Slugfest - Docuseries Between Marvel And DC Comics Rivalry; Trailer

Outsiders

Slugfest, the ten-part docuseries about the rivalry between comic book companies Marvel and DC will air on the Roku streaming service on December 24th.

The docuseries is narrated by Kevin Smith and is inspired by Reed Tucker’s book Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle Between Marvel and DC, and will include a history of the rivalry via interviews and re-enactments. Each episode dives into the unique story from the companies' rich and intermingled history that’s created a worldwide superhero phenomenon.

Slugfest, which was created in partnership with AGBO, is executive produced by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo. Don Argott and Sheena M. Joyce served as directors. Producers include Todd Makurath, Peter Rieveschl, Nick Gilhool, and Jen Casey.

“Audiences will leave Slugfest with a whole new of understanding of how the rivalry between two creative powerhouses shaped the iconic storylines and characters that fans around the world have come to know and love,” said the Russo Brothers. “We’re thrilled to partner with The Roku Channel to unpack the fascinating, but untold, history behind the most well-known competition in comics.”

Don Argott said, “We wanted to tell the story of the creative competition that to this day continues to captivate fans across generations.” Sheena Joyce added, “It was incredible to work with the Russo Brothers to bring this project to life and we’re excited to share this series with audiences on The Roku Channel.”

Roku’s Head of Alternative Originals, Brian Tannenbaum, said, “After watching Slugfest, even the most die-hard superhero fans will gain a newfound perspective on how one competitive relationship shaped fandom culture into what it is today. Collaborating with the Russo Brothers to tell the backstory behind one of the most epic creative battles in the history of Hollywood was an incredible experience and we can’t wait to share this story with audiences on The Roku Channel.”

Source: Deadline

Slugfest_DC_Marvel.jpg

• Like 1

I was mostly a marvel fan but when i bought all of those I would get the dc ,and pretty much everything else still on the rack .Archie was in my collection too . Still, I always thought marvel was more realistic than dc ,they dealt with societal issues in a way dc never really did back in those days. Marvel was adult reading, dc more simplistic good versus evil with no context or depth .

Yes ,bats was cool because he was actually human with no real superpowers,but I never really liked superman simply because he seemed too perfect and godlike with no flaws . Most marvel hero's had weaknesses and personal issues that made them more vulnerable and thus the stories more believable.