New DC Multiverse Endless Winter Build-A-Wave Coming From McFarlane Toys!?!

JayC

Thanks to overseas listing we have indications there is a new wave of DC Multiverse 7" figures from McFarlane Toys coming in 2022 that will be based on the DC Comics Endless Winter storyline which was a 2020 crossover event by Andy Lanning and Ron Marz. The story follows the villain Frost King's efforts to cause an eternal global winter and the Justice League's efforts to stop him. The story appeared in nine issues spread across five comic titles published over five weeks in December 2020.

The individual figures in the wave are listed as Batman, Black Adam, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. While there is no indications in the figures description on what the Build-A-Figure will be in the wave, we are going to assume it's the stories main bad guy the Frost King. Of course none of these have yet to be officially confirmed by McFarlane Toys and should be considered rumor until they do so. The images below are for reference only and should not be taken as a confirmation of how the actual figures will look.

Endless-Winter.jpg

I think I remember hearing something about an Aquaman from this wave which would be nice. I'm not really interested in what's offered here. We already have several Bantmans and Green Lanterns and I could care less about Black Atom. As far as Wonder Woman is concerned I wish Mcfarlane would give us a regular comic based version already. The BAF looks cool although I am not familiar with him.

• 3 weeks later...

This morning McFarlane Toys released this teaser image for their upcoming DC Multiverse 7" Endless Winter Aquaman figure which they say pre-orders will open up for sometime next week. Now late last month you may recall how we reported to you that McFalane Toys would be doing a wave of figures based on the DC Comics Endless Winter storyline.

And then earlier this week we told you how Amazon had already listed the Endless Winter Batman figure for pre-order which also confirmed the Build-A-Figure for the wave would be the Frost King. Amazon has the Batman listed with an April 2022 release.

Now the thing to note here is that Aquaman which we now know is coming was not actually seen in the initial overseas listings for the Endless Winter wave. Besides Batman, the other figures listed included Black Adam, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. So I don't know if Aquaman is an addition to the wave or perhaps a change has happened and he will be replacing one of the other figures. Either way we should be finding out sometime next week, so stay-tuned for more details as they become available.

Endless-Winter-Aquaman.jpg

On 11/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I think I remember hearing something about an Aquaman from this wave which would be nice. I'm not really interested in what's offered here. We already have several Bantmans and Green Lanterns and I could care less about Black Atom. As far as Wonder Woman is concerned I wish Mcfarlane would give us a regular comic based version already. The BAF looks cool although I am not familiar with him.

I hadnt seen Aquaman listed, but it looks like he is in fact coming.

• Thanks 1

Shown below are the official images for the DC Multiverse 7" Endless Winter Aquaman figure from McFarlane Toys. This appears to be a stand-alone figure however there will be other Endless Winter figures released as a wave which will include figures of Batman, Green Lantern, Black Adam and Wonder Woman. The wave should also have a build figure for of Frost King based on overseas listings previously seen. You can pre-order Aquaman from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Aquaman-01.jpg

Aquaman-02.jpg

Aquaman-03.jpg

Aquaman-04.jpg

Aquaman-05.jpg

Aquaman-06.jpg

Aquaman-07.jpg

Aquaman-09.jpg

Aquaman-10.jpg

Aquaman-11.jpg

Aquaman-12.jpg

Something about that Aquaman just misses the mark. This is one of those figures where the McFarlane formula just makes the arms and legs look really scrawny. In all actuality, it's probably more anatomically accurate than lines like Marvel Legends, but it just doesn't translate well to comics or comic based toys. Again, anything other than Batman from McFarlane has a decent chance of being picked up by me though.

19 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

Something about that Aquaman just misses the mark. This is one of those figures where the McFarlane formula just makes the arms and legs look really scrawny. In all actuality, it's probably more anatomically accurate than lines like Marvel Legends, but it just doesn't translate well to comics or comic based toys. Again, anything other than Batman from McFarlane has a decent chance of being picked up by me though.

I actually thought it looked pretty good. But I’m not a fan of the huge body little head motu masterverse style. 

As we have told you before, joining Aquaman will joining an entire wave of figures based on the Endless Winter storyline. The wave will include Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Black Adam. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Frost King. Check out the new preview image below and stay-tuned for pre-order details to come soon.

Endless-Winter.jpg

• Like 2

Frost King BAF looks pretty rad, but I'm not super familiar with him, the Wonder Woman looks kinda cool, but I think this is going to be a pass, I gotta curb my buying of certain lines, Multiverse isn't high priority plus I feel like I need to say no to more Wonder Womens.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:10 AM, JayC said:

Shown below are the official images for the DC Multiverse 7" Endless Winter Aquaman figure from McFarlane Toys. This appears to be a stand-alone figure however there will be other Endless Winter figures released as a wave which will include figures of Batman, Green Lantern, Black Adam and Wonder Woman. The wave should also have a build figure for of Frost King based on overseas listings previously seen. You can pre-order Aquaman from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Aquaman-01.jpg

Aquaman-02.jpg

Aquaman-03.jpg

Aquaman-04.jpg

Aquaman-05.jpg

Aquaman-06.jpg

Aquaman-07.jpg

Aquaman-09.jpg

Aquaman-10.jpg

Aquaman-11.jpg

Aquaman-12.jpg

These look dope. Not a fan of the eye placement but this is better than nothing lol. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, JayC said:

As we have told you before, joining Aquaman will joining an entire wave of figures based on the Endless Winter storyline. The wave will include Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Black Adam. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Frost King. Check out the new preview image below and stay-tuned for pre-order details to come soon.

Endless-Winter.jpg

Not a fan nor am I familiar to the storyline but the Black Adam got me intrigued. The BAF looks interesting enough. Depending on reviews on him...I'll think about picking this wave up just to build this. But not sure. Looks cool enough. I hope we get like a Doomsday or new 52 Darkseid BAFs eventually. 

I really want that Frost King but have no interest in any of the other figures, as usual. That's pretty much par for the course for me and this line. In general I just still refuse to commit to this 7" scale since most of my existing DC figures are 6" from Mattel. I have some 7" figures from DC Direct / DC Collectibles but strongly prefer the 1/12th (6") scale. Because of that I've mostly stuck to just the alternate earth evil Batmen from McFarlane so far, but this Frost King is also from the current Justice League run that I've been reading (about 70 issues in) so I'd like to get him.