Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection Coming To Console Systems

JayC

Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are back from the sewers with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) titles and their Japanese versions* will be coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam. Physical retail and digital versions will be available in 2022 at SRP $39.99.

This incredible collection of thirteen original classics gives chasing down Shredder, fighting the Foot, and tangling-up with Bebop and Rocksteady a fresh look at why KONAMI’s adaptations of the heroes in a half shell set the standard in beat ‘em up, action games. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection includes:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.

The games are based on the characters and themes of the 80's children's cartoon and comic book series, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles often taking place in a fictionalized New York City, around the sewers, inside futuristic enemy bases and even across time itself! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also include loads of extras using imagery from the original cartoons, comics and other historic TMNT media content in a compiled Museum connecting the franchise across the various mediums. Additionally, never-before-seen development art, sketches and game design material will also be included.

*11 Japanese regional versions total -No Japanese versions released for TMNT (Arcade) and TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
**Titles with online functionality -TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)

The-Cowabunga-Collection-01.jpg

The-Cowabunga-Collection-02.jpg

The-Cowabunga-Collection-03.jpg

The-Cowabunga-Collection-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

About time a collection of some older classic TMNT video games have been put together in a set for physical copy.  What's really neat is that it has both actual Arcade versions of some games, and the console versions(Like Arcade Game, and Turtles In Time).  And it's really neat they included the Game Boy versions too.  Plus, I like that they suggest you can save your progress in the game.

If I ever get a current console, this would have to be 1 of the games I get.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A very nice collection with some very rare titles in there. Tournament Fighters NES version is very rare and worth tons of money for instance. What I also find neat is the fact they have all versions of tournament fighters which were all completely different games altogether despite sharing the same name. The bonus material also has my interest. This is a very nice collection. Despite this, I wont be buying it right away as I have access to all these games via emulation but will definitely pick it up when its discounted. I am very glad for others that have yet to ever play some of these gems, especially turtle fans that didnt grow up with these like I did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WebbedSpider said:

The fact that these games have online play is an instant buy. 

8 hours ago, A_Spidey_Fan said:

About time a collection of some older classic TMNT video games have been put together in a set for physical copy.  What's really neat is that it has both actual Arcade versions of some games, and the console versions(Like Arcade Game, and Turtles In Time).  And it's really neat they included the Game Boy versions too.  Plus, I like that they suggest you can save your progress in the game.

"Exactly"  ;^)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, A_Spidey_Fan said:

Agreed. The turtles in time arcade game is excellent, but the SNES version is way better. It has several more levels, includes Slash, Rat King, Shredder in a giant robot and Pirate Bebop and Rocksteady as bosses. One of the few games where the console is better. It also makes me very glad I didn't buy the $700 TMNT Arcade1Up game cabinet. I debated that based on the online play alone. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really want this, this is something for me, I own most of these games on their respective Systems already, but I would love to have everything in 1 place, to just slap that game in a go, I will likely buy this, But I'm more excited about that new game coming out.