Mythic Legions Poxxus Reveals - Four Horsemen Studios! Updated!

toynewman

• toynewman changed the title to Mythic Legions Poxxus Reveals - Four Horsemen Studios! Updated!
12 minutes ago, toynewman said:

Oh I hadn't seen the Weapons packs! 

There's a hand pack, too. It's mostly a supplement for older human/elf and orc figures on the 2.0 body, but it should work with a couple of the wizards from this wave, too.
hands_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1636752637

1 hour ago, interoceptive said:

Arrizak looks a bit like Kelek the sorcerer from the old d&d cartoon/LJN toys. I'd love for NECA to do a Kelek since they have the license.

That was probably intentional since they did a Warduke homage earlier in the line.

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Word of advice to anyone who's thinking of getting in on Mythic Legions:  they only increase in price later. 

Yep. The secondary market prices for these figures is absolutely nuts. Pre-ordering from Store Horsemen or BBTS is the best way to get something and not regret it later.  Store Horsemen is direct and tends to be cheaper than BBTS, but they charge right away, and the wait can be a looong time. BBTS is a bit more expensive, and the wait can be even be a bit longer, but they also don't charge until they ship, just like with any other product, and there's the option to cancel in case $#!@ hits the fan, and you need the money for something more pressing. They also have better customer service.

12 hours ago, MRT said:

I thought they were gonna make a fully articulated dragon. Kinda disappointed now 😆

From what I've heard, they still very much intend to and are essentially working up to it. With every wave, they introduce some new tooling and get a little more ambitious. The more successful this line is, the better the chances they can afford the tooling for something like a 24" tall dragon. For right now Blue Trogdor Aracagorr will have to suffice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Satam said:

The more successful this line is, the better the chances they can afford the tooling for something like a 24" tall dragon. For right now Blue Trogdor Aracagorr will have to suffice.

There are hundreds of figures in the line going on a decade now. with secondary prices in the hundreds of dollars for a very large number of them.  I think they succeeded. It sounds like it's time to  unleash the big dragon.

1 hour ago, obs said:

There are hundreds of figures in the line going on a decade now. with secondary prices in the hundreds of dollars for a very large number of them.  I think they succeeded. It sounds like it's time to  unleash the big dragon.

It's been five years since the first wave shipped to Kickstarter backers, and secondary market prices don't translate into direct sales for the company.  Somebody pays $300 for an Urzokk on Ebay, but the Horsemen only got $38 dollars for that same figure from the original buyer on Store Horsemen or even less through Kickstarter.  Nobody's saying it's not a successful line, though, and I have a feeling they may be saving the big dragon as the next big reveal for after the fourth horseman, Necroniminus. I'd be surprised if by this time next year, we haven't at least heard something substantial about it.
I don't know where you are, but they're at a con in New Jersey this weekend if you want to talk to them about it.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:31 PM, MRT said:

I thought they were gonna make a fully articulated dragon. Kinda disappointed now 😆

They do have plans on making a dragon. Thus far every character they've hinted at, they've done. One of the problems with the dragon is going to be how its shipped. If you look at the scale of the regular line, the Ogres, and then the Trolls, the dragon is gonna be scaled accordingly. They're not gonna do a Marvel Legends Ant-Man/Giant Man type, in comparison to the rest of the 6" line. They want to go more massive and more in scale with what they have. Something that massive is gonna require some serious packaging. Probably gonna have to come in 2 separate boxes.

Oh, and they also have one last Horseman to do (they have War, Famine, and just now Pestilence, so Death is last). Dragon will probably show after that.

• Thanks 1

The Sir Girard figure, named for Mythic Legions customizer and Four Horsemen Studos webmaster Jeremy Girard, was a Legions Con exclusive, but more will be available online this coming Saturday, 11/20/21, on Joe Veteri's and Jeremy Girard's Legions Shop  (I do not believe they will come signed like the example below, and that was done at the con this past weekend).
https://forums.toynewsi.com/uploads/monthly_2021_11/legioncon1.jpeg.JPG.c812fbdc895634639f791e587246d440.JPG