ThunderCats Ultimates Wave 5 Tease With Pre-Orders Coming Soon

JayC

Super7 today dropped a tease for their 5th wave of Ultimates ThunderCats which included this image of what appears to be Lion-O and the quote that says “It has my strength. My cunning. It is my equal in every way!”.

I believe the quote comes from Lion-O during the episode titled "Mirror" where he faces an evil red clone of himself. This is likely what the figure in the image is. They say pre-orders will be coming soon which might mean as soon as next week. When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

ThunderCats-Wave-5.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gold1983 said:

Wait a minute. This almost looks more like a  “Thundercats origins Lion-O”  more than classics. Interesting.

Yeah, it does look like that a bit. Interesting.

6 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

I just have been so disheartened by the wait for Tygra and Cheetara.

I don't mind the wait, as much as these cost.

I am canceling all my preorders from entertainment earth. Got a notification the other day slythe was ready to ship. They tried charging me the price of the figure plus almost 75 dollars in shipping!!! F that 148 dollars for one figure is not worth it and if they think they are going to do that to me with every figure they are crazy!

2 hours ago, Mischief009 said:

I am canceling all my preorders from entertainment earth. Got a notification the other day slythe was ready to ship. They tried charging me the price of the figure plus almost 75 dollars in shipping!!! F that 148 dollars for one figure is not worth it and if they think they are going to do that to me with every figure they are crazy!

I never preorder from EE. Check out Dorksidetoys or BBTS. Their prices & shipping rates are very reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few delays, Super7 has said that pre-orders will definitely be opening up this coming Monday (11/22) for their 5th wave of Ultimates ThunderCats figures.

So what might we expect to see from this wave? Well you may recall earlier this month they teased a new Lion-O figure which will be painted red to represent his evil clone version that appeared in the episode "Mirror".

Based on info I have seen, I would say that one is going to be the least exciting figure in the wave. There will be 4 other figures in the wave and a type of vehicle as well. We saw Super7 jump to 5 figures in a wave with their other lines recently like Power Rangers and TMNT, and it looks like ThunderCats will be getting the same treatment. It's not entirely clear to me if the vehicle will be included with one of the figures in the wave or sold separately like we saw Super7 do in their second wave of SilverHawks where they sold Mon*Star's Transforming Throne as a separate piece. My guess, and this is a guess, they will sell the vehicle separately.

We can also expect another member of the Mutants to be released in this wave, and probably my favorite of the bunch. I think birds of a feather will flock together on that one. We can expect to see at least one good guy and one bad guy included in the wave. One I think has been requested by a number of fans while the other will continue to hammer home the point that Super7 is willing bring us all types of characters seen throughout every region of Third Earth. Even though their initial tease for this wave wasn't as exciting as I think some where hoping for and the wait for the reveals have been long, come Monday I think ThunderCats fans will be driven into a berserker rage of excitement, so get your wallets ready.

ThunderCats-Ultimates-Evil-Lion-O 1.jpg

ThunderCats-Ultimates-Evil-Lion-O.jpg

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

So Evil Lion-O, Vulture Man, Bengali and Mandora w/ her bike? And the supposed reason for the delayed revealed: Safari Joe.

I will tell you from what I have seen, Safari Joe is not in this wave and never was.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JayC said:

I will tell you from what I have seen, Safari Joe is not in this wave and never was.

Oh that's interesting. You mentioned berserker in the article..so Hammerhand..? but no idea other than that. 

So if no Safari Joe, I take it that the reveal delay, was due to Warner Bros. taking issue with Vulture Man or Mandora's gun? 

• Thanks 1

Super7 today has revealed their 5th wave of Ultimates ThunderCats figures which includes Evil Lion-O, Bengali, Vultureman and Hammerhead. These are up for pre-order now on Super7's website and will be available everywhere that sells Ultimates by 3pm ET including our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Originally based on info I had seen there was also going to be a fifth figure and vehicle released in this wave but looks like was held back and not listed today. I guessing it was what was causing the delays for this wave from being revealed and put up for pre-order for the last week or so.

Here is how the wave breaks down:

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Lion-O [Mirror]
“It has my strength. My cunning. It is my equal in every way!” Lion-O finds out the hard way that an evil mirror image of himself might be his toughest opponent yet! This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of the mirror Lion-O comes with the tell-tale red costume, along with interchangeable heads & hands as well as multiple accessories, including two different Swords of Omens and four different Claw Shields! With all-new tooling, Mirror Lion-O features pinless elbows and knees. We’re often our own worst enemies, but in Lion-O’s case that’s definitely literally true! You’re not seeing double, but you will want to see the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Lion-O (Mirror) figure reflected in your collection!

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral expression
Fierce expression
8x interchangeable hands
2x Expressive hands
2x Fist hands
2x Sword gripping hands (vertical)
2x Sword gripping hands (horizontal)
2x Sword of Omens
1x Extended form
1x Dagger form
4x Claw Shield
1x Open hand (belt storage)
1x Open hand
1x Fist
1x Claw with posable grappling hook

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Bengali
One of the few survivors from Thundera, the honorary ThunderCat Bengali is such a skilled blacksmith that he can reforge the Sword of Omens! This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Bengali features premium decoration, interchangeable heads & hands as well as multiple accessories, including the Hammer of Thundera and a forged Sword of Omens! Adept at both wielding and fabricating weapons, the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Bengali will be an invaluable addition to your collection.

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Fierce head
8x interchangeable hands
2x Open hands
2x Fists
2x Gripping hands (vertical hinge)
2x Gripping hands (horizontal hinge)
1x Hammer of Thundera
1x Sword of Omens (Forged)
1x Anvil
1x Pedestal
1x Piece of Ore

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Hammerhead
Hammerhand is an evil half-human, half-robot pirate who has a huge cybernetic arm and eats unicorns! Does it get any more metal than that? This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Hammerhand features interchangeable heads & hands and multiple accessories, including his Net Gun! One look at the made-to-order ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Hammerhand figure shows why when leading his Berserkers, Hammerhand fears no opponent!

Accessories:

2 x Interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Angry head
4x interchangeable hands
1x Fist hand
1x Gripping hand
1x Trigger finger hand
1x Open hand
2x interchangeable robotic hands
1x Open hand
1x Closed fist
1x Net Gun
2x Pouches

ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 5 - Vultureman
Most of the Mutants are not exactly the brightest bulbs, but Vultureman is the exception and he knows it. An opportunist to the core, he won't hesitate to pursue his own ends at the expense of his dim-witted, unappreciative cohorts. This 7” scale fully articulated ThunderCats ULTIMATES! figure of Vultureman features premium decoration, interchangeable heads & hands as well as a veritable tool kit of accessories! Vultureman definitely thinks he’d probably be better off alone, but once you see the ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Vultureman figure you’re going to want to thwart his dream and add him to your collection.

Accessories:

2x interchangeable heads
Neutral head
Fierce head
6x interchangeable hands
2x Open hands
2x Gripping hands
2x Weapon hands
1x Claw Staff
1x The Shifter
1x Mutant Gun
1x Voice Imitator
1x Super Potion
1x Screwdriver
1x Wrench
1x Pliers
1x Goggles

00.jpg

• Thanks 1

Dang, im actually not very impressed. I  like the new lion-o headsculpt but the body still has those squat proportions. Lion-o is supposed to be 6'5".

Speaking of that, looks like theres some scaling issues with Vultureman, hes towering over everone. And disappointed that he doesn't have that gnarly texture that the LJN toy had. I know these are supposed to be cartoon-based but they gave Slithe similar texture to the LJN toy so why not vultureman.

48 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

I really do like Bengali but after wave two and three.... I just think I don't care anymore.  Is anyone else burned out on the issues with this line?

I have no problems with this line since this is not my only line to collect so I can wait for them... I already pre-ordered all the other waves and this one will be next on my list to order... I used to have the Mattel club figures and sold them all because they didn't continue the line so when Super 7 got the license, I decided not to let pass the opportunity to have as much Thundercats as I can...😀✌️🦁

Vultureman is a must buy for me. Bengali most likely. Hammerhead I did not expect to want but I think I do now after seeing the figure. I don't need Mirror Lion-O, but...

Does Pinless Mirror Lion-O mean Lion-O v2 will be pinless, or will we have to wait for v3 for that?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Vultureman is a must buy for me. Bengali most likely. Hammerhead I did not expect to want but I think I do now after seeing the figure. I don't need Mirror Lion-O, but...

Does Pinless Mirror Lion-O mean Lion-O v2 will be pinless, or will we have to wait for v3 for that?

Maybe a V2 in line colors?