McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Batman Blackest Night Figure Teaser

JayC

Shown below is a full look at the upcoming DC Multiverse 7" Blackest Night wave that includes Blackest Night Batman, Blackest Night Superman, Deathstorm and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. The Build-A-Figure for this wave is Atrocitus. These are currently available on the Amazon website. See direct links below:

-Blackest Night Batman
-Blackest Night Superman

-Deathstorm
-Kyle Rayner Green Lantern

These will also go up for pre-order tomorrow at 9am ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

00.jpg

816+yX7OyUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Blackest-Night-01.jpg

Blackest-Night-02.jpg

Blackest-Night-03.jpg

Blackest-Night-04.jpg

Blackest-Night-05.jpg

Blackest-Night-06.jpg

Blackest-Night-07.jpg

Blackest-Night-08.jpg

Blackest-Night-09.jpg

Blackest-Night-10.jpg

Blackest-Night-11.jpg

Blackest-Night-12.jpg

Blackest-Night-13.jpg

Blackest-Night-14.jpg

Blackest-Night-15.jpg

Blackest-Night-16.jpg

Blackest-Night-17.jpg

Blackest-Night-18.jpg

Blackest-Night-19.jpg

Blackest-Night-20.jpg

Blackest-Night-21.jpg

Blackest-Night-22.jpg

Blackest-Night-23.jpg

Blackest-Night-24.jpg

Blackest-Night-25.jpg

Blackest-Night-26.jpg

Blackest-Night-27.jpg

Blackest-Night-28.jpg

Blackest-Night-29.jpg

Blackest-Night-30.jpg

Blackest-Night-31.jpg

Blackest-Night-32.jpg

I wish we could get full pics of Atrocitus. He looks beastly! I dig this overall waves selections and they overall look pretty good but I have some gripes. Ive never been a big fan of McFs proportions on his figures ever since he started adding articulation. Im also not a fan of his ball wrist joints or his ankle joints.. Also Kyle for whatever reason looks chunky. I like these overall tho. 

47 minutes ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

They all look great. You gotta hand it to McFarlane toys. They make some really great figures. I give them a lot of heat for their character selections like too many Batmans and alternate versions of characters before the regular ones, but they do a good job.

Yes, I agree. Their figures are looking better and better all the time. I've been collecting 6" scale Marvel and DC figures for just over 20 years and have at least one version of every character ever made for those lines by Toy Biz, Hasbro, Marvel Select, Mattel and DC Direct Collectibles. I was initially pi$$ed when McFarlane got the license and announced it would be a 7" scale line and I also remembered the terrible quality of their Spawn figures from their early days (late 90's / early 2000s). However as time has gone on I've bought a few of these, starting with the Dark Metal stuff (that Mattel never got a chance to do) and since then I've also been picking up quite a few other McFarlane DC Multiverse figures on clearance. My limit that I'm willing to spend on these is $13.99 per figure but I've got a whole wall full of these figures unopened that I've been able to pick up for that price or less (no multiples). It seems that there are so many of these figures on the shelves that they almost always reach clearance. It makes me wonder if McFarlane will start to pull back on volume of each figure made at some point. It got so hard trying to find Marvel Legends or Mattel DC Multiverse in stores that I went to fully buying online for those, so this is quite the difference! I still personally very strongly prefer my 6" Mattel DC figures, but I'll continue to pick up characters from McFarlane that have never been made before (like the Dark Metal evil Batmen and Frost King) and clearance product (even if they don't scale with the rest of my primary collection). McFarlane seems to have come a long way and I hope they continue to do so... but I do wish they'd stop with releasing figures with a maskless head separately and just include that with the original. What is that all about?

This is actually a pretty cool wave, everything but Kyle is looking pretty good to me, I'm loving Deathstorm and the Atrocitus BAF , I'd be tempted to try and build that but I am happy with my Signature Collection Atrocitus, so I might just grab Deathstorm from this wave.

5 hours ago, MRT said:

I don't get why Mcfarlane's soft crotch piece looks so diaper like. It really turns me off their DC figures (that and the 7" scale) Neca uses the same style crotch but its not that bad.

McF show his lack of  "crotch technology"...

It's all about.......Research.....My friend.....Research! ;^)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

McF show his lack of  "crotch technology"...

It's all about.......Research.....My friend.....Research! ;^)

Idk...after NECA's weird crotch technology escalation with Black Noir, maybe Todd should look elsewhere for inspiration. ;)

The best I have for the BAF for now. Wish McFarlane would learn with these waves that have BAFs to release images of the actual BAF along with the other figures in the wave.

00.jpg

Blackest-Night-33.jpg

Not a fan of the 7 inch format and I think McFarlane's scale issues are much worse than Marvel Legends, but I gotta admit they look great. I love that Atrocitus, but there's something wonky about Kyle's color scheme. I know it's supposed to be a little different than other Lanterns, but this is bordering on neon green. And that ain't cool.

On another good note, hey look, the boxes have these big plastic windows where you can actually see the product you're purchasing. That's a pretty good idea. Maybe some other companies should pick up on that idea. Of course none of DCM box windows will show or even contain any kind of gun or gun type accessories, even for characters who have guns, so there's that. Well whadayagonnado? Guess you just gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Shown below via Jackytoysbox are in-hand images for the new wave of DC Multiverse 7" Blackest Night figures from McFarlane Toys that includes Blackest Night Batman, Blackest Night Superman, Deathstorm and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. The build-a-figure for the wave is Atrocitus. These are available for pre-order now at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Besides images he also posted this video:

Darkess-Night-00.jpg

Darkess-Night-01.jpg

Darkess-Night-02.jpg

Darkess-Night-03.jpg

Darkess-Night-04.jpg

Darkess-Night-05.jpg

Darkess-Night-06.jpg

Darkess-Night-07.jpg

Darkess-Night-08.jpg

Darkess-Night-09.jpg

Darkess-Night-10.jpg

Darkess-Night-11.jpg

Darkess-Night-12.jpg

Darkess-Night-13.jpg

Shown below via jwmp_show are in-hand images for the new DC Multiverse Blackest Night Atrocitus Build-A-Figure from McFarlane Toys. The wave to complete this figure includes figures of Blackest Night Batman, Blackest Night Superman, Deathstorm and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. These are available at places like our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Blackest-Night-00.jpg

Blackest-Night-01.jpg

Blackest-Night-02.jpg

Blackest-Night-03.jpg

Blackest-Night-04.jpg

Blackest-Night-05.jpg

Blackest-Night-06.jpg

Blackest-Night-07.jpg

Blackest-Night-08.jpg

Blackest-Night-09.jpg

Blackest-Night-10.jpg

Blackest-Night-11.jpg