Masters Of The Universe Masterverse Revelation Target Exclusive King Grayskull Info

JayC

While the Masters of the Universe Masterverse Deluxe Tri-Klops figure is currently showing up at Target stores, there has still been no signs of either the Deluxe Trap-Jaw or Target exclusive Deluxe King Grayskull figures showing up. We did some check though and they are in the system now which is something that changed recently.

Both figures will cost $29.99 just like Tri-Klops and the DCPI# for King Grayskull is #087-16-8373. The DPCI# for Trap Jaw is 087-16-8082. Neither figure is currently showing an arrival date so it may still be a bit before either show up in actual stores.

While King Grayskull is a Target exclusive, Trap Jaw is not. That one recently went up for pre-order on Amazon's website but quickly sold out. Both Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops are listed for pre-order at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth and they list both figures currently with a release date of this month. Whether they both actually ship that soon remains to be seen.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

I don't get what the "deluxe" part of some of these Revelations and Origins figures is.  Most just seem to be an extra head and a normal amount of accessories spread out in a larger package.

That's why they're considered deluxe. The standard figures don't come with extra heads or accessories. You get the figure and a single something to hold (or fancy metal hands with something like Fisto/Jitsu) and that's it.  Not all deluxe releases are created equal. Some feature more than others with some even allowing multiple figures to be made like Revelations Trap Jaw and TriKlops and Origins Eternean Palace Guard.

• 2 weeks later...

The upcoming Target Exclusive Masters of the Universe Masterverse Revelation King GrayskullI figure from Mattel is available for pre-order on Target.com now. The cost is $30. King Grayskull figure comes with a swappable head and pair of hands to transform the character and prepare for battle!

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-00.jpg

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-01.jpg

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-03.jpg

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-04.jpg

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-05.jpg

Masterverse-King-Greyskull-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

This one looks just as good as the rest. Every time I see a new reveal I fight the urge to start collecting these things while they're all relatively easy to find. Had I any faith that the wouldn't meet with another untimely cancellation like all the previous lines I would have started collecting them a long time ago. Buuut.........bwah, waaah, waaaaaaah..............!

20220129_170634.jpg

20220129_170304.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

This one looks just as good as the rest. Every time I see a new reveal I fight the urge to start collecting these things while they're all relatively easy to find. Had I any faith that the wouldn't meet with another untimely cancellation like all the previous lines I would have started collecting them a long time ago. Buuut.........bwah, waaah, waaaaaaah..............!

20220129_170634.jpg

20220129_170304.jpg

Start collecting man. I like this line and I collect it. I pre-ordered today Sun Man and King Grayskull at Target 🎯😀✌️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

20220129_170634.jpg

20220129_170304.jpg

Collectors are kinda funny, when something is hard to find they #$## and when its easy they are like im not gonna buy it cause its gonna get canceled. The survival of these things are based more on there being entertainment properties like movies and tv shows pushing them. We know the CGI series is renewed for another season, hopefully Revelation will also get another season and there is a live-action netflix movie in the works. So overall I think its safe to collect these.

The 200x toyline was canceled cause Cartoon network canceled the cartoon. The Classic line never made it to retail cause there was never any entertainment properties pushing it. If all the cartoons and stuff on netflix are canceled thats when you worry. Being able to find stuff on shelves is a good thing and should be supported not a bad thing. It means the Retailer is all in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Collectors are kinda funny, when something is hard to find they #$## and when its easy they are like im not gonna buy it cause its gonna get canceled. The survival of these things are based more on there being entertainment properties like movies and tv shows pushing them. We know the CGI series is renewed for another season, hopefully Revelation will also get another season and there is a live-action netflix movie in the works. So overall I think its safe to collect these.

The 200x toyline was canceled cause Cartoon network canceled the cartoon. The Classic line never made it to retail cause there was never any entertainment properties pushing it. If all the cartoons and stuff on netflix are canceled thats when you worry. Being able to find stuff on shelves is a good thing and should be supported not a bad thing. It means the Retailer is all in.

I dunno, man. I think we can agree to disagree on this one. I think you and I might be remembering the demise of the 200X line distinctly differently. I would argue that show was cancelled due to the failure of the toy line. I think most people still consider the Mike Young Productions' Masters of the Universe the most highly regarded series and a true sequel to the original, and was still going strong and even attracting new viewership at the time of it's cancellation, but when Mattel was packing 4 He-Man and Skeletor to every 1 Trap-Jaw or Man-E-Faces there was nothing but waves and waves of unwanted figures on the pegs. I lived in a much larger city than the one I live in today and I made a friend in a manager at the WM closest to me. He would give me the heads up when the new figures arrived and he was the only reason I was able to get figures like Roboto and Whiplash and Sy-Clone (and the only way I was able to complete the WM exclusive ML Giant Man BAF, for that matter). They were literally packed one per case. It was ridiculous. By the time wave 6 came around his store manager had bailed on the line for the sheer fact that there were nothing but droves and droves of unsellable He-Man and Skeletor product that he could do nothing with. I'm pretty sure the toy line failed first and the cancellation of the show was an unfortunate consequence.

This is the thing I see with this line. At my local WM, nothing but He-Man and Skeletor. At my local Target, shelves full of Skelegod and Faker. If they can't move this product, even at discounted prices, I don't see much hope for the future of this line

13 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Start collecting man. I like this line and I collect it. I pre-ordered today Sun Man and King Grayskull at Target 🎯😀✌️

Oh, I'm all about the Origins line. Those things are moving and they're putting out some good stuff. I have more faith in that line lasting, but the Masterverse is just not looking too strong. Now, they have only concentrated on Revelations to this point and the new Classic Teela does look good. I think if they can transition from the Revelations to the Classics or even just start to mix it up a little more it might get stronger. I think they had a much higher expectation for Revelations than what was the reality. The second season just didn't perform as well as the first. One can argue the reasoning if you like. I watched, it was OK, the designs were cool, the art was fantastic, but it just wasn't all that great. I think the faster they can move on from that the better the line will do. In that argument I think I might just have convinced myself to start collecting them today.

• Thanks 1