Hasbro's G.I. Joe 40th Anniversary Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

3 minutes ago, JayC said:

I bet they come out sooner.

For Hasbro and the line, it would be for the best they do come out sooner.  If we have to wait 15 months for this release, then how long will we be waiting for the next set of figures they revealed today to be released?

Nice to see so much being shown off here, I expected like half of this, I am happy to see pretty much all of these getting a release good most of them are not seeming to be exclusives, but I am weirded out by the fact that the twins are not in a 2 pack, that's just strange to me, it's like why would anyone want cloak & dagger separate, sometimes Hasbro makes no sense.

• Like 1

Alright, sooo, i admit most of these figures i'm not sure if i'll be invested on them, Stalker 100% sure i would love to get him, if the 3 Cobra Viper pack wasn't monstrously expensive i'd go for the pack, or it was a 2 pack i'd be ok with it but that still remains to be seen for my collection.

The Python Patrol/Tiger force line, i admit there is just something interesting about the Cobra Viper moreso than the Python Patrol infantry, and well at first i wasn't sure if i'd like the new Recondo at first glance as i like his original colors more, but the more i look at it the more i dig his look, i might get this Recondo maybe, though he reminds me a lot of Wild Bill for some reason. also this is my opinion really but i'm not bothered if they make these first than their original colors since i can see room for improvement if the first release doesn't do well then the potential original colors release can do better?, not sure how to explain it better really.

As for the new "retro" line, Lady Jaye and mostly as everyone else Gung-Ho look awesome, i was gonna go for the Baroness but i actually got my hands on the Target exclusive that i'm happy with that one really lol, and lastly the 5 new figures, that Crimson guard catches my eye moreso than anyone else.

Edit: ah yes, reaction figures, Firefly, Roadblock and Snake-Eyes look awesome

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Crimson Guard

GIJoe-40th-Ann-Live-Stream-05.jpg

Not the biggest GI Joe fan....got very interested but then there was all that foolishness with the exclusives not being able to be found. Seem to be on track now, finally. But NOW....THIS is the one figure I'm really interested in. Crimson Guard!! And its not a straight re-paint of Cobra Commander. Hope it looks as good as the rendition! 

It should be emphasized that the Cobra Viper 3-pack is the first release that will be plastic free, which Hasbro announced they were going to be doing with all their figures two years ago. There was no clarification from the stream. But it sounds like all future Classified figures will be windowless, have random character art as the main image on the front, and will have photo's of the actual figures on the back of the packaging.

Personally, as an MOC collector, I don't like this change. Especially when the art they create is hit or miss and that's the main image you have to look at, especially when you can't see the figure to know if it's mint or not, and ESPECIALLY when s***head collectors buy these figures, swap out parts, then return them to the stores, and you now have no idea what you're buying =/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DiscoCougar said:

It should be emphasized that the Cobra Viper 3-pack is the first release that will be plastic free, which Hasbro announced they were going to be doing with all their figures two years ago. There was no clarification from the stream. But it sounds like all future Classified figures will be windowless, have random character art as the main image on the front, and will have photo's of the actual figures on the back of the packaging.

Personally, as an MOC collector, I don't like this change. Especially when the art they create is hit or miss and that's the main image you have to look at, especially when you can't see the figure to know if it's mint or not, and ESPECIALLY when s***head collectors buy these figures, swap out parts, then return them to the stores, and you now have no idea what you're buying =/

Some of the Star Wars things I got already are free of this extra packaging bits. However the figures still have their own cards.

Yet with figures I absolutely understand having a window to see the figure. This is especially necessary with brick n mortar items. It seems like though they are only thinking of online sales where you can't get to check out the item you buy. My friend has been ordering 3 - 4 items just to get one in mint condition then returning the extras to the stores. Some of these come badly mangled!

• Thanks 1

Really disappointed with the o-ring figures.  In the 1980's they were $3 each. Factoring in inflation, they should be $7.50, but I'd pay $10-$11 each but I'm not paying $21 each.  As much I don't like the six inch scale, I'll just stick with the Classified figures.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the live stream yesterday and the fact that they are adding crimson guards and Zarana to the classified series is great. I was able to pre order everything except the o ring set I personally don’t like the way they look and was hoping for 4” figures with more articulation but other than that excited for the line up 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

A big thanks to Carlos GB for providing these in-hand images of the new G.I. Joe Classified Series 6" Vipers and Officer Troop Builder Pack from Hasbro. He was able to get this as a local store in Spain. This set has yet to see release here in the US but you can still pre-order it at places like our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Viper-3-Pack-01.jpg

Viper-3-Pack-02.jpg

Viper-3-Pack-03.jpg

Viper-3-Pack-04.jpg

Viper-3-Pack-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Steve Vinandy we have some in-hand images for the new G.I. Joe Classified Tomax figure which has already started showing up in Europe. Steve lets us know he is expecting Tomax's brother Xamot to show up sometime next week, so we will hopefully have some in-hand images soon of that one as well. While neither figure has yet to see release here in the US, you can still pre-order them at places like our sponsor Entertainment Earth. If you use the code SUNFREE22 when you spend more than $39 there you will get FREE SHIPPING on your order.

Tomax-00.jpg

Tomax-01.jpg

Tomax-02.jpg

Tomax-04.jpg

Tomax-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Shown below via Geek Culture is a in-hand look at the new Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness crossover figure set from Hasbro. They take us through the unboxing with a look at the fancy packaging as well as the contents. We also get a look at the interaction between the Tank, Megatron and the Barroness in the video that follows. You can also check out images below. This set is available for pre-order from our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-00.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-01.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-02.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-03.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-04.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-05.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-06.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-07.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-08.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-09.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-10.jpg

Transformers x G.I.Joe Megatron Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank & Baroness Unboxing-11.jpg