Jump to content

New Hasbro 6" Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2-Pack Revealed - Movie Spoilers


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks to Alan, we have a look at a new unannounced Hasbro Plasma Series 6" Ghostbusters 2-pack that has started showing up at Target stores. The two back is titled "The Family That Busts Together" and features figures of Phoebe Spengler along with Egon.

UPDATE: Hasbro officially announced this set during today's live-stream. Egon is done with translucent plastic. Phoebe comes with a proton pack, stream, chess piece, PK Meter and a jar of spores and molds. The set is a Target exclusive.

Plasma-Series-2-pack.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.02 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.36 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.29 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.39 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.51 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.57 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.45.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.46.54 AM.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glhshelby said:

I was so confused as to why they weren’t releasing Phoebe, arguably the main character, with everyone else. Given the spoilers nature of the second figure I GUESS it makes sense? 

Totally makes sense now... I wouldn't have wanted to been spoiled about Egon's appearance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mako said:

An action figure of a character based on an actor who died years before the movie the character appears in was even an idea. Jesus, Hollywood gets a little more creepy every day.

Look, as a middle aged guy who remembers see the original movies in the theater as a kid, I loved the story/ending of the movie.  I was not a hater of the 2016 version of the movie - I enjoyed it for what it was.  But Afterlife was far and away the best sequel to the 1984 original.  I would love to see another movie with the younger actors.  However, if that is the last Ghostbusters movie we get, it was the perfect ending.  As for the CGI Egon, it was done respectfully.  They got permission from his family, were very tasteful with the CGI, and did NOT try to dub in/ replace his voice.  He was a silent specter who was just trying to hang on long enough to protect his family and friends.  When he "said" goodbye to everyone at the end, both my wife and I teared up. 

P.S.  I also love that it was a play on the Ghostbusters III script(s) from the early 2010s where Venkman died at the beginning of the movie (since Murray wanted nothing to do with the franchise anymore) and only appeared at the end to help save the day.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah I knew this was going to be a thing as soon as I saw the movie, I'm glad they did this, but honestly I'm underwhelmed with the Egon, I don't think it was done right, should have had the whole face done in translucent, instead he just looks like he was stuck in an ice box and got frozen, and less like a specter, they really just could have done with they did with the Force ghost figures in Black Series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DouglasMccFett said:

Look, as a middle aged guy who remembers see the original movies in the theater as a kid, I loved the story/ending of the movie.  I was not a hater of the 2016 version of the movie - I enjoyed it for what it was.  But Afterlife was far and away the best sequel to the 1984 original.  I would love to see another movie with the younger actors.  However, if that is the last Ghostbusters movie we get, it was the perfect ending.  As for the CGI Egon, it was done respectfully.  They got permission from his family, were very tasteful with the CGI, and did NOT try to dub in/ replace his voice.  He was a silent specter who was just trying to hang on long enough to protect his family and friends.  When he "said" goodbye to everyone at the end, both my wife and I teared up. 

P.S.  I also love that it was a play on the Ghostbusters III script(s) from the early 2010s where Venkman died at the beginning of the movie (since Murray wanted nothing to do with the franchise anymore) and only appeared at the end to help save the day.

I never said the movie wasn't going to be good (I DO have my doubts), I just think using a dead actor's likeness in a movie is, frankly, kinda disgusting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Thanks to Alan, we have a look at a new unannounced Hasbro Plasma Series 6" Ghostbusters 2-pack that has started showing up at Target stores. The two back is titled "The Family That Busts Together" and features figures of Phoebe Spengler along with Egon.

UPDATE: Hasbro officially announced this set during today's live-stream. Egon is done with translucent plastic. Phoebe comes with a proton pack, stream, chess piece, PK Meter and a jar of spores and molds. The set is a Target exclusive.

Plasma-Series-2-pack.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.02 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.36 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.42.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.29 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.39 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.51 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.43.57 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.44.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.45.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 11.46.54 AM.jpg

Very nice... I watched the movie and they look like the one in the movie 🍿🎥😀✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mako said:

I never said the movie wasn't going to be good (I DO have my doubts), I just think using a dead actor's likeness in a movie is, frankly, kinda disgusting.

I agree with this unless the family agrees to it and is adequately compensated. If I could help my kids or grandkids after I'm dead by using my digital likeness, so be it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Faceless said:

If I could help my kids or grandkids after I'm dead by using my digital likeness, so be it. 

So YOU say. I say, once I'm done on this mortal coil, the Mako Bar is closed. That's the problem right there. WE are here to make that call. How do we know Ramis WANTED to be in another Ghostbusters? Even if he did, how do we know he'd want to be in THIS one.

Hell, they've been throwing money at Murray for 30 years, and by all reports, HE still only barely drug his butt back.

And make no mistake, this isn't being done out of love OR respect. They're using a dead man's face to put butts in seats that might not otherwise show up. That makes a man into a commodity, and there is no connotation, whether selling movie tickets, action figures, or picking cotton under which that's EVER been a good thing.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mako said:

So YOU say. I say, once I'm done on this mortal coil, the Mako Bar is closed. That's the problem right there. WE are here to make that call. How do we know Ramis WANTED to be in another Ghostbusters? Even if he did, how do we know he'd want to be in THIS one.

Hell, they've been throwing money at Murray for 30 years, and by all reports, HE still only barely drug his butt back.

And make no mistake, this isn't being done out of love OR respect. They're using a dead man's face to put butts in seats that might not otherwise show up. That makes a man into a commodity, and there is no connotation, whether selling movie tickets, action figures, or picking cotton under which that's EVER been a good thing.

His family would've had to have given permission for his likeness to be used in the film. If they were okay with it, I think that's all that needs to be said. And you should probably stay in your lane.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, mako said:

So YOU say. I say, once I'm done on this mortal coil, the Mako Bar is closed. That's the problem right there. WE are here to make that call. How do we know Ramis WANTED to be in another Ghostbusters? Even if he did, how do we know he'd want to be in THIS one.

Hell, they've been throwing money at Murray for 30 years, and by all reports, HE still only barely drug his butt back.

And make no mistake, this isn't being done out of love OR respect. They're using a dead man's face to put butts in seats that might not otherwise show up. That makes a man into a commodity, and there is no connotation, whether selling movie tickets, action figures, or picking cotton under which that's EVER been a good thing.

Who's to say he didn't and I am pretty sure Ramis had been pushing for another GB since GB 2. It was Murray who tended to drag his feet due to a falling out he and Ramis had. I dont think there is anything for fans to be outraged about here unless they are just looking to be outraged for the sake of being outraged.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, 214NoGhost said:

His family would've had to have given permission for his likeness to be used in the film. If they were okay with it, I think that's all that needs to be said. And you should probably stay in your lane.

Yes, but HE doesn't get a say in who uses his face. I don't care what kind of situational ethics or plastic fan-boy moral code you subscribe to, that's wrong.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 7:37 AM, JayC said:

Who's to say he didn't and I am pretty sure Ramis had been pushing for another GB since GB 2. It was Murray who tended to drag his feet due to a falling out he and Ramis had. I dont think there is anything for fans to be outraged about here unless they are just looking to be outraged for the sake of being outraged.

100 % agree. Ramis has definitely wanted multiple GB sequels and created various scripts with Dan Aykroyd.  Scripts he wanted Bill murray and the studios to be comfortable with.

On a side note, anyone else think the title of that 2 pack is strange? The family that busts together? I saw that 2 pack on opening weekend n scrutched  up my face when I read that lol 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE