Why I hate preorders Update: Gamestop screws up again

Tcc

So ,I preordered this dc multiverse mega fig from game stop ( after Amazon cancelled my order there ) and I finally get it ,and I'll be damned if it's not a artist proof copy with ZERO  paint on it !? I mean I haven't even seen any ads for this ,the only variants I know of is the exclusive one with antlers so how in the hell did I get this one ? This is why I rather buy toys in store rather than buy something online and never know what you will actually receive! Sort of like those haslabs with the wrong paint, or loose knees, it's hard for me to justify buying stuff months or even years before you actually receive it . Have a look . Not a drop of paint on it . And I'm not a customizer and if I was I wouldn't pay the same price to paint a fig myself! Let's see if McFarlane sends me another. 

1639593295901633323198.jpg

I've been hearing some people who pre-ordered from Amazon have been getting the same thing. If it makes you feel any better that one in the long run will likely be harder to get than the green one.

McFarlane chases have been an interesting topic for me.  I feel like he overproduces his chase figs in the long run to the point where it's not much of a chase anymore but a little bit harder to find than a regular variant.  Additionally, he seems to group a lot of his chases in the initial run, then continue to do a long run of chase figures in the case packs within the entire duration of that figures release.  Platinum Grodd was $100 bucks and dipped down pretty fast.  That's totally fine but personally, I always chuckle when he calls the Platinum figs chase figs.  Not every single one but a HUGE majority of those Platinums become fairly easy finds especially if you order on Amazon or go on a fair amount of toy hunts.  I agree in that Todd needs to reevaluate his take on Chase figs.  It's really not a traditional "chase" figure especially if it's packed in a lot of orders to the point where customers look at it and are unhappy with it. 

This happened to me years ago when I ordered the Palisades Toys Life-Size Snake Eyes Bust.  The Bust was limited to 450 and I got mine and it's marked "AP #8."  The same year after I got it, I went to Wizard World and asked Palisades Toys about the mix up and they told me that some Artist Proofs did get shipped out but majority of them were destroyed after the Bust went to production.  Way I look at it is I'm one of the lucky ones to get a very rare item instead of a basic item that everyone else would have gotten.

To be clear I got this from Game stop, not Amazon. I did jave have a order from Amazon but it was canceled ,which is why I went with Gamestop. And I don't really think it will be rare at all if I got one and didn't ask for it . But even if it is I filed a return and will have to give this one back when I get the new one . But thanks everyone for the feedback .

Ordered one of these for my brother-in-law who is a huge Swamp Thing fan but not necessarily a toy collector. Ordered from Game Stop. Received the unpainted version. Not sure what to do from here since I intended to give it to him for Christmas and I don’t know if I can get a replacement in time. It is a cool figure for sure, and the sculpt looks amazing, but I am fairly confident he would prefer the standard version over the chase variant.

A1CED4BD-578A-4C0D-81D4-F0CA52CB1147.jpeg

Just to update you guys I called gamestop and they said they would mail me the regular version and I can just bring this one into the store for credit. You can fill out a return request online or just call . I also emailed McFarlane and they said it's on the retailer to fix it . Don't know how Amazon will handle it .

After several calls to gamestop corporate I was finally able to get them to send me the original McFarlane swamp thing megafig to replace the gray variant many of us have received. You have to file a return but I would advise calling to make sure they understand the problem if you don't want to keep the variant and get the one you actually ordered. It is my understanding they finally realized the error and are addressing the issue which goes a long way to keeping customers . But, I have to wonder if I will actually receive the green one or another platinum version, or may be even the exclusive with antlers? We'll see how it goes.

Well ,today i got my replacement for the McFarlane dc swamp thing mega fig ,and just as I surmised i wind up with yet another platinum variant artist proof ,to go along with the one I already had. So much for the idea they are " rare " .If I got two how rare can they be ? Obviously they have run out of the regular issue and are dumping these because no one wants them and I get screwed twice. Maybe Santa will bring me a big ole jar of Vaseline for Xmas since it's obvious I won't be getting the present I was actually hoping for. 20211222_211113.thumb.jpg.c3d51a786ae20ed4e97ddd4775923c05.jpg

• Satam changed the title to Why I hate preorders Update: Gamestop screws up again
6 hours ago, Tcc said:

Well ,today i got my replacement for the McFarlane dc swamp thing mega fig ,and just as I surmised i wind up with yet another platinum variant artist proof ,to go along with the one I already had. So much for the idea they are " rare " .If I got two how rare can they be ? Obviously they have run out of the regular issue and are dumping these because no one wants them and I get screwed twice. Maybe Santa will bring me a big ole jar of Vaseline for Xmas since it's obvious I won't be getting the present I was actually hoping for. 20211222_211113.thumb.jpg.c3d51a786ae20ed4e97ddd4775923c05.jpg

Goodness. Who would have thought. Totally surprised right.