New Looks At The Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker - Will It Get Funded???

JayC

On 11/19/2021 at 8:12 PM, Satam said:

Emily's photo was taken behind the scenes at a shoot they did today, and they plan to post the official shots after Thanksgiving, so genuine side-by-sides may be coming in a week.

they are really pushing it because time is running out

there is no way any of the stretch goals will be met on this

I heard a rumor their other HasLab offerings are loosing lots of backers

I wonder if the same might happen to the Skystriker when time starts to run out & people realize the stretch goals they want won't happen

I backed the Skystriker the moment after it was announced. I really hope this new o-ring initiative takes off. Hasbro didn't do themselves or anyone else any favors by launching three HasLabs concurrently. I believe if they would have done one at a time, the HasLab they began with would already be funded and unlocking tiers. If you're an 80's kid the chances are pretty good that you love Star Wars, Ghostbusters, and G.I. Joe. Why Hasbro thought this was great idea is beyond me. At this point they're only getting my money for a Skystriker and that's only if it funds. 

• Thanks 1

Hasbro today released a third "Situation Report" video for their G.I. Joe 3 3/4" Haslab Skystiker. In today's video they give us a better look at the two pilots included with the jet with Ace and co-pilot Wayne Ruthel which is the first time we are getting him in the line. Ruthel was shown in the original boxart for the Skystriker but never included.

As of today the campaign which costs 229.99 has 5,632 of the minimum 10k needed in order for this vehicle to move into production. The campaign has just over 14 days to go before it ends. Check out some images from the video below. Assuming the Skystriker gets funded, you can also enter for a chance to win one for FREE in a contest we are running here on TNI. Click here for more details on that.

00-Ace.jpg

• Thanks 1

I definitely think the Skystriker is getting funded. Will it hit the extra tiers? I hope so... I don't think Hasbro can afford for it not to hit those tiers (even if they make up the needed backers). If these Haslab projects stop hitting their maximum stretch goals people are really going to think twice about supporting them.

I'd really love the skystriker, its a bit expensive.. but its very possible that this Lt. Ruthel figure will become the RAREST Gi Joe. So who knows?!

• Thanks 1

I am a huge fan of Star Wars, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. All properties of Hasbro. I backed the Barge, RazorCrest, and Victory Saber but I do believe Hasbro is not spacing these projects enough. Especially when u take the RazorCrest project and updates have been few and far between.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro today announced that the figures included with their Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker will come on individual retro card backs and include new updated file cards. Ace and Wayne Ruthel will be included automatically with the vehicle if it meets it's minimum backer goal of 10k. There will be a new Scarlett figure in flight suit released if the set reaches 13k backers, Stealth Suit Ripcord at 16k backers and Pit Crew which will share a file card at 18k backers.

With just 9 days to go before the campaign ends, it has just 5,798 backers. Many people i've seen online have been asking from Hasbro a side-by-side comparison of the new Skystriker and the original one giving folks a detailed look at the differences between the two vehicles. Something which Hasbro has yet to do.

While these campaigns often get sizeable jumps in backers in the final days, as we head into the home stretch the likely hood of this one reaching 18k to unlock all the stretch goals is seeming less and less likely to me, but I guess only time will tell.

QAndA-02.jpg

QAndA-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Hasbro today announced that the figures included with their Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker will come on individual retro card backs and include new updated file cards. Ace and Wayne Ruthel will be included automatically with the vehicle if it meets it's minimum backer goal of 10k. There will be a new Scarlett figure in flight suit released if the set reaches 13k backers, Stealth Suit Ripcord at 16k backers and Pit Crew which will share a file card at 18k backers.

With just 9 days to go before the campaign ends, it has just 5,798 backers. Many people i've seen online have been asking from Hasbro a side-by-side comparison of the new Skystriker and the original one giving folks a detailed look at the differences between the two vehicles. Something which Hasbro has yet to do.

While these campaigns often get sizeable jumps in backers in the final days, as we head into the home stretch the likely hood of this one reaching 18k to unlock all the stretch goals is seeming less and less likely to me, but I guess only time will tell.

QAndA-02.jpg

QAndA-03.jpg

These are great news since I know there are a lot of fans looking for this...

Hasbro has released a 4th Situation Report video for their Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker campaign highlighting the Wings, Landing Gear, Missiles And Display Stand. With just over 1 week to go before the campaign ends, it has 5,847 of the minimum 10k backers needed in order for Hasbro to move forward on it.

https://fb.watch/9CinvTUG-j/

As seen in the video, the wings are no longer connected to the landing gear like on the original toy. The landing gear is now released by pulling the tailhook on the back underside of the jet. The wings will expand by pulling a lever on the back topside of the jet like on the original toy. They also revealed the jet will come with two sets of tail fins, one set will be grey like on the original toy and the other set will be black to match what was seen on the box art.

00-AAB.jpg

00.jpg

• Thanks 1

My fingers are crossed on this one. I sincerely hope that this Skystriker makes it into production. I'll be happy with the minimum 10k backers, but I'd really be ecstatic if it reached the fourth tier to unlock those awesome ground crew figures. I'm still flabbergasted that Hasbro in their infinite wisdom decided to launch three HasLabs at the same time, and during the holiday season no less. I would love an oversized Rancor with Malikili figure and I would be stoked to own a proton pack, but alas I don't have that much disposal income to spend on myself and 350$-400$ is too pricey for my loved ones to spend on me. For now I will be happy if my pledged 230$ brings me an F-14 Tomcat next year along with classic GI Joe o-ring styled figures.

• Thanks 1

Today Hasbro G.I. Joe brand manager Emily did an interview with the folks at The Full Force Podcast where the topic of discussion was the Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker campaign. In the interview they showed off some images comparing the original 1983 Skystriker with the production model for the new one as well as a comparison of the 2011 version with the Haslab one.

With only 5 days left the campaign currently has 5,953 of the minimum 10k backers needed in order for this campaign to move forward.

During the course of the interview Emily indicated they might have one more add-on to throw in before the campaign ends at 11:59 PM EST on 12/07/2021. Whether they actually do, and when they might reveal it and what it might be remains to be seen. With only 5 days left and the campaign still needing over 4k backers to be funded, if they have something more up their sleeve to show us, they better think about going on and revealing it.

Skystriker-Comparison-02.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-01.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-03.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-04.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-05.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-06.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-07.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-08.jpg

Skystriker-Comparison-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

If anyone is interested in the Skystriker or on the fence, I highly recommend watching this video, because Emily goes over a lot.
A few of things of note:
-The Haslab Skystriker will indeed be painted white like the '80s version and have some premium deco as well as decals for customization.
-The Haslab Skystriker will come with two canopies for customization purposes.
-The campaign page on Hasbro Pulse mentions the new Skystriker will come with cloth parachutes instead of the crappy plastic parachutes that came with the older and less detailed toys, andEmily finally shows one of the new parachutes off here. These should be more durable.
-The engines are removable and detailed.

image.png
image.png

• Thanks 1

Hasbro has made one more addition for their Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker campaign. If the campaign reaches it's minimum goal of 10k backers by 11:59 PM EST on 12/07/2021 they will throw in three additional Cobra figures and an extra sticker decal sheet so you can make it a Cobra vehicle.

The three figures now included along with ACE and Wayne Ruthel will be Cobra Commander, Cobra Soldier and a Cobra Flight Crew member. Cobra Commander will feature “Mickey Mouse” variant symbol on his chest, something the very first Cobra Commander figures had back in the 80s.

So you get the Skystriker, 5 O-ring action figures, two support vehicles, lots of missiles and blast effects, parachutes, the stand and multiple decal sheets. The cost is $229.99.

With just a little over 4 days left the campaign currently has 6,203 backers. The addition of the Cobra figures seems to be helping with the Backer counter, so we will see if it's enough to push it over the line.

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 0.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 1.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 2.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 3.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 4.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 6.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 7.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover 8.jpg

Cobra-Skystriker-Makeover.jpg

• Thanks 1