ThunderCats Ultimates Wave 5 Tease With Pre-Orders Coming Soon

JayC

I'm still super excited about this Thudercats line. So far the attention to detail has been phenomenal so I don't mind waiting a little longer for the subsequent waves to show up. I'm not a big fan of variants which is what Mirror Lion-o sort of feels like to me. I don't remember the episode where that character shows up so I don't have a strong connection to it either. The only other figure I haven't loved is Captain Cracker.  He was just boring in action figure form, however, for the sake of completion I have, and will, order them all. I hope Super Seven continues this line as there's still tons of characters I'd love to have. Thanks for the awesome article.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayC said:

Super7 today has revealed their 5th wave of Ultimates ThunderCats figures which includes Evil Lion-O, Bengali, Vultureman and Hammerhead. These are up for pre-order now on Super7's website and will be available everywhere that sells Ultimates by 3pm ET including our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Originally based on info I had seen there was also going to be a fifth figure and vehicle released in this wave but looks like was held back and not listed today. I guessing it was what was causing the delays for this wave from being revealed and put up for pre-order for the last week or so.

Here is how the wave breaks down:

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Lion-O [Mirror]
“It has my strength. My cunning. It is my equal in every way!” Lion-O finds out the hard way that an evil mirror image of himself might be his toughest opponent yet! This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of the mirror Lion-O comes with the tell-tale red costume, along with interchangeable heads & hands as well as multiple accessories, including two different Swords of Omens and four different Claw Shields! With all-new tooling, Mirror Lion-O features pinless elbows and knees. We’re often our own worst enemies, but in Lion-O’s case that’s definitely literally true! You’re not seeing double, but you will want to see the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Lion-O (Mirror) figure reflected in your collection!

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral expression
Fierce expression
8x interchangeable hands
2x Expressive hands
2x Fist hands
2x Sword gripping hands (vertical)
2x Sword gripping hands (horizontal)
2x Sword of Omens
1x Extended form
1x Dagger form
4x Claw Shield
1x Open hand (belt storage)
1x Open hand
1x Fist
1x Claw with posable grappling hook

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Bengali
One of the few survivors from Thundera, the honorary ThunderCat Bengali is such a skilled blacksmith that he can reforge the Sword of Omens! This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Bengali features premium decoration, interchangeable heads & hands as well as multiple accessories, including the Hammer of Thundera and a forged Sword of Omens! Adept at both wielding and fabricating weapons, the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Bengali will be an invaluable addition to your collection.

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Fierce head
8x interchangeable hands
2x Open hands
2x Fists
2x Gripping hands (vertical hinge)
2x Gripping hands (horizontal hinge)
1x Hammer of Thundera
1x Sword of Omens (Forged)
1x Anvil
1x Pedestal
1x Piece of Ore

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Hammerhead
Hammerhand is an evil half-human, half-robot pirate who has a huge cybernetic arm and eats unicorns! Does it get any more metal than that? This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Hammerhand features interchangeable heads & hands and multiple accessories, including his Net Gun! One look at the made-to-order ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Hammerhand figure shows why when leading his Berserkers, Hammerhand fears no opponent!

Accessories:

2 x Interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Angry head
4x interchangeable hands
1x Fist hand
1x Gripping hand
1x Trigger finger hand
1x Open hand
2x interchangeable robotic hands
1x Open hand
1x Closed fist
1x Net Gun
2x Pouches

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Vultureman
Most of the Mutants are not exactly the brightest bulbs, but Vultureman is the exception and he knows it. An opportunist to the core, he won't hesitate to pursue his own ends at the expense of his dim-witted, unappreciative cohorts. This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Vultureman features premium decoration, interchangeable heads & hands as well as a veritable tool kit of accessories! Vultureman definitely thinks he’d probably be better off alone, but once you see the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Vultureman figure you’re going to want to thwart his dream and add him to your collection.

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Fierce head
6x interchangeable hands
2x Open hands
2x Gripping hands
2x Weapon hands
1x Claw Staff
1x The Shifter
1x Mutant Gun
1x Voice Imitator
1x Super Potion
1x Screwdriver
1x Wrench
1x Pliers
1x Goggles

00.jpg

Wow these look awesome. Love the red on evil Lion-O. I can't believe they did Vultureman, finally! And hammerhead guy I remember but cannot remember if this was his name. Definitely going to preorder this wave from BBTS. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Are we sure there is a fifth coming?

At the moment no. But since it looks like their original plans were for 5. Its plausible that S7 will open preorders for the fifth figure and vehicle at a later time.

Even possibly as a wave 6...since they've done waves with only one and two figures before (Conan). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

See with them not announcing a fifth I presumed it was cancelled.  Or that they were talking about Bengalis anvil

It's really an Anvil an item for licensing discussion? What?, the anvil was always property of the Looney Tunes? This Anvil theory sounds very bogus to me...

21 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Oh I have no idea what the item was that delayed things.  The weird fork for vulture man maybe???  I just meant I assumed the anvil was the big accessory since there wasn't a fifth item announced.

JayC mentioned there is a 5th figure and a vehicle so non of these figures are related to the delay I assume...😎

• 2 weeks later...