NECA Teases Their TMNT Animated Series Party Van - Official Reveal Coming This Month?!?

JayC

It's long been known that NECA has had plans to release a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series based Party Van vehicle, and it looks like this month is the month we get the full details. Just today they posted this teaser image with the caption saying "Cruising into April like... Coming Soon". In the image background you can see the corner of the Turtle Van. In past interviews NECA had seemingly indicated they might do something like a crowdsourcing deal or a made to pre-order for this one, but hopefully all those details along with full images will be coming very soon.

TMNT-Turtle-Van-Preview.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think since Neca already did street scene display that potentially has as much plastic as Turtle Van, they can resort to simple pre orders. Now if they ever make Technodrome that will definitely require some sort of crowdfunding.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MRT said:

Sweet! Since Neca's figures cost half of Super7, hopefully this thing does too...

Most recent Neca Turtles figures that were just announced are 34.99 on preorders, so it got much closer to Super7 price point of 44.99. And you also have to consider availability factor, it's far easier to get Super7 figures from BBTS and EE than Neca from online web sites, Ebay does have them but they sell for much higher than MSRP.

Based on the classic 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series! Roaring straight out of the sewers and down the streets of New York City, it’s Donatello’s greatest invention: the Turtle Van! The Turtles will stomp the Foot flat with this mighty mobile command center, which measures approximately 14” long, 12” tall, and 8” wide. The Turtle Van features rotating roof cannons, hinged doors, rubber tires, opening shell roof, removable laser chair, Foot-tenderizing side doors, LED lights, and more! So packed with features, yet there’s still room for all four 7” scale NECA Turtles action figures (sold separately). Comes in classic collector friendly throwback packaging!

-Pre-orders will begin this Tuesday
-4/5 at 12:00pm ET through thenecastore.com

- US and International listings
-$250 with payment installments option!
- Ends 4/19 at 12:00pm ET

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

Based on the classic 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series! Roaring straight out of the sewers and down the streets of New York City, it’s Donatello’s greatest invention: the Turtle Van! The Turtles will stomp the Foot flat with this mighty mobile command center, which measures approximately 14” long, 12” tall, and 8” wide. The Turtle Van features rotating roof cannons, hinged doors, rubber tires, opening shell roof, removable laser chair, Foot-tenderizing side doors, LED lights, and more! So packed with features, yet there’s still room for all four 7” scale NECA Turtles action figures (sold separately). Comes in classic collector friendly throwback packaging!

-Pre-orders will begin this Tuesday
-4/5 at 12:00pm ET through thenecastore.com

- US and International listings
-$250 with payment installments option!
- Ends 4/19 at 12:00pm ET

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

I will buy it with no questions asked about it. Price is good.😀💡

• Like 1

Just doing some quick calculations:

NECA Turtle Van:  14"X12"X8" = 1,344 cubic inches

Super7 Party Wagon:  20.25"X13.8"X12.5" = 3,493 cubic inches

So, yes, half the price.  Also roughly half the dimensions.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Most recent Neca Turtles figures that were just announced are 34.99 on preorders, so it got much closer to Super7 price point of 44.99. And you also have to consider availability factor, it's far easier to get Super7 figures from BBTS and EE than Neca from online web sites, Ebay does have them but they sell for much higher than MSRP.

Super7 basic figures have been $54.99 for awhile now.  2 basic NECA figures are $54.99 for both.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SpiderS said:

6 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

Super7 basic figures have been $54.99 for awhile now.  2 basic NECA figures are $54.99 for both.

What he said ^^^

Anyway, happy with this and it looks awesome. Definite pick up!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

Yeah, their preorders have been at $55 since the first Ultimates Transformers. But, technically, nothing they have released yet other than Toxic Crusader v3 has been $55. Theyre that far behind that everything theyve released so far is still at the $45 price.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sybok55 said:

Just doing some quick calculations:

NECA Turtle Van:  14"X12"X8" = 1,344 cubic inches

Super7 Party Wagon:  20.25"X13.8"X12.5" = 3,493 cubic inches

So, yes, half the price.  Also roughly half the dimensions.

How about dimensions comparison with the 3rd party one?

17 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

How about dimensions comparison with the 3rd party one?

It took a while to find a site that shows the dimensions (https://ohmyprimus.com/udatts01.html - Dimensions : 46*30*29 cm), but here they are:

18.44"X11.8"X11.4" = 2,450.55 cubic inches

So somewhere in between the two

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sybok55 said:

It took a while to find a site that shows the dimensions (https://ohmyprimus.com/udatts01.html - Dimensions : 46*30*29 cm), but here they are:

18.44"X11.8"X11.4" = 2,450.55 cubic inches

So somewhere in between the two

Very interesting that the 3rd party one is in the middle of both sizes... I think is like $273... I still like the colors of the Neca one, specially the roof.😀👍

18 minutes ago, toynewman said:

I'm not great with coding but here is a video NECA uploaded to Facebook with an old school video commercial:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=295&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fnecaofficial%2Fvideos%2F670622890813808%2F&show_text=false&width=560&t=0

That is a cool commercial...😀✌️

I’ll get this and glad it’s noticeably different than the Super7 one and they decided to go with the more raised roof in the back just to be distinct.  I do think it looks a bit compressed and would look way better it it was a couple of inches longer.  Also wish there was a little bit more of a curve in the front as you get up to the windshield.  Overall I think the Super7 one looks better but this is unique enough to where I’ll get it too.  NECA certainly has a better price point on this one though in general all these prices are getting ridiculous.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MRT said:

Was the release date indicated anywhere? I can't seem to find it. Also anyone knows how much they usually charge for shipping?

That’s a really good question.  And this is actually a big problem with NECA. I have two different residences (one in Los Angeles where I work/live and a family residence in the Midwest where I’ll typically spend a couple of months around the holidays).  As a result when things are stated to ship during the months where I’m away from my primary residence (Los Angeles) I need to be able to plan for that by having items ship to where I’ll be and/or ship to someone else (mail holds don’t last that long, and mail forwarding doesn’t work when it’s only temporary since the delays created by mail forwarding means it might miss that limited window—plus the way NECA ships there stuff it doesn’t allow forwarding as an option once items have shipped).  This has been a huge pain the last 2 years with NECA.  Other similar companies you can just contact their customer service and they’ll update the address when an item is delayed.  NECA on the other hand has terrible customer service.  Everytime I’ve contacted them to update an address because the items aren’t shipping on time it hasn’t happened (they say they’ll update it but it’s not happened once).  Then weeks later when you get the shipping confirmation and see it’s still going to the old address they ignore your emails.  I literally got zero response for over a month this past January when they didn’t change the address like they said they would and thus it shipped to the wrong place where no one was going to be home for weeks.  It actually took me tracking down and cc’ing a contact at corporate to finally get a response.  So good luck to anyone who will move between now and when this is slated to ship. 

• Thanks 1