ToyFarce: NECA's TMNT Limited Edition Series 2 Loot Crate Review and Images

ToyFarce

Danny (1).jpgIt's Wednesday and you know what that means... ToyFarce review!

This week, we're looking at the latest TMNT Loot Crate from NECA, the one that came with the exclusive Danny Pennington action figure! As is tradition with Loot Crate, the box is filled with useless stuff that will end up in a drawer, but this time, they overdid themselves with the inclusion of the BRIGHTEST FREAKING NEON YELLOW long sleeve t-shirt ever.

This box included the Exclusive Danny Pennington figure (more on him later), a set of 2 pins representing Casey Jones and Raphael, if someone drew them from memory (I assume), 2 great coasters with art from the original Mirage comics, and a long sleeve t-shirt that is as bright as the sun. I cannot see anybody wearing this unironically. ("Great! I was missing something to wear to go take out the trash!"). 4 different items, which feels a bit low for a Loot Crate. I remember them packing their boxes a bit more.

Anyway, I think most people ordered it for the figure rather than the extra swag (except for that one guy that only wears neon yellow and was super happy with his crate), so let's check out Danny. First impression is that he is a tiny figure. He seems to have the body of a nine year old compared to the other figures, while the actor (Michael Turney) was 16 when he played that character in 1990. The figure is as tall as the Splinter figure from that second wave of TMNT 1990 line. It's weird!

Otherwise, the sculpt is pretty good, we can recognize the actor easily. They did some great detail on the Sex Pistols t-shirt to have it movie accurate. Danny comes with 2 heads (bandana, and no bandana) and a walkman (it's that thing we used to carry around before iPods/smartphones existed). The walkman has a cable made of very thin rubber, similar to the one that came with the Tales from Space Marty McFly from their Back to the Future line, and I feel that this will definitely break down if you play with it too much. The figure itself is fine, but as usual with NECA, you have to be super careful with the articulations, and the arms tend to be very fragile and tiny (sorry about the elbow on yours, @JayC).

It's a great addition to the 1990 TMNT movie line, but if you don't collect those, that is an easy pass (unless you picked all the crates to get the extra bonus figure).

Surprisingly, BigBadToyStore actually has that LootCrate in stock (for a higher price) if you're still looking for it: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/179267

More news at 11:00... "Danny, are you ok? - Dad... it's just Dan now."

Danny (2).jpgDanny (3).jpgDanny (4).jpgDanny (5).jpgDanny (6).jpgDanny (7).jpgDanny (8).jpgDanny (9).jpgDanny (10).jpgDanny (11).jpgDanny (12).jpgDanny (13).jpgDanny (14).jpgDanny (15).jpgDanny (16).jpgDanny (17).jpgDanny (18).jpgDanny (19).jpgDanny (20).jpg