Super7 Teasing Simpsons Ultimates Wave 2 Figures?

JayC

Super7 today released this image with the tag Coming Soon. Looks like a second wave of Ultimates Simpsons figure reveals may be on tap for the new year. Stay-tuned for more details when they become available.

Simpsons-Ultimates-Wave-2-Teaser.jpg

• Thanks 1

How is announcing a new wave to a separate line comedic? One has nothing to do with the other and they can't force the factory producing wave 2 to go faster, so let's lay off the TC wave 2 crap. It'll come out. Their new factory is producing things nicely, and we'll have new waves come out on an almost monthly basis provided no out of their control shipping and trucking delays interfere. There is a massive truck driver shortage bordering on dangerous levels, so things not getting trucked to where they're supposed to go are and have been a huge headache for everyone. And there's nothing they can do about that. I'm not sure why one thinks they don't have the right to announce new products. If you're going to do it to them then do it to everyone else like Mezco, Big Boss, and Medicom to name a few. The MAFEX line is dozens figures behind and One:12  is right behind it.

It's not a mystery.  Super7 aims to have no more than 3 open waves of preorders for any given line.  Thundercats waves 2-4 were all delayed, so they waited to announce wave 5.  They released wave 3 (mostly), then announced wave 5.  Considering the minimum lead time is 9 months to a year, we'd get almost nothing if Super7 couldn't put something new up for preorder until all of their old preorders were filled. 

53 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

I don't know.  Bartman would be a great choice but im thinking they'll go with normal Bart here.  Because he's the one that eats krusty O's.

Good point. I was thinking Krusty with the Krusty O's since he held them in the commercial. Space Homer made me think all the main characters would be in costume. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WebbedSpider said:

Good point. I was thinking Krusty with the Krusty O's since he held them in the commercial. Space Homer made me think all the main characters would be in costume. 

It definitely plausible given the way they did space homer.  At first I thought krusty as well but then it just felt like a misdirect.  Is there really even another alternate costume they could do for Bart?  And will he come with a butterfinger?

14 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

It definitely plausible given the way they did space homer.  At first I thought krusty as well but then it just felt like a misdirect.  Is there really even another alternate costume they could do for Bart?  And will he come with a butterfinger?

Yes!!! We need the butterfinger. The only other major Bart costume that comes to mind would be when he took over Kamp Krusty. But I really hope they make Bart with an extra Bartman head and slip on cape.

The newest wave of The Simpsons ULTIMATES! from Super7 is here to help you continue to build your own menagerie of Springfield’s most interesting characters!

Bartman, Duffman, Hank Scorpio, and Krusty the Clown are made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe 7” scale action figures featuring a variety of interchangeable parts and iconic accessories inspired by your favorite episodes of The Simpsons.

Figures can be ordered individually. Right now they are available on the Super7 website.

Look for them to be available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth starting at 3pm ET.

Simpsons-Wave-2-01.jpg

Simpsons-Wave-2-02.jpg

Simpsons-Wave-2-03.jpg

Simpsons-Wave-2-04.jpg

Simpsons-Wave-2-05.jpg

Simpsons-Wave-2-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

Called it on Bartman and Krusty. I was all in for a couple of figures on Wave 1, but now that I see Wave 2 I'm not so sure. The level of detail doesn't seem to be there (I know that's how they look on the show). But comparing the small Bart figure with limited detail and accessories to the awesomeness of Muckman from the latest Super 7 TMNT line, there is a clear winner. I don't understand how these could be the same price. Now I'm thinking the Simpson's line should cost around $40 each, not $55. I may cancel my current preorders, but aren't sure. Am I missing something?

Weird choices yet again for a second wave, I thought it was weird that the first wave had alt versions of characters like why no regular Homer? or normal Itchy and Scratchy? not even a Bart or Lisa? but Moe in the first wave and Poochy? now this wave  having Hank Scorpio? over like um well mostly anyone? they really think they are going to do 100+ figures in this line and it's going to last for like over a decade, I find a hard time believing that, especially at this price, they really should have out the gate given at least the regular family members, because it would have been an instant sell for people

also correct me if I'm wrong but Bartman's shirt is the wrong color, shouldn't it be baby blue and not Orange?

33 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

correct me if I'm wrong but Bartman's shirt is the wrong color, shouldn't it be baby blue and not Orange?

Orange would be accurate to both the episode "Three Men and a Comic Book" and The Simpsons Game for X-Box 360. This, however, looks more red to me, which was the color of the shirt on the old Playmates Bartman figure.

5 minutes ago, Satam said:

Orange would be accurate to both the episode "Three Men and a Comic Book" and The Simpsons Game for X-Box 360. This, however, looks more red to me, which was the color of the shirt on the old Playmates Bartman figure.

Oh alright, my Simpsons knowledge is pretty shot these days, I always thought Bartman had a baby blue shirt though in promo images, and I own the original figure from the 90's and it has a blue shirt.

spacer.pngspacer.png

this is the Bartman I remember.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WebbedSpider said:

Called it on Bartman and Krusty. I was all in for a couple of figures on Wave 1, but now that I see Wave 2 I'm not so sure. The level of detail doesn't seem to be there (I know that's how they look on the show). But comparing the small Bart figure with limited detail and accessories to the awesomeness of Muckman from the latest Super 7 TMNT line, there is a clear winner. I don't understand how these could be the same price. Now I'm thinking the Simpson's line should cost around $40 each, not $55. I may cancel my current preorders, but aren't sure. Am I missing something?

Well you were right and I was wrong.  Good intuition there man.  I think that getting Santa's little helper might be yo offset the pricing.  And I didn't know about the variety in shirts.  Thats an impressive memory there.

9 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Well you were right and I was wrong.  Good intuition there man.  I think that getting Santa's little helper might be yo offset the pricing.  And I didn't know about the variety in shirts.  Thats an impressive memory there.

Very good point on the pup. IDK. I may get them, but I'm going to think about it for a few days.

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 4:01 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Weird choices yet again for a second wave, I thought it was weird that the first wave had alt versions of characters like why no regular Homer? or normal Itchy and Scratchy? not even a Bart or Lisa? but Moe in the first wave and Poochy? now this wave  having Hank Scorpio? over like um well mostly anyone? they really think they are going to do 100+ figures in this line and it's going to last for like over a decade, I find a hard time believing that, especially at this price, they really should have out the gate given at least the regular family members, because it would have been an instant sell for people

also correct me if I'm wrong but Bartman's shirt is the wrong color, shouldn't it be baby blue and not Orange?

The "weird choices" are what Super7 are known for. It's done on purpose to show customers that they are in for the long haul. This line will continue on for a decade or more if the sales are good given the fact that there is well over a thousand characters and variations galore to choose from. They don't need to start off with all of the main characters and I don't want them to.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, WebbedSpider said:

They're huge figures which is why they're the same. These aren't the size of what you'd find in stores. They're 7" scale and with the chunky style of the art these figures are much beefier than your average Ultimates figure. Also, there is no problem with detail. They literally look exactly like they should. They can't have more detail when there is none to add unless you pull a Mezco and add it.

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I wonder if Disney is aware The Simpsons is an animated series aimed towards the adult audience and likewise this figure is also aimed towards the adult collectors.

I'm going to say "vaguely" on one and "no" on two.

Let's see...a series that has jumped the shark, dragged it to the shore and beaten it with a tire iron until there was nothing left but chum, as well as a reboot of a line that was incredibly successful and affordable ($55 each for these figures). I don't think we'll have to worry about what changes will be needed to Patty & Selma...the line will be dead long before then. I guess Otto won't be getting a bong either!