Batman 1989 Batman and Joker from Beast Kingdom

toynewman

Wow, someone got Nicholson's likeness rights?  My understanding was that was an incredibly difficult task and therefore the reason why there are so few Nicholson Joker figures (the Hot Toys one that goes for several hundred dollars being the only one that comes to mind).  I don't collect this scale either but hopefully this means that other companies will be able to give us a Nicholson Joker as well.

Beast Kingdom has released official images and details for their new 8" Dynamic 8ction Heroes figures based on Batman and Joker from the 1989 movie.

Batman
A cult classic, 1989 saw the unleashing of Tim Burton’s ‘Batman’ to moviegoers who were until then only used to the camp 1960’s television show. A new dark and otherworldly take on the character introduced fans to a new and broodier superhero. Played by the enigmatic Micheal Keaton, 1989’s Batman brought to screen a troubled yet determined character that was ready to sacrifice it all to save Gotham city!

Beast Kingdom’s ‘Entertainment Experience Brand’ proudly enters the world of Tim Burton’s Batman with the release of a highly articulable DAH-056 1989 Batman. An action figure ready for the ultimate in posing possibilities with its 20 points of articulation, the DAH-056 gives fans the iconic suit using PVC to recreate the rubberized look. Coupled with the usage of real fabric and wiring for the cape, collectors can enjoy a highly detailed take on the classic design. Over 30 years ago, the classic bat logo was plastered across billboards the world over and then proudly displayed on Batman’s armored chest, it is also here recreated in all its glory. In addition to a highly detailed suit, the set comes with a host of weapons and replaceable mouth sculpts to truly give fans their perfect posing scenario. Grappling guns, batarangs and more are all on full display.

A near perfect rendition of the superhero, 1989’s Batman is an icon of comic book movie renditions. Don’t forget to also add the 1989 DAH-032 Joker to your collection to complete your set.

・DAH designed figure, with around 20 points of articulation
・Three (3) replaceable mouth sculpts (Regular, angry, smiling)
・Five (5) pairs of replacement hands (Fist, open, relaxed, gripping, dart gripping)
・Suit made of PVC, with real fabric used for the cape
・Three (3) small batarangs, one large batarang
・Weapon accessories: Grappling gun (dismantlable), bomb detonator, 3 smoke bombs, large rope grappling hook, Batmobile pager

- Product Measurements:Approx. 1/9 8 inch=21cm height

- Release Date: Q3, 2022(7-9)
(Ship according to manufacturing schedule)

Joker
A cult classic, 1989 saw the unleashing of Tim Burton’s ‘Batman’ to moviegoers who were until then only used to the camp 1960’s television shows. A new dark and otherworldly take on the character introduced fans to a new arch-nemesis in Jack Nicholson’s Joker! His wild and manic depiction of the character quickly won him applause and cemented this version as one of the most iconic Jokers in cinematic history.
Beast Kingdom’s ‘Entertainment Experience Brand’ proudly enters the world of Tim Burton’s Batman with the release of a highly articulable DAH-032 Batman 1989 Joker. An action figure ready for the ultimate in posing possibilities with its 20 points of articulation, the Joker’s diverse yet scary grin is on full display, with two replaceable head sculpts. With an attention to detail, every element of the 1989 Joker is recreated using a full body suit made of real fabric as well as a set of seven replaceable hands. Included in the set are also some of the Joker’s most iconic accessories, such as the flag pistol, megaphone, dentures and more.
Arguably one of the most celebrated movie villains is ready to make himself heard on a desk near you. Don’t forget to also add the 1989 DAH-056 Batman to your collection to complete your set.
・DAH designed figure, with around 20 points of articulation
・Two (2) head sculpts (Regular, laughing)
・Seven (7) pairs of replacement hands (Fist, open, relaxed, gripping, signature + two card playing)
・Accessories: Blower hat, flag pistol, dentures, megaphone, walkie-talkie, remote control, purple spray
・Real fabric clothing: Purple coat, purple suit jacket, green vest, orange shirt, green scarf, check trousers
- Product Measurements:Approx. 1/9 8 inch=21cm height
- Release Date: Q3, 2022(7-9)
(Ship according to manufacturing schedule)

00.jpg

Batman-01.jpg

Batman-02.jpg

Batman-03.jpg

Batman-04.jpg

Batman-05.jpg

Batman-06.jpg

Batman-07.jpg

Batman-08.jpg

Batman-09.jpg

Joker-01.jpg

Joker-02.jpg

Joker-03.jpg

Joker-04.jpg

Joker-05.jpg

Joker-06.jpg

Joker-07.jpg

Joker-08.jpg

Joker-09.jpg

Man o man . Keaton Batman, Nicolson Joker, mirror Spock... 2022 is going to be really expensive for me... and it has not even arrived yet. I really gotta shake this collecting addiction or I'll be broke by this time next year. Does anyone know of a TCA (Toy Collectors Anonymous) meeting coming up soon?

These look okay.  Not loving how the knee and elbow joints look on Batman.  Makes me think though - when is MacFarlane going to get around to these?  I feel like this is a no-brainer for him and he's done so many other more obscure Batman figures already.  It would be nice not to have to spend $100+ just to get a 1989 Batman when a $25 MacFarlane would be plenty good.  Wondering if this version of Batman just doesn't really interest him.

• Like 1

Ok what am I my missing here?

This is like one of those puzzles from Highlights magazine ( if that's not dating myself) where you compare the two pics and circle the differences.  But with this one, I just dont see them. Anyone care to enlighten me?

On 12/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, Jace976 said:

These look okay.  Not loving how the knee and elbow joints look on Batman.  Makes me think though - when is MacFarlane going to get around to these?  I feel like this is a no-brainer for him and he's done so many other more obscure Batman figures already.  It would be nice not to have to spend $100+ just to get a 1989 Batman when a $25 MacFarlane would be plenty good.  Wondering if this version of Batman just doesn't really interest him.

Feel the same way.   While these do look pretty good but for over $100 per figure?   These would have to be outstanding.   

17 hours ago, Spack said:

Ok what am I my missing here?

This is like one of those puzzles from Highlights magazine ( if that's not dating myself) where you compare the two pics and circle the differences.  But with this one, I just dont see them. Anyone care to enlighten me?

they widen his head/cowl, and the "eyebrows" are not as arched. but yeah took me a while to spot the differences myself 

• 9 months later...

Wow. Just...wow.  And not in a good way.  It looks like the ditched the whole 'rubber suit overlay' idea and went for more of a shiny vinyl fabric.  The pelvis looks terrible - we complain about McFarlane stuff looking like diapers - but sheesh.  Even the shoddy looking seams on the leg vinyl up near the crotch and the knees.  His face also looks too bloated and sticks out too far from the cowl.  This is so different from what they've been showing us.  Initially I thought this was a different Keaton Batman from another company.  Sorry to be so negative but jeez, the effort really doesn't seem to be there for something with a price on par with Mezco One:12 figures.  Even the photography lacks effort or pride in their product - they didn't even straighten his bat-ears in a couple of the photos.  To me it just raises red flags about the quality.  I guess I'll keep waiting to see if Mezco ever comes around or another company can nail this one.  At this point, I may just bite the bullet and go for the Hot Toys re-release.

6 minutes ago, Jace976 said:

Wow. Just...wow.  And not in a good way.  It looks like the ditched the whole 'rubber suit overlay' idea and went for more of a shiny vinyl fabric.  The pelvis looks terrible - we complain about McFarlane stuff looking like diapers - but sheesh.  Even the shoddy looking seams on the leg vinyl up near the crotch and the knees.  His face also looks too bloated and sticks out too far from the cowl.  This is so different from what they've been showing us.  Initially I thought this was a different Keaton Batman from another company.  Sorry to be so negative but jeez, the effort really doesn't seem to be there for something with a price on par with Mezco One:12 figures.  Even the photography lacks effort or pride in their product - they didn't even straighten his bat-ears in a couple of the photos.  To me it just raises red flags about the quality.  I guess I'll keep waiting to see if Mezco ever comes around or another company can nail this one.  At this point, I may just bite the bullet and go for the Hot Toys re-release.

I have the original DX-09 Keaton Batman from Hot Toys. No smaller scale figure will probably ever come close to that. Obviously, this figure falls very short.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
AsokaTheGeek takes a look at the Batman (1989) Dynamic 8ction Heroes DAH-032 The Joker Action Figure from Beast Kingdom.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Pre-order yours from our sponsor:
Entertainment Earth with free shipping over $39 in the USA with Code FREESHIP39

Joker.Dah.0.jpg

Joker.Dah.1.jpg

Joker.Dah.3.jpg

Joker.Dah.4.jpg

Joker.Dah.5.jpg

Joker.Dah.6.jpg

Joker.Dah.7.jpg

Joker.Dah.8.jpg

Joker.Dah.9.jpg