NECA Retiring A Number Of TMNT Animated Series Figures

JayC

NECA today announced that they will be retiring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series sets pictured below which means once the remaining stock sells out they will in theory at least be gone for good. All of these of course are Target store exclusive. I will tell you many of these have been pretty readily available at my own local Target stores, and if my stores have em yours likely will to. The only one shown that isn't exclusive to Target stores is the Turtles in Time Ultimate Baxter Stockman which you can get at our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

NECA-Vaulted.jpg

• Thanks 1

I dont understand this, isnt that how it always goes when anything goes on sale and then sells out? They dont make more of them. Its more rare they make more after the initial release or its rarely noted they mention "they arent doing any more". 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My question is how much deeper can this Animated line (and for that matter the movie line) go?  Thus far I’ve gotten all except for the rerelease sets of Turtles but I feel like we must be closing in on the end.  What’s left after the Turtle Van? I could see a Turtle Lair and maybe a Turtle Blimp or Neutrino car but figure wise I can’t think of many.  

Same with the movie line.  There are a couple of figures that I’d still be all for if they had the actor likeness rights but it doesn’t seem like there’s much meat left on those bones.  

None of this is a bad thing as the fact that I’m running out of things to want from these lines is a testament to the fact that NECA has crossed so much off my list.  

Are there things I’m not thinking of that people are really wanting or that leaves a glaring hole from this Cartoon Collection?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

My question is how much deeper can this Animated line (and for that matter the movie line) go?  Thus far I’ve gotten all except for the rerelease sets of Turtles but I feel like we must be closing in on the end.  What’s left after the Turtle Van? I could see a Turtle Lair and maybe a Turtle Blimp or Neutrino car but figure wise I can’t think of many.  

Same with the movie line.  There are a couple of figures that I’d still be all for if they had the actor likeness rights but it doesn’t seem like there’s much meat left on those bones.  

None of this is a bad thing as the fact that I’m running out of things to want from these lines is a testament to the fact that NECA has crossed so much off my list.  

Are there things I’m not thinking of that people are really wanting or that leaves a glaring hole from this Cartoon Collection?  

To answer that question, you should ask yourself, how many turtles variants showed up in all the TMNT seasons? And I'm not even mentioning other characters from the cartoon that appeared at one episode or even a few seconds.💡😎

8 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Not much left in the movie area unless people want samurai turtles and the crap that came from that movie. The cartoon line tho has a crap ton they could do for a good few more years, plus they havent got all the characters done for the games as well which they like to double dip with due to the pixel paint aesthetic. 

24 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Not much left in the movie area unless people want samurai turtles and the crap that came from that movie. The cartoon line tho has a crap ton they could do for a good few more years, plus they havent got all the characters done for the games as well which they like to double dip with due to the pixel paint aesthetic. 

Yeah there are still lots of opportunities for the video games and the comics.