McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Endless Winter Aquaman

BradDCUGeek

It's not a bad figure but proportions still remain problematic for this line. For one, his lower legs are way too skinny and thin compared to his muscular upper legs, his diaper is also pretty too long it should be much shorter, which would look way better and of course the way his eyes are positioned do nothing to make figure any better. 

spacer.png

I think this figure looks great, the two lanterns. Martian Manhunter and Aquaman are covered in my opinion, oddly enough I don't think what I consider classic Batman is covered yet, I don't like the oval yellow thing in the chest and I don't like Three Jokers Batman, Rebirth Batman is great, I wish it was New 52 without the yellow line, Superman I wish they rerelease the Infected Superman body with classic color scheme or Rebirth Superman with the right boots, which probably not gonna happen, ironically the big 3 are not really well covered if you don't want to customize the previous releases

4 hours ago, BagmanBegins said:

No the big three have been well covered.  Batman and Superman especially.  Arkham Asylum Batman is pretty much definitive Batman.  Maybe apart from the trunks for me personally but everything else is iconic costume accurate just with more real world plausible details like visible body armor, armored knuckles on the fist.  Three Jokers Batman is also pretty definitive of a universal design.  It’s essentially a meaner version of BTAS.  With elements of Affleck, and both Keaton suits mixed in.  And then there is the upcoming Hush black and grey Batman in the two pack, which is also about as iconic as it gets.  And I’m sure we will get a non teeth variant of that one as well.  The first Superman released is about as definitive and iconic as it gets.  Adds some nice plausible touches like the fabric seams on the suit.  And even though a tad bit of laziness and not being a big fan of the blue boots, Superman Rebirth is pretty definitive too.  Fanboys always complaining about DC’s offerings.  Mattel or otherwise.  McFarlane, especially for the price point, scale, and density of plastic on their figs?  No company comes close to their offerings in the mass retail adult collectors market.  Marvel Legends don’t come close to their quality.

Anthony Custom reviewed Three Jokers Batman and I agree with his review as usual, when I saw the first promo shots of the figure, I thought to myself, why did they do the head like this but after seeing the review I think it's even worse than I noticed. I agree with you that Arkham Asylum looks good, maybe I'll pick him up and will try to make the same custom Brad The DCU Geek did with Thomas Wayne headsculpt but I'm sure New 52 Batman will be released with the same mold used on Batman Rebirth and then I'll have my defintive Batman. The first Superman is a nice figure but the legs are too thin and as the line progressed Superman is kinda short, Superman Rebirth is great, but the boots is a bummer.

Maybe I wasn't clear but DC Multiverse is my favorite line, I buy multiple of these figures but I think they can improve on the Big Three,you stated the big three have been covered and you didn't mention Wonder Woman, there's no classic version of her, you can't kitbash a classic Wonder Woman using only McFarlane pieces, maybe, if you use Batgirl Beyond unmasked you would be able to get somewhere, but my point is that you can't buy any figure that's a definitive classic representation of any of the big three besides Superman Action Comics 1000 that has an inferior body sculpt than Superman Rebirth, that's just my opinion.

so cool this toy.  I buy multiple of these figures but I think they can improve on the Big Three,you stated the big three have been covered and you didn't mention Wonder Woman,Toy Fans Lover Three Jokers Batman is also pretty definitive of a universal design.  It’s essentially a meaner version of BTAS.  With elements of Affleck, and both Keaton suits mixed in.  http://www.dlstoy.com I wish it was New 52 without the yellow line, Superman I wish they rerelease the Infected Superman body with classic color scheme or Rebirth Superman with the right boots, which probably not gonna happen, ironically the big 3 are not really well covered if you don't want to customize the previous releases

On 3/29/2022 at 2:34 PM, SpiderS said:

It's not a bad figure but proportions still remain problematic for this line. For one, his lower legs are way too skinny and thin compared to his muscular upper legs, his diaper is also pretty too long it should be much shorter, which would look way better and of course the way his eyes are positioned do nothing to make figure any better. 

spacer.png

I've about decided that the 7" scale just doesn't proportion well between this and masterverse.  That said, if he had a hook hand, man I'd be in trouble

18 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

I've about decided that the 7" scale just doesn't proportion well between this and masterverse.  That said, if he had a hook hand, man I'd be in trouble

One benefit of reusing bodies is consistent scale and proportions but there's really no reason why all original sculpted figures in the same exact line shouldn't be of similar size and proportions. Not to mention how all these McFarlane figures have pseudo articulation that is there but unusable because they cannot figure out that certain figures parts should hollowed to allow articulation. Hollowing thighs on the McFarlane figures easily gives them very effective and hidden thigh swivel.