Hasbro's G.I. Joe 40th Anniversary Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

Hasbro today is holding another live-stream, this time with the G.I. Joe brand team where they will be kicking off G.I. Joe's 40th Anniversary. We hope one of the reveals for among others today will be the next wave of Classified figures which should include Crimson Guard, Zarana and Dusty. A rumored Transformers x GI Joe Collaborative Hiss Tank Megatron & Baroness set is also expected to be revealed today.

After the live-stream starting at 1pm ET you can expect the G.I. Joe Classified wave with Xamot, Tomax And Stalker figures as well as the Cobra Viper 3-pack that was first shown during the last GIJoe live-stream to go up for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

We may also see those Walmart exclusive 6" Classified Retro Cardback Baroness and Lady Jaye figures go live on Walmart's website today as well.

Of course whatever is revealed today we will provide you full coverage as it happens below:

Emily, Lenny and Tony are on the panel.

They will be showing renders for new reveals. Then for the stuff going up for pre-order today we will see more finalized images.

Zarana and Dusty for Classified confirmed, see digital renders below. While Hasbro isn't confirming, as we have already reported these two along with the Crimson Guard will be in the next wave after the wave with Xamot, Tomax And Stalker. Once again The Stalker wave will be going up for pre-order today at 1pm ET.

Right now they are talking IDW comics even though reports suggest they are losing the GIJoe license at the end of the year which Hasbro has yet to comment on.

Hasbro is recreating classic comic covers with figures. Vehicles are customs.

Classified Crimson Guard now confirmed which will join Dusty and Zarana. This wave will be available everywhere and go up for pre-order at a later time.

Classified Python Patrol Trooper which Hasbro isn't saying but should be a Target exclusive.

Now talking Super7 ReAction figures wave 3. Firefly, Baroness (Black), Cobra Commander, Snake-Eye, Flint and Roadblock.

New GIJoe Card Game from Renegade Studios. Game is called Mission Critical. Has little mini-figures with it. There will be a free carded Snake-Eyes mini figure offered to those who pre-order the game in April.

Classified Tiger Force Recondo, should also be a Target exclusive. No word on when it will be available for pre-order or purchase. Same with the Python Patrol figure.

Classified Tiger Force Bazooka. Also should be a Target exclusive.

Classified Kamakura announced. Not sure how this will be released and Hasbro isn't saying right now.

Classified Dr. Mindbender revealed. No word on how or where this one will be revealed.

Showing the Stalker figure. Also Xamot, Tomax.

3 3/4" o-ring going up for pre-order today on Pulse at 1pm ET - Cobra Soldier/Officer/

Now showing the Classified Cobra Viper 3-Pack that will be an online fan-channel exclusive. This set will have some 1.5 ml blast effects. You can combine Blast Effects with these.The back back in the corner of the Viper-3pk is a prototype. The Cobra symbol is gold not pink. The Viper 3-Pack has no plastic on it. Its an online only set but they said this was a preview of their upcoming environmentally friendly packaging. The accessories will eventually be packed in weapons crates that are numbered. This set has a black box. The regular retail wont look exactly like this but gives you an idea.

The Viper 3-Pack will also be on Amazon along with the normal Fan-Channel etailers.

Now Showing the Transformers Megatron HISS Tank. Comes with an 3 3/4" o-Ring Baroness on her own cardback. It will be available at 1pm ET and not an exclusive. On the box there is a hint of a GIJoe based Transformers coming. Probably one for Prime.

For the Haslab Skytriker they showed the file card for Ace's co-pilot who is now code-named Fail-Safe.

Hasbro confirmed the Walmart exclusive 6" Classified Retro figures and all four (Baroness, Lady Jaye, Destro and Gung-Ho) will officially go up online at the end of Marvel for a Walmart Collector Con event which Emily thinks is March 24, but thats not confirmed. Some stores have already started to get these in their stockrooms which is why one store sold the Baroness early in era several weeks ago. Check out some updated images for these below.

YoJoe June will be nuts this year.

GIJoe-Live-Stream.jpg

01__scaled_800.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-01 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-01 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-01.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-02.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-03.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-04 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-04.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-05.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-07.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-08.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-09.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10 6.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-10.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-11.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-12.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-13.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-15.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-16 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-16 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-16 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-16 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-16.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-17.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-18 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-18.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-19 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-19 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-19.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-20.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 6.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21 7.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-21.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-22 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-22.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-23.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-24.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-25 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-25.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26 6.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-26.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-27.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-28 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-28 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-28.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 6.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 7.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29 8.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-29.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 5.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 6.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 7.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 8.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 9.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 10.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 11.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 12.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 13.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 14.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 15.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 16.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 17.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 19.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 20.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 21.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 22.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 23.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 25.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 27.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 28.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30 29.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-30.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-31 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-31.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-32 1.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-32 2.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-32 3.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-32 4.jpg

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-32.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Delivery: 3rd Quarter 2023

LOL. But honestly, I don't mind waiting a year at all if it means I can reliably order what I want with no hassle. I trust Hasbro to deliver & I like the pre-order window format where anyone can order as much as they want and then it goes into production. Maybe that will let them tighten up their production numbers and drop the price a smidge since it's an in-house brand for which they don't need to pay licensing fees and they know is a full sell-through (as opposed to the traditional method of development -> production -> orders they can avoid excess stock and underselling skus by doing development -> orders -> production thereby basing production on real orders since they don't have to fill store shelves especially with this line).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, interoceptive said:

LOL. But honestly, I don't mind waiting a year at all if it means I can reliably order what I want with no hassle. I trust Hasbro to deliver & I like the pre-order window format where anyone can order as much as they want and then it goes into production. Maybe that will let them tighten up their production numbers and drop the price a smidge since it's an in-house brand for which they don't need to pay licensing fees and they know is a full sell-through (as opposed to the traditional method of development -> production -> orders they can avoid excess stock and underselling skus by doing development -> orders -> production thereby basing production on real orders since they don't have to fill store shelves especially with this line).

Absolutely. I'm the same way. My only issue now is they announce a October 2022 delivery date for a product today, then a 2 weeks later it's being prepped for shipping. Blows holes in my budget planning. lol

• Thanks 1

Oh Cool, can we get some of these figures shown last time actually out though, this Classifieds seem almost like super7 these days, with pre-orders a year in advance, Can we also just actually get some Alley Vipers and BATS, like in stock, not some wacky case here and there and Phantom Stock.

• Like 1

So this is Hasbro's Toy Fair showing off new G.I. Joe stuff... I just hate pre-orders from Hasbro Pulse because they always act like they have 2 in stock and sell out as soon as it goes on sale.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I hope we see some cool stuff. I'm hoping to see some actual prototypes of last times reveals as well as a few surprises.

I think we'll see the actual prototypes for Tomax, Xamot, Sgt. Stalker and probably the Walmart Exclusive Retro Lady Jaye, Destro, and Gung Ho (and also Retro Baroness, which most collectors have already seen), which I imagine will all go up for preorder that afternoon. And we'll likely see renders for Dusty, Zarana, and Crimson Guard. We'll probably see the next wave of Tiger Force vs Python Patrol (can't predict render, proto, or production sample, but I'm guessing Tiger Force Duke and Flint and Python Patrol Elite repaint of the Crimson Guard figure), which I do not imagine will go up at Target that afternoon but at some later date TBA, because that's how Target seems to roll these days. We may even find out what the third Joe (or Cobra) and animal 2-pack is.

4 hours ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Absolutely. I'm the same way. My only issue now is they announce a October 2022 delivery date for a product today, then a 2 weeks later it's being prepped for shipping. Blows holes in my budget planning. lol

Speaking of budgeting and finances, a topic near and dear to me as a former bookkeeper. 

I record the expense at time of purchase - Not when my card is charged. And I keep the transaction in a liability account setup specifically for pre-orders. Then when the card is charged I move it from the PRE-Order line of credit to the actual card or bank account from which the funds were taken.

Doing this works for me because if I pre-order something it makes more sense to me to consider that money GONE. It may not technically be withdrawn yet but I have committed it, so I don't want it to show in my available funds.

• JayC changed the title to Hasbro's G.I. Joe 40th Anniversary Live-Stream Coverage
23 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Damn... You have to love putting in pre-orders for figures we won't be getting until May of 2023.  Nothing like waiting a whole 15 months for figures...

I bet they come out sooner.

• Thanks 1