried to scale these figs. the ja morant fig is barely shorter than the embiid lol. 

Hasbro today revealed three of their 6" Starting Lineup NBA figures which will go up for pre-order tomorrow (9/22) on HasbroPulse. The three figures they have revealed includes Lebron James, Luka Dončić, Trae Young, Joel Embiid, Stephen Curry, Jayson Tatum, Giannis Antetokounmpo And Ja Morant.

Starting-Lineup-01.jpg

Starting-Lineup-02.jpg

Starting-Lineup-03.jpg

Starting-Lineup-04.jpg

Starting-Lineup-05.jpg

Starting-Lineup-06.jpg

Starting-Lineup-07.jpg

Starting-Lineup-08.jpg

Starting-Lineup-09.jpg

Starting-Lineup-10.jpg

Starting-Lineup-11.jpg

Starting-Lineup-12.jpg

Starting-Lineup-13.jpg

Starting-Lineup-14.jpg

Starting-Lineup-15.jpg

Starting-Lineup-16.jpg

Starting-Lineup-17.jpg

Starting-Lineup-18.jpg

Starting-Lineup-19.jpg

Starting-Lineup-20.jpg

Starting-Lineup-21.jpg

Starting-Lineup-22.jpg

Starting-Lineup-23.jpg

Starting-Lineup-24.jpg

Starting-Lineup-25.jpg

Starting-Lineup-26.jpg

Starting-Lineup-27.jpg

Starting-Lineup-28.jpg

Starting-Lineup-29.jpg

Starting-Lineup-30.jpg

Starting-Lineup-31.jpg

Starting-Lineup-32.jpg

Starting-Lineup-33.jpg

Starting-Lineup-34.jpg

Starting-Lineup-35.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Monstrous said:

no tats? really? mattel puts tats on $10 wwe basics, how could they botch something so simple? guess we know this line will die quickly lol

Not totally surprising really, seems like WWE has had some lawsuits with tattoo artists because they've used their art in games and such (I believe I recall a Randy Orton tattoo causing some issues maybe?). And WWE figures don't put tats on of licensed designs, for example Braun Strowman's Superman tattoo. Not on one of his figures. So I assume Hasbro went the safe route of just not having any tats.

6 minutes ago, 214NoGhost said:

Not totally surprising really, seems like WWE has had some lawsuits with tattoo artists because they've used their art in games and such (I believe I recall a Randy Orton tattoo causing some issues maybe?). And WWE figures don't put tats on of licensed designs, for example Braun Strowman's Superman tattoo. Not on one of his figures. So I assume Hasbro went the safe route of just not having any tats.

no it wasnt wwe, it was randy orton himself suing 2k games. the licensed tats i kinda get, but how jazwares can do jerichos album cover art tats and mattel couldnt does make u wonder. 

i dont think its safe, its just lazy. mcfarlane had lebrons tats with no issue. and these are gonna cost double the price lol. basically theyve forgone all detailing whatsoever in favor of articulation.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro has launched the pre-orders for their first wave of NBA 6" Starting Lineup figures which cost $49.99 each and being sold on HasbroPulse and across the Fanatics network of online sites, including Fanatics.com and NBAStore.com.

STARTING LINEUP SERIES 1: Starting Lineup 6-inch action figures feature fan-favorite players, including Giannis Antetokounmpo, Stephen Curry, Luka Dončić, Joel Embiid, LeBron James, Ja Morant, Jayson Tatum and Trae Young.

PLAYER-INSPIRED DESIGN: The Starting Lineup Series 1 Jayson Tatum NBA action figure comes in his Boston Celtics Icon Edition jersey, as well as his Air Jordan XXXVI Nike shoes, complete with Taco Jay Nike logo

EXCLUSIVE PANINI BASKETBALL TRADING CARDS: Fans can collect exclusive Panini sports trading cards, available only with Starting Lineup sports action figures

STARTING LINEUP X PANINI NFTS: Each Starting Lineup 6-inch sports action figure comes with a digital NFT version of the included Starting Lineup x Panini basketball sports trading card

KENNER STARTING LINEUP: Starting Lineup figures feature premium design and detail, bringing the legacy of the original 1980s Kenner Starting Lineup figures to today’s fans and collectors

HIGHLY POSEABLE WITH PREMIUM DETAILING: Starting Lineup Series 1 basketball toys feature premium detailing and articulation, providing photoreal player likenesses and dramatic poseability

PLAYER-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: Starting Lineup Series 1 NBA toys come with 2 pairs of additional hands, a flight stand with base, and an exclusive Panini basketball trading card with protective sleeve

BUILD YOUR ROSTER: Look for other Starting Lineup sports toys and build your roster of sports heroes

STARTING LINEUP SPORTS FIGURES MAKE GREAT NBA GIFTS: Starting Lineup Series 1 sports fan action figures with exclusive Panini NBA cards make great sports fan gifts (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

00.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Ja Morant.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Jayson Tatum.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Joel Embiid.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Lebron James 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - LeBron James.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Luka Doncic.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Stephen Curry.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 1.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 2.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 3.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 4.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 5.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young 6.jpg

Hasbro Starting Lineup - Trae Young.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 1.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 2.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 3.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 4.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 5.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo 6.jpg

Hasbro Strating Lineup - Giannis Antetokounmpo.jpg

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Monstrous said:

ahahahahaha $50 per figure? im sorry but at that price tattoos are mandatory. easy pass for me. maybe if they do a nascar wave ill scoop up mtj but this wave is an easy pass for me.

HOLY SPACEBALLS yeah for $50 a pop they should have tats.

I really want to get behind this. I'm 90% onboard and if possible will get Ja Morant, but where did the beautiful hoop display go?
I'd expect it to come if you're dishing out 50 bucks. 

I want to get most of these but at 50 bucks I reasonably can't... and living in Mx it's not even likely I'll be able to get a single one.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:38 PM, Monstrous said:

youre aware its 2022 right? not one of those players is currently in the nba and none of them are pictured for wave one. and even if somewhere down the line we get some legends, barkley def wont be part of it, he wont sign over his likeness to anything.

i do agree tho, they should not have tried to scale these figs. the ja morant fig is barely shorter than the embiid lol. 

Ya, I'm an older cat. Those are the guys I remember. Of course I know Curry and LeFlop James, actually all these guys. I'm just remembering back to the glory days where players played both ends of the court and they didn't take zero resistance crash to the ground every time someone scuffed their kicks. I'm sure there will be a legends sub-line where some of these guys show up. You're probably right about the Chuckster. He's pretty greedy with his face. Guess he's just to pretty to lend it to anyone.

5 hours ago, 214NoGhost said:

HOLY SPACEBALLS yeah for $50 a pop they should have tats.

What, you want accurate shoes and tats?

13 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

Ya, I'm an older cat. Those are the guys I remember. Of course I know Curry and LeFlop James, actually all these guys. I'm just remembering back to the glory days where players played both ends of the court and they didn't take zero resistance crash to the ground every time someone scuffed their kicks. I'm sure there will be a legends sub-line where some of these guys show up. You're probably right about the Chuckster. He's pretty greedy with his face. Guess he's just to pretty to lend it to anyone.

What, you want accurate shoes and tats?

For $50 each I want them to actually play basketball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Back in my day players got in two fist fights before they made it to the other end of the court. We didn't shoot 3s because thats for the WNBA. We went for the dunk every time (The basket was 5 feet higher back then) while Dennis Rodman stabbed us in the chest while in the air. The players today wouldn't make it in the 90s." Zerzar999 should be on Inside the NBA, he'd fit in perfect. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayeJJimenez said:

This line will be terribly outdated already. What if those players get traded from those teams? Or retire? Or, heavens forbid, pass away unexpectedly? What then?

Right… tell me you’re not following the NBA without telling me you’re not following the NBA. Sure, there’s Lebron that’s been everywhere… but Curry has 4 championships already with GS, Embiid is 8 years in with the Sixers, Antentokounmpo has been with the bucks for 9 years, Young 4 with the Hawks, Doncic same but with Dallas, Morant has been with Memphis 3 seasons and has a 5 year extension, and Tatum has been 5 years with the Celtics. Sure, things could change… still all of these guys are perfect for this line right now. I’d pick most of them up if I had the cash, honestly.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JayeJJimenez said:

This line will be terribly outdated already. What if those players get traded from those teams? Or retire? Or, heavens forbid, pass away unexpectedly? What then?

Hell no, that's just a reason for them to re-release the same action figure with a different painted jersey. McFarlane made a mint of that. The fans want that guy with their team jersey on it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Derek Baker we have a in-hand look at Hasbro's first wave of 6" NBA Starting Lineup figures which are being sold as Pulse exclusives. This wave includes the following players:

-Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
-Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)
-Ja Morant (Memphis Grizzlies)
-Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers)
-Luka Dončić (Dallas Mavericks)
-Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
-Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
-LeBron James (LA Lakers)

Check out the in-hand images below. These figures have started shipping out to folks who pre-ordered them from Hasbro.

Starting-Line-Up-00.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-01.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-02.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-03.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-04.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-05.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-06.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-07.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-08.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-09.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-10.jpg

Starting-Line-Up-11.jpg