ToyFarce: MAFEX Batman: Hush - The Joker review and images

ToyFarce

Joker.jpgIt's Wednesday and you know what that means... ToyFarce review!

This week, we're looking at the brand new Joker figure from the Batman: Hush line from MAFEX. This is the 5th figure in that line (6th if you count the Batman black repaint). As usual, MAFEX did an excellent work in bringing the character from the comic book in figure form. This figure blew away my expectations, actually. As much as I love Jim Lee's art (and I have tattoos from his work on my body), his Joker has never been my favorite representation of him. Add to that the DC Direct Batman: Hush figure of Joker looked really bad, so I expected this figure to be the one I would like the least.

Well, it turns out it's an awesome figure! It comes with 2 stellar headsculpts, 5 extra sets of hands and a knife. As expected, no guns, since MAFEX had warned long ago about it not coming with guns due to the Warner decision to keep away from guns in their products. The shade of purple of his suit was also rectified to be darker than in the initial promo shots, which looks great. Articulation-wise, it's the usual MAFEX product, unfortunately no thigh or biceps swivel, which hinders it a little, but since it's not a Spider-man figure and doesn't need to do any gymnast posts, that will do.

Of course, it would have been nice to have the prop gun with the flag to recreate "that" scene from the comic book, but we can always use guns from other figures, any third-party ones or even 3D print them if you know what you're doing - "What are you doing? - I'm printing a gun, mum!". Those are weird times, indeed.

The next ones in this line should be Harley Quinn in April 2022, Batman with the Stealth Jumper suit in June and Huntress in August, unless there are any (more) delays from MAFEX.

More news at 11:00... "Stop me if you've heard this one before, Batsy..."Joker (1).jpgJoker (2).jpgJoker (3).jpgJoker (4).jpgJoker (5).jpgJoker (6).jpgJoker (7).jpgJoker (8).jpgJoker (9).jpgJoker (10).jpgJoker (11).jpgJoker (12).jpgJoker (13).jpgJokerComic (1).jpgJokerComic (2).jpgJokerComic (3).jpgJokerComic (4).jpg

On 12/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, SpiderS said:

I love comics comparison pics, sadly they reminded me that when it comes to Batman mafex didn't capture Jim Lee too well imo 

That is true. They redeemed themselves with the Superman and all the following ones, though. Those figures look like they were taken right out of the comic book!