Hasbro undercuts collectors again

Tcc

Like many other collectors, I was excited to hear they would be releasing an updated version of the sdcc ulik figure, which is one of my grail toys . While casually skimming over the ads for them in the after market I realized just how much Hasbro screwed the people who bought this set now that a new and improved figure will be soon released for $20 -$30 when they are going for easily $100 or more secondary.  Now ,I'm not a flipper or a scalper ,I don't collect toys for their value but I realize many do and boy would I be mad at the way Hasbro will put out an ' exclusive' or a baf and then a few years down the road bring it back for cheap and often better then one people paid a gazillion dollars for. The same thing has happened before ,notably with the children of thanos 5 pk that greatly improved upon the original cull Obsidian baf I purchased for $70 ! And now worth $40 being clearly inferior to the new figure. Makes me wonder, are the haslabs really one and done or will we one day see them all again ,possibly better and cheaper than those already out or soon to be ? If their track record is any indicator, I would bet yes for it seems Hasbro will never let a fig lie dormant if a repaint or retool can be had.

I refer to the price difference between an " exclusive " compared to a regular release. Paint has little to do with what you pay for a figure. What does exclusive really mean?