New Sectaurs Animated Series And Action Figures Coming From The Nacelle Co.

JayC

Now I know your first thought when reading this is that this must be some kind of April Fool's joke, but IT'S NOT!. According to TheToyBook, the folks behind Netflix’s The Toys That Made Us are working on a new Sectaurs animated series as well as a toy line to go along with it. The Nacelle Co. and the current Sectaurs licensor Seven Towns are working together on this.

For those not familiar with Sectaurs, it's another line from the 80s that had a short-lived animated series, comic book series from Marvel and action figures from Coleco. Back in 2017 we saw another company by the name of Zica Toys bring back Sectaurs in the form of 4" action figures.

The Nacelle Co. which recently launched it's own toy company first announced they were bringing back another 80's line with RoboForce which will see it's first wave go up for pre-order later this month.

Sectaurs is a blend of humanoids with insects and arachnids the resulted from a failed genetic experiment on a planet called Symbion. No word yet on the scale of figures Nacelle will be doing but they are expected preview these new toys later today during a panel taking place at WonderCon. The panel will take place from 6-7 p.m. PST in room North 200B. At that point we will likely get more details about new figures which of course we will update you here about when those details become available.

sectaurs-logo.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just in case anyone was curious, I didn't see the WonderCon panel but from what I was told it sounded like they just repeated the same basic info in this report. So still no word on what scale the figures will be or what they look like.

• Thanks 1

Interesting news. I'm wondering how this will play out, since these IPs brought together enough people to support at least a handful of releases in the past, but I believe the Nacelle Co. has other and mostly bigger plans which need a lot more devoted fans.

I believe 6-7 inch figures or even bigger are priority, since it's a collector friendly scale at the moment. I would still love to see more 4 inch or even microverse releases.

• Thanks 1

I had all of the original Sectaurs and have most of the ones Zica made. If these do not end up looking cartoony for some reason then I will likely jump aboard again. I have a feeling there will be bugs this time.

Got one of these for Christmas as a kid and it was over after that. I was a fan for life. I hope they do right by them with this cartoon, but somehow I have serious doubts. Classic cartoons with modern day propaganda never pans out.

• Thanks 1

Well darn I was at WonderCon but didn’t notice this on the panel schedule.  Too bad as I would have checked it out

• Thanks 1

Speaking of this did Zica ever make a wave 2 set?  I have wave 1 and I feel like I remember there being more announced but I don’t recall ever seeing them come out.  

• Thanks 1

I'm interested in the new animated series... Depending on the look of the characters in the animation, I will get involved into the new figures... I'm already dealing with a lot other toy lines like GI Joe, TMNT, MOTU, Thunder cats, Silverhawks and other smaller but expensive lines...😎

On 4/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

6'' Sectaur figures would be amazing to see, would be cool if they were a standard price point and not that artisan boutique shop prices. 

The 80s Coleco Sectaurs were 6 inches.