New 2022 Masters of the Universe Origins Figures Officially Revealed

JayC

These are some of the figures I've been wanting most. It's really cool that Snout Spout comes with both toy and animated heads. He, Mantenna, Leech, and Grizzlor were some of my favorites as a kid. Roton was my most wanted vehicle left. Now the only vehicle I need is Night Stalker, who is pretty much guaranteed at this point. In for all of this except I don't really need 200x Skeletor.

• Thanks 1

I’m all in and this seems like a good sign that they must have confidence in the line in order to branch out this much but I do wonder if these non-MOTU characters will perform as well.  I feel like from a consumer standpoint one of the struggles of the line is that it seems like each retail location ends up missing a couple of waves because the system has become designed in a way where a retailer that doesn’t instantly sell through on wave ends up getting skipped over on the next wave which means if your dependent on buying these all at one retail location you only ever see half the figures.  It’s a broken system where any figure that ends up hanging on the shelf for more than a week ends up getting labeled as a peg warmer (instead of being thought of as…. You know…. Inventory, which is a good thing and something a store/toy line should have and carry at all times so that a customer can just wonder in and casually but the product without it having to be “a lucky day” but instead we have this goofed up system where if those pegs aren’t immediately drained then you’ll never get the next wave and your store will get passed over).  Anyway—all this to say, I dig the figures but I suspect there will be some “peg warmers” here.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, Gold1983 said:

Because they are knock offs. And I say that as a someone that likes knock offs. Sometimes. Pass on pig man and sumo, but Teela, he-man 2x, Zoar and Randor are great. If they are doing knock offs, They should make the Remco Warlord, Hercules, Pirates of the galaxies, Even AWA/NWA retro wrestlers, Ect 

Enter the lost world of the warlord characters are dc comic properties licensed to remco and were not knock offs.  In order for Mattel to use them in origins would require they obtain the license from wb. 

7 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Dude!!!!! Do NOT tease me like that.... I love that variant.

I used to have it and didn't knew it was so popular... I sold, because I had to move from where I was leaving... Hopefully that version will comeback in Origins...😀👍🕺

• 5 weeks later...

It would appear our first look at the upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Whiplash has surfaced online via the Canadian etailer Zed Collectibles.

They only show one image and it's a close-up head shot. This figure has been rumored to be part of the 9th wave of Origins figures from Mattel along with King Randor, Mini-comic Trap Jaw and Digitino.

Mattel had released official images of Randor and Digitino last month though they did not confirm which waves they would be released in. This Canadian retailer also posted an updated head shot of Randor featuring the figure without the cape.

It's not known when this wave will be officially solicited and go up for pre-order everywhere, but hopefully it will be soon where we can get full images and details for these figures.

MOTU-Origins-Wave-9-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-9-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-9-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-9-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JangDangus said:

Is there paint missing inside Whiplash mouth?

I guess it depends on your point of view. One might prefer to see some paint added, but this is how the old figure looked:
Basic Figures Whiplash (Masters of the Universe (MOTU), The Original  Series, Evil Warriors) | Transformerland.com - Collector's Guide Toy Info

Shown below are official images for the next two waves of Masters of the Universe Origins figures coming from Mattel.

-200X He-Man
-200X Skeletor
-Mantenna
-Pighead

-Whiplash
-Digitino
-Mini Comic Trap Jaw
-King Randor

Originally reports indicated the wave with Whiplash was going to be wave 9 but now its looking more like that will be wave 10. The wave with the 200x He-Man looks likes will be the next wave released which I guess would now make it wave 9 that tentatively should be out by early summer.

00.jpg

MOTU-01.jpg

MOTU-02.jpg

MOTU-03.jpg

MOTU-04.jpg

MOTU-05.jpg

MOTU-06.jpg

MOTU-07.jpg

MOTU-08.jpg

MOTU-09.jpg

MOTU-10.jpg

MOTU-11.jpg

MOTU-12.jpg

MOTU-13.jpg

MOTU-14.jpg

MOTU-15.jpg

MOTU-16.jpg

MOTU-17.jpg

MOTU-18.jpg

MOTU-19.jpg

MOTU-20.jpg

MOTU-21.jpg

MOTU-22.jpg

MOTU-23.jpg

MOTU-24.jpg

MOTU-25.jpg

MOTU-26.jpg

MOTU-27.jpg

MOTU-28.jpg

MOTU-29.jpg

MOTU-30.jpg

MOTU-31.jpg

MOTU-32.jpg

MOTU-33.jpg

MOTU-34.jpg

• Thanks 1

We saw this back in March, but Mattel has now released official images for the next Masters of the Universe Origins vehicle to be released in the line which is Skeletor's Roton. Look for it go up for pre-order soon.

MOTU-Origins-Roton-00.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-06.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-07.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-08.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roton-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

We first saw this one last month, and now Mattel has released new images for their upcoming Masters of the Universe 40th Anniversary 7" He-Man figure which will include Power Sword, Axe, Shield and alternate hands.

I believe this figure will be going up for pre-order by early May.

He-Man-40th-00.jpg

He-Man-40th-01.jpg

He-Man-40th-02.jpg

He-Man-40th-03.jpg

He-Man-40th-04.jpg

He-Man-40th-05.jpg

He-Man-40th-06.jpg

He-Man-40th-07.jpg

He-Man-40th-08.jpg

He-Man-40th-09.jpg

He-Man-40th-10.jpg

He-Man-40th-12.jpg

He-Man-40th-13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Classics 200x He-man and Skeletor for me!

Masterverse Sun Man and Battle Armor....although She Ra and Beastman look good.  Hordak is supposed to be showing up right?  Would love Horde She Ra as well because that old MOTU Classics one is a beast

Hope the other Zodac shows up as a running change.  I liked him better (especially because he had actual feet and not those horrid bad guy claw feet lol)

Jeez!, the masterverse wave with the Viking He Man, Barbarian Skeletor and the Teela with a classic look has not arrived yet and I already have to worry about all these new figures, the 40th anniversary He Man Looks like a highly sought-after figure already and that Zodac is a pleasant surprise.

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Jeez!, the masterverse wave with the Viking He Man, Barbarian Skeletor and the Teela with a classic look has not arrived yet and I already have to worry about all these new figures, the 40th anniversary He Man Looks like a highly sought-after figure already and that Zodac is a pleasant surprise.

Actually that wave has arrived. Places like BBTS and Entertainment Earth have been shipping them out to folks.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Actually that wave has arrived. Places like BBTS and Entertainment Earth have been shipping them out to folks.

Oh, I got it but I was referring to the availability of the wave in my country and unfortunately the wave is sold out on BBTS.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

We first saw this one last month, and now Mattel has released new images for their upcoming Masters of the Universe 40th Anniversary 7" He-Man figure which will include Power Sword, Axe, Shield and alternate hands.

I believe this figure will be going up for pre-order by early May.

He-Man-40th-00.jpg

He-Man-40th-01.jpg

He-Man-40th-02.jpg

He-Man-40th-03.jpg

He-Man-40th-04.jpg

He-Man-40th-05.jpg

He-Man-40th-06.jpg

He-Man-40th-07.jpg

He-Man-40th-08.jpg

He-Man-40th-09.jpg

He-Man-40th-10.jpg

He-Man-40th-12.jpg

He-Man-40th-13.jpg

He man needs a shower. Love the new torso sculpt but they need to tone down that wash.

• Thanks 1