New G.I. Joe ReAction Figures From Super7

JayC

They look awesome! Glad I passed on the first Snake Eyes waiting for this one cause he looks perfect imho. Idk why Firefly's blue but I actually really dig it 👍

• Thanks 1

I’m really enjoying everything S7 is doing with the Joe license!  These look great! 

• Thanks 1

G.I. Joe ReAction Wave 3 will include NINE variations of female G.I. Joe combat engineers and Cobra Snakeling factory workers, and will be available to add to your ReAction troops mid-May! The six previously announced figures - Roadblock, Flint, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Baroness, and Firefly

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, Invisa said:

No interest in any of these 4 inch figures. Looks like something you'd find at a dollar store except they cost like $18.

I always laugh at comments like this, because from a certain perspective, it’s true, but, some people really don’t get what reaction is all about.  

Maybe it’s one of those things where you had to be there to understand. These look great, keep up the good work super 7. Zartan/Dreadkoks please. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gold1983 said:

Maybe it’s one of those things where you had to be there to understand. These look great, keep up the good work super 7. Zartan/Dreadkoks please. 

"Be there to understand" ? I grew up with 3 3/4" Joes from the beginning. Started collecting in '82. Collected the comics. Watched the cartoons every day after school. I "GET" the figures and think they are cool LOOKING, just not worth anywhere near $18. They are already peg warmers at my local Targets. Might pick some up when they get clearanced to like $5 each.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Invisa said:

"Be there to understand" ? I grew up with 3 3/4" Joes from the beginning. Started collecting in '82. Collected the comics. Watched the cartoons every day after school. I "GET" the figures and think they are cool LOOKING, just not worth anywhere near $18. They are already peg warmers at my local Targets. Might pick some up when they get clearanced to like $5 each.

Exactly. The whole point of 80s ARAH was that it was superior to the Kenner Star Wars 5POA, so to put out "retro Joes" in that format is an abomination, especially at $18. These should be $9.99 at most. 

• Like 1

Loving the line and the wave.  If I had one criticism though it would be that I wish Super7 would do only 1 troop builder set per wave.  Given that each trooper has 9 variations it’s already a lot with just 1 trooper per wave so there’s no reason to double that number.  Plus there are so many unique characters to be done that there’s no reason to rush all the troop builders.  Even if you did 1 troop builder per wave you’d still run out of those before you’d run out of waves of unique characters.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:36 AM, Faceless said:

Exactly. The whole point of 80s ARAH was that it was superior to the Kenner Star Wars 5POA, so to put out "retro Joes" in that format is an abomination, especially at $18. These should be $9.99 at most. 

I've got to chime in here as somebody else who was in from the beginning. "Abomination" is going way too far. They are filling a niche, and I'm really happy to see them make some figures that might never have been done otherwise. If there was a large enough market they could charge $9 but I'm shocked they even got these in brick and mortar stores. They have every right to charge whatever they want to make the line work for them financially. If we don't like it then we don't have to buy in. That being said, I do understand where you're coming from; G.I. Joe in particular used to be top of the game AND affordable. Adjusting for inflation I think a single figure then would be about $8-12 today. But as I said if we don't want to bite at $18 they are not doing anything wrong by charging that. And nobody has to "support" their or any line if they don't want to - it's a two way street. Personally, I am glad to see what they are doing and happy with the 3 figures I have bought so far from them.

• Thanks 1