Super7 Teases TMNT Ultimates Wave 7

JayC

Super7 today released this teaser image and after doing some checking I can tell you that it is for their 7th wave of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimates figure. The image is specifically teasing accessories for the Guerilla Gorilla figure known as Sergeant Bananas from the original Playmates toy line. Super7 says the wave will be going up for pre-order tomorrow (3/3) at which point the entire wave will be revealed. We of course will have full details when that happens.

TMNT-Ultimates-Wave-7-Teaser.jpg

• Thanks 1

Shown below is a look at Super7's seventh wave of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimates figures. shown are Guerrilla Gorilla (Sergeant Bananas), Punker Don, Triceraton, Warrior Metalhead Michelangelo and Robotic Bebop. These are available for pre-order on the Super7 website soon and other etailers like our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com around 3pm ET.

TMNT-Ultimates-Wave-7-01.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-Wave-7-02.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-Wave-7-03.jpg

TMNT-Ultimates-Wave-7-04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They look pretty fantastic, but I have no connection to most of these. I've never even heard of Guerilla Gorilla from the magazine until this morning. I'm down for the Triceraton and I might grab that Donnie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These figures look good, but honestly this is the most I've been disappointed in the line. Tricereton is Awesome and Robot Bebop and Donnie are good. I've never heard of Guerrilla Gorilla, but Sgt. Bananas was one of my faves as a kid. This figure looks nothing like that. And my budget can't afford anymore repaints, so Metalhead is out. This is probably the first wave that I won't buy all the figures. 6/10

Best tmnt sculpts ever but I quit the line due to all the loose hips. Gotta say...these sculpts however are amazing and a perfect 10. Bold move changing Sgt bananas original toy look. Looks awesome! Wonder if there will be a retro version of the Sgt! Him and triceraton are amazing!

• Thanks 1

Guerrilla Gorilla looks neat. I have no ties/connections to these or a budget but they look pretty awesome. If I had the money, I would def get gorilla.

• Thanks 1

These guys sure love making and showing off new product, but they have a helluva time actually producing and shipping it out. Love the stuff they do, but I gave up on everything Super7 after all the Thundercats delays. They just keep showing more and more product but that stuff's gotta be at least 2 years out.

Pixel Dan stated on Twitter that Super7 encountered some type of roadblock in trying to create Sgt. Bananas, hence why we're getting Guerilla Gorilla instead. He plans to ask them about it in an interview, but he's unsure if they'll be able to delve into it any further. I just hope this doesn't mean Super7 will be prevented from making other Playmates characters.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, PlasticMemories said:

Pixel Dan stated on Twitter that Super7 encountered some type of roadblock in trying to create Sgt. Bananas, hence why we're getting Guerilla Gorilla instead. He plans to ask them about it in an interview, but he's unsure if they'll be able to delve into it any further. I just hope this doesn't mean Super7 will be prevented from making other Playmates characters.

Thank you for the update. Hopefully one day we'll get a Sgt. Bananas variant. I have to admit, he and the rest of the line does look good. 

• Thanks 1

So was Warrior Metalhead Michelangelo an actual vintage figure from the Playmates line???? I have zero memory of this although admittedly as a kid I wasn’t into the variants and while I love the brand TMNT was late in my childhood thus I dipped out at a certain point.  What’s the story behind this Metalhead Michelangelo mash up? 

3 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

So was Warrior Metalhead Michelangelo an actual vintage figure from the Playmates line???? I have zero memory of this although admittedly as a kid I wasn’t into the variants and while I love the brand TMNT was late in my childhood thus I dipped out at a certain point.  What’s the story behind this Metalhead Michelangelo mash up? 

This is literally the exact question I was going to post.

So I think this is the wave where I decide not to be a completist with this line—which is fine.  Thus far I’ve ordered or preordered every figure but at $55 it’s a lot (particularly given all the many many many other lines I collect including a few other TMNT lines and several other S7 Ultimate lines).  If the figures were more in that original Ultimates price range of $35-45 I’d consider staying a completist but at $55 some of these variants just aren’t desirable enough for me to personally justify $55 for them.  The Mikey Metalhead is the one that’s really forced the decision to break from staying a completist but now that I’ve made that decision I’m thinking maybe I’ll also skip the robot Bebop and the Rockstar Donnie.  Both of those 2 figures are cool and if these figures were still in that $35 to $45 range then I would get them but $55 is just a bit much and if I’m already deciding not to be a completist there’s a little bit less motivation to go ahead and just pay the extra to have a complete set.  And in the case of Rockstar Donnie while he is cool once again I start thinking, well if you get him then you have to get the other 3 Rockstar Turtles when they make them and that means you really end up paying over $220 + tax for the Rockstar Turtles set (or more if S7 needs to raise their prices again for these between now and then). So I think if anything I’d rather just get the original vintage Rockstar turtles to round out my vintage collection and then maybe just get Rockstar Leo when he comes out as an Ultimate to represent that branch since Leo is my favorite.  

I’m still weighing it all but where my head is at now I am leaning towards  mainly just picking up the original/unique characters and also maybe all the Leo variants (since he’s my favorite) but skip all the other character variants unless there is one that truly speaks to me. And if for some reason I was to ever see Robot Bebop or Rockstar Donnie at a lower price (more in that $40 range) I probably would get them but with the Metalhead Mikey I think even at $40 he would be a pass now that I’ve decided not to get them all.  Maybe I’d do $30 for him.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

So I think this is the wave where I decide not to be a completist with this line—which is fine.  Thus far I’ve ordered or preordered every figure but at $55 it’s a lot (particularly given all the many many many other lines I collect including a few other TMNT lines and several other S7 Ultimate lines).  If the figures were more in that original Ultimates price range of $35-45 I’d consider staying a completist but at $55 some of these variants just aren’t desirable enough for me to personally justify $55 for them.  The Mikey Metalhead is the one that’s really forced the decision to break from staying a completist but now that I’ve made that decision I’m thinking maybe I’ll also skip the robot Bebop and the Rockstar Donnie.  Both of those 2 figures are cool and if these figures were still in that $35 to $45 range then I would get them but $55 is just a bit much and if I’m already deciding not to be a completist there’s a little bit less motivation to go ahead and just pay the extra to have a complete set.  And in the case of Rockstar Donnie while he is cool once again I start thinking, well if you get him then you have to get the other 3 Rockstar Turtles when they make them and that means you really end up paying over $220 + tax for the Rockstar Turtles set (or more if S7 needs to raise their prices again for these between now and then). So I think if anything I’d rather just get the original vintage Rockstar turtles to round out my vintage collection and then maybe just get Rockstar Leo when he comes out as an Ultimate to represent that branch since Leo is my favorite.  

I’m still weighing it all but where my head is at now I am leaning towards  mainly just picking up the original/unique characters and also maybe all the Leo variants (since he’s my favorite) but skip all the other character variants unless there is one that truly speaks to me. And if for some reason I was to ever see Robot Bebop or Rockstar Donnie at a lower price (more in that $40 range) I probably would get them but with the Metalhead Mikey I think even at $40 he would be a pass now that I’ve decided not to get them all.  Maybe I’d do $30 for him.  

Good summary of what I am thinking. I used to be a completionist in so many lines, but it is so expense and there is only enough space in my home office. plus I was buying too many things I wasn't excited about. The item for me for S7 TMNT was the Party Wagon. I love the look and accessories, but at $450 I couldn't do it. It's not so bad. I have my original Party Wagon signed and drawn on by Kevin Eastman. It sits next to my Ultimates figures and is so cool.

I decided to get Guerrilla Gorilla, even though he is $75 and is not a character I'm familiar with. Sgt. Bananas was one of my faves as a kid, and this looks like the closest I'll get to a high quality version.

Looks like a lot of completionists are bowing out. I'm one of them too. The prices, the size of the figures, the extremely obscure character choices early in the line. It's too much. I really hope this doesn't negatively effect the future releases. It is a bit concerning seeing how many people in the same boat. 

Thing is, if they can sell thundercats and all these other obscure toy lines, it should be a problem for TMNT to last a long time. I just need my top characters and I'll be happy. This will look like an insanely cool collection if completed. I will probably hurt to see the completed collections out there but I have to be somewhat sensible now. That gorilla is a GIANT. Oof. I never stop thinking about whether I need to complete or casually collect. 

• Like 1