Is Hiya Toys Teasing 1:18 G.I. Joe Figures?!?

JayC

Overseas company put out a teaser image for upcoming action figures they will be doing in 2022. Most we knew about including Judge Dredd, Godzilla, Aliens and Robocop. However one tease on their image caught our eye which is a familiar looking Cobra symbol which is usually associated with G.I. Joe. Now for those not familiar Hiya Toys is mostly known for doing articulated 1:18 scale figures. They have recently started to branch out into the 1:12 scale for things like Judge Dredd, but I would imagine if they have struck a deal with Hasbro to do G.I. Joe it would be stuff in the 1:18 scale. Hiya has even tried their hand with vehicles for lines like Aliens so I supposed G.I. Joe vehicles could even possibly be on the table. Only time will tell but as Joe fans I think its something we will definitely want to keep our eyes on. When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Hiya-2022.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if by "something [fans] have not had since the mid nineteen eighties," Hiya means they will be producing the U.S.S. Flagg, Cobra Island, and other huge playsets. That would certainly be great, since other companies are already 3 3/4" Joe figures without much in the vehicle/playset department.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Back in February overseas company Hiya Toy had seemingly teased that they would be doing 1:18 scale figures for Hasbro's G.I. Joe. Well today we got a look at the first figure they are doing which of course is Snake-Eyes.

Stands at 3.75 inches tall with 17 points of articulation. Features signature sword, pistol, uzi with silencer, tactical knife, tactical bag, and 2 pairs of interchangeable hands.

Release time: 2023Q1
Price: 19.99USD

Look for it to be up for pre-order soon at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth.

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-00.jpg

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-01.jpg

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-02.jpg

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-03.jpg

• Like 1

So, it's a 25th Anniversary style line except more realistic and gritty. If it sells then they'll put out every character you can imagine if you follow their other 3.75" lines. I'd rather have a huge line of these then the o-ring line from Pulse given the paltry amount of figures that will trickle out from that line. Hiya releases crap tons of Aliens and Predators. If it exists in a movie you'll have a clean, battle damaged, mask on, mask off, and invisible and/or Predator vision version of it in the line. I think I have 30+ characters now spread across all of the films and spinoffs (except Prometheus and Covenant but give it time). It appears they're doing the same with Judge Dredd and they've done quite a few Robocop characters over the years, so I think this line will be huge if the sales are there. I can't believe they haven't licensed Terminator either given all of these properties have crossed over with each other in the past.

They have a history of doing vehicles too but not as many and expensive as hell. The armored personnel carrier from Aliens comes in standard and on fire version at $250 each and there's a 3rd one with a different paint app and maybe different tooling for the same price. They have McFarlanitis when it comes to variants and selling them all individually instead of packing it all together but it's still a great line at the end of the day.