New Masters Of The Universe Masterverse Official Bad Guy Reveals

JayC

Mattel today revealed new Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures focusing on bad guys. From the second Netflix CGI He-Man And The Masters of the Universe series we have Skeletor. For She-Ra we see Hordak and Catra. Finally we have Classic versions of Beast Man who has a bear hood and Jitsu. Not sure if the last two will fall under the "New Eternia Banner or not, but that would be my guess. No word on what waves these will be released in but we have seen indications Jitsu will be in wave 6.

Masterverse-07.jpg

Masterverse-06.jpg

Masterverse-05.jpg

Masterverse-04.jpg

Masterverse-03.jpg

Masterverse-00.jpg

Masterverse-02.jpg

Masterverse-01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This was what I was waiting for, definitely in on the Hordak, Beastman, Catra and Jitsu. Don't care about that Skeletor. These Classic versions are my thing and will likely be getting most if not all upcoming figures from the Classic inspired characters. 

• Thanks 1

Jitsu's face sculpt doesn't look evil enough for some reason. Still getting him though. What I want to know is where all my 8 targets will displaying new stuff....all of them have masterverse pegwarming. I'm in for the beastman and jitsu!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Mattel today revealed new Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures focusing on bad guys. From the second Netflix CGI He-Man And The Masters of the Universe series we have Skeletor. For She-Ra we see Hordak and Catra. Finally we have Classic versions of Beast Man who has a bear hood and Jitsu. Not sure if the last two will fall under the "New Eternia Banner or not, but that would be my guess. No word on what waves these will be released in but we have seen indications Jitsu will be in wave 6.

Masterverse-07.jpg

Masterverse-06.jpg

Masterverse-05.jpg

Masterverse-04.jpg

Masterverse-03.jpg

Masterverse-00.jpg

Masterverse-02.jpg

Masterverse-01.jpg

Wow... I have to buy them ALL...😀✌️

Better proportions on most of these than the early Masterverse figures. Jitsu, Catra, and Hordak all look fine. Then we see Beast Man and Skeletor. I know Skeletor's proportions are supposed to look like crap because it's based on the new kids' cartoon, but I wonder if Beast Man's head is too small and shoulders overly large because he was designed before they course-corrected (similar to what Hasbro did with Joe Classified).

• Thanks 1

I don't know Beastman with a smaller head I'm okay with.  Feels sorta 200x.  I think I'm gonna need to see skeletor in person.  Looks a whole lot like the others of that style, which is a credit to those molds.  Catra is good but I'm content with classics.  Hordak I'm loving but... Does he feel like a young version somehow?

• Thanks 1

Hordak and Beastman look great. Getting Catra too. Not a fan of the new cartoon but I'm glad Mattel is sticking close to the art style. Hopefully if they revisit 200x, its with similar attention to detail.

• Thanks 1

They all look great! I am very pleasantly surprised that they're making a Skeletor with the new look!!! I hope this means they can make some 200x Masterverse figures now!

• Thanks 1

Today Mattel revealed several new upcoming hero based Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures. Shown is He-Man from the Netflix CGI He-Man And The Masters of the Universe series as well as a Battle Armor He-Man likely part of their New Eternia line. Also shown is a Revelations He-Ro, Sun-Man from the Sun-Man Universe and She-Ra herself which of course will fall under the She-Ra banner.

Mattel did not say in what waves any of these figures will be released in, but we have seen indications Sun-Man and Battle Armor He-Man will be in wave 6.

Masterverse-Heroes-01 1.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-02.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-03.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-04.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-05.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-06 1.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-07.jpg

Masterverse-Heroes-08.jpg

• Thanks 1

Been buying 3 of each of masterverse but I wish mattel used a different sculptor. Head sculpts seem to be his/her weakness. Battle armor heman almost looks like jitsu with different hair and she ra looks a bit buck toothed. Was hoping for clearer images of stratos as well. Lastly, really wish we got clamp champ before Sun man. So far I'm getting Teela, Jitsu and Stratos. 

1 hour ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Been buying 3 of each of masterverse but I wish mattel used a different sculptor. Head sculpts seem to be his/her weakness. Battle armor heman almost looks like jitsu with different hair and she ra looks a bit buck toothed. Was hoping for clearer images of stratos as well. Lastly, really wish we got clamp champ before Sun man. So far I'm getting Teela, Jitsu and Stratos. 

Do we know who the sculptor(s) are for these? 

3 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

Battle Armor He-Man for sure.....

She Ra too.....I'm getting that "Xena" feeling again!!!!

Sun Man is also nice.....He needs a Helmet tho..IMHO ;^)

Yeah I'm liking the she ra.  Honestly also like that take on sun man.  Not sure what is happening with BA he man though, and hero seems like an odd choice.  Particularly with pink cape.

4 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Do we know who the sculptor(s) are for these? 

Nope.  I remember reading wave 1 was all in house mattel sculptors while moss man was four horseman. Not sure who did the other waves.. Buuuut it could be just way for mattel to make fans double or triple dip on characters. Sort of like the bad revelations skeletor head...and now the great new eternia skeletor head. Personally, I don't want to double dip characters unless I really think it's worth it especially with so many great toylines out. I made revelations beastman look like the 200x version so I may skip the new eternia beastman. I'm using the origins lords of power merman parts for the revelations merman. Trying to customize so I don't play into mattels double triple dip game. Don't want to dive too deep into that rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Nope.  I remember reading wave 1 was all in house mattel sculptors while moss man was four horseman. Not sure who did the other waves.. Buuuut it could be just way for mattel to make fans double or triple dip on characters. Sort of like the bad revelations skeletor head...and now the great new eternia skeletor head. Personally, I don't want to double dip characters unless I really think it's worth it especially with so many great toylines out. I made revelations beastman look like the 200x version so I may skip the new eternia beastman. I'm using the origins lords of power merman parts for the revelations merman. Trying to customize so I don't play into mattels double triple dip game. Don't want to dive too deep into that rabbit hole. 

How did you do that to revelations Beastman?

15 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

How did you do that to revelations Beastman?

I used parts from the 200x beastman and origins beastman. You would need to shave a bit of the 200x fur chest armor at the top though since revelations has that mass of fur on the top of his back. It keeps that fur armor in place so worked out perfectly. 

I'll have to see if the new eternia beastman has parts worth it for me to double dip. I do like the darker fur of revelations and the sculpted straps on beastmans ankles. Plus, there's more fur sticking out from his legs. Its why i prefer the revelations one as the base body.  The new eternia beastman doesn't have fur sticking out so it seems like a new mold in some areas. Plus, I like the gritted teeth of revelations beastman more than the open mouth of new eternia beastman. Makes me wonder if they actually got a new sculptor. The heads of the previous waves look a tad small but were well sculpted. While the new reveals seemed like they were sculpted by someone different. In fact, I didnt like any of the headsculpts for any of the new masterverse reveals with the exception of hordak. Though my gripe with Hordak is his strange duck feet.

• Thanks 1

Also, anyone who wants THE best classic power sword for masterverse check out he-bro on YouTube. He sells a bunch of swords on ebay. It's the best size for the power sword I've ever seen in terms of length and width. Even better than the classics version in my opinion. I really want him to make an orange one for my classic masterverse faker kitbash!

• Thanks 1

Celebrate 40 years of the most powerful man in the universe with our Anniversary Edition He-Man. The figure will have 30 points of articulation and include swappable hands, iconic shield, axe and Power Sword. It will come in a unique packaging design that leans into the 40th anniversary with exploding red lava rocks, red burst streaks, blue starry sky, and redesigned “vintage” Masterverse logo.

Anniversary-He-Man-01.jpg

Anniversary-He-Man-02.jpg

Anniversary-He-Man-03.jpg

Anniversary-He-Man-04.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1