Want To Win A G.I. Joe Haslab Skystriker For Free???

JayC

Yo Joe! This was the best part of coming home from school growing up. My mom worked late and so there was no one at home. GI Joe was there for me and with the PSAs it was like you also go some advice as well as entertainment. I never had the skystriker growing up as it was too expensive, I mostly just had figures. This looks amazing!

I don't remember when I got my first G.I Joe. I think it it was probably my brothers. But I still remember all the great times I had playing Joes with my Bros! It was so awesome we are still doing it today. What does G.I Joe mean to me? ...It means Love man.

• Thanks 1

To me GI Joe means a satisfying creative outlet. When I was a kid I started taking apart the figures and putting them back together in new ways with my best friend. Then I got some cheap paints and started painting them. Many years later I'm still customizing and parts swapping multiple lines and it really gives me a creative groove so I am thrilled the Haslab Skystriker comes with tons of options and extra parts.

• Thanks 1

G.I. Joe is most defiantly one of my favorite all time Loves and is one the many Sole reasons that I personally joined and served in The United States Army "Nuff Said". I grew up reading the original Comics. while Playing with the original figures, Vehicles and Playsets, while also watching the original Cartoon Series and Animated Movie. I unfortunately and most recently have indeed fallen on Real Hard Financial troubles and times. So unfortunately at this very moment in time I will not be able to either afford or back this Amazing current Haslab Project or purchase one of these Amazing Skystrikers for myself and my Vintage G.I. Joe Collection. Believe me when I personally say that I really wish that I could truly help and that I had the money to both purchase and back this current Haslab Project. So my only current hope in getting one of these Amazing Skystrikers is to enter this contest and hope that you pick me for this Truly Amazing Prize that you are giving away. I am currently on both my hands and knees and begging you to please both pick me and help this Retired Military Veteran out in getting his Skystriker for his collection. Please your currently my only hope in both acquiring and getting one of these things. Yo Joe! a message from a G.I. Joe Fan and an Army Veteran: Jonathan Lee Clifford (Rank E-5)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MagnaPrime said:

Good luck everyone.  Joe isn't my fandom really so I'm gonna bow out.  But wishing y'all luck.

Then there's no need to say anything. Because comments like this, which aren't actually answers to the question "What does GI Joe mean to you?" just get deleted.

Reminder to everyone: The only thing any member should be posting here is what GI Joe means to them. Nothing else. Nothing else counts as a valid entry, is off topic, and TNI staff will pull it to make sure this thread is composed of entries only, so that Jay doesn't have to navigate a bunch of other stuff when trying to pick a winner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gi joe is such an awesome and influential toy brand. To me it is a great realistic toyline I enjoyed growing up. I grew up with it being an integral part of my childhood. I was born in 2000, so I was fortunate to get the the 25th line and I was given the 30th skystriker as a Christmas present.  As an aviation enthusiasts, the F-14 Tomcat is my favorite airframe of all time. It is definitely the reason I still collect GIJOE, to this day. The Night boomer came out and I had to get that one. It went from there going back and buying the 25th rattlers and x-30s and some other aircraft as well as some support vehicles. Added the 50th Skystriker, Sky Patrol Skystriker, and the SDCC Cobra Scythe. Anyway, the short of it is the Skystriker is an amazing piece and is instrumental to my upbringing and collection.

On a side note, thank yall for the opportunity to win a free Skystriker. 

Yall are awesome

I can still remember the day I bought my first G.I. Joe figure.  I had went on a field trip at school and my parents gave me three dollars to spend on something if I saw something I wanted.  I ended up not buying anything and that afternoon when my mom picked me up from the babysitter's house I asked her if we could stop at Maxway on the way home.  They had a whole row of figures that seemed to stretch up the wall of the store.  I picked Airborne (the helicopter assault trooper).  Can't remember why I picked him, but he was my first Joe.  Still holds a special place in my heart. Even after many years and many Joes, he still ranks as one of my favorites.  Yo Joe!

G.I. Joe represents the ultimate version of different people coming together for the betterment of humanity.  G.I. Joe seeks the differences in others in order to make the collective strong enough to overcome the worst kind of evil.  No matter how horrible the situation gets, G.I. Joe can build a team whose strengths are derived from the very differences within the team, and those differences create bonds every bit as strong as family.  To me, G.I. Joe means family.  

For me, GI Joe is about playing toys with my friends when I was young. None of us grew up with lots of money, so me and the boys in the neighborhood would split up who buys what and then share the toys. I would mostly get Ninja Turtles and my neighbor mostly got Joes. We would meet up many times a week and play together and swap toys. This allowed us to play with more toys then we were able to afford and worked great (except for loosing accessories). It was a lot of fun. If I didn't do this with my friends, then I would have only been able to play with a few Joes and wouldn't have the appreciation for them that I do now.

Thanks for putting on this contest. It is truly wonderful

For me, "GI Joe: A Real American Hero" was in a league of its own. Being a true child of the 80s, I have vivid memories of running home from school, throwing my backpack on the floor, grabbing a snack  before plopping my tail in front of the old 27 inch Zenith- eagerly waiting for the show to air. Although there were so many great cartoons in that era, nothing compared to G.I. Joe. I literally loved EVERYTHING about it; from its fun stories, memorable characters, iconic designs and THE TOYS, The toys, what an amazing vehicle for creativity. The ability to live out and expand the adventure with family and friends was the hallmark of those toys. It fostered comradery, new friendships, loyalty and a child’s imagination. It developed the kind of imaginative thinking that at least for me, followed me into adulthood. In fact, G.I. Joe was one of the driving forces that propelled me into a career in the arts, namely TV production and in recent years, 3D modeling. A few years back, I decided to digitally model two of my favorite Joes. You can find them below. The project was kind of a love letter to the series. So to say the show had a HUGE impact on my life would be an understatement. I can only hope that any new iteration of the brand will at the very least keep the spirit of the classic, so that future generations can share the same kind of wonder I experienced.

-Felix/Tecrom Designs

Duke from GI Joe.jpg

Snake Eyes Concept of G.I. Joe.jpg

• Thanks 1

While Kenner Star Wars was my first toy love as a kid, GI Joe were they toys that stuck with me the most. I still remember getting my 1982 Breaker and being hooked from there.  GI Joe issue 11 was my first comic and my gateway into comics. We moved around a lot when I was a kid and lived on college campuses when I was young, so I didn't get to spend much time with kids my age outside of school, so GI Joe and the other toys of that era were what got my through. Christmas morning, birthdays, first communion (Storm Shadow was one of the gifts) and other special events, GI Joe was there. When we moved for the last time, the first toy I got as a "housewarming gift" was Serpentor. The figures, vehicles and playsets had so much playability indoors and outdoors and between the comics and TV show, there was no lack of interesting and relatable characters. The 80's were a golden age of toys and to me, GI Joe was the gold standard of that era. 

• Thanks 1

awesome giveaway thanks for doing this!

g.i. Joe always meant a lot to me when I was a kid. totally fell in love with the cartoon, would even wake up at 5 or 6 am on week days to see reruns of the cartoon when I could, as it seems the times and channels were always moving when it was on. G.I. Joe was probably my first major love affair with a toy line. The articulation was so starkly different from most action figures at the time, no matter the line, most other action figures had just 5 points or less with articulation, G.I. Joe was just a revelation for my action and kung-fu loving mind at the time. Incredible characters, super cool realistic weapons, good vs evil, they had everything going. I always used to pour over the art and file cards even before I could read well, and of course kept all of them when I picked up a new figure. One of the great joys of my Joe collecting was being able to mail away for your own figure, a Steel Brigade figure where you made his biography and his specialties! I also remember they used to have the 3 3/4 figures for sale at the shop n save when I was a kid, they were like $4, and I would always go to the grocery store toy aisle and indeed picked up many a figure from the grocery store back in the day. Grocery stores with toy aisles anybody?? I also got super lucky with the garage sales, and picked up a huge lot of g.i. joes twice from garage sales, and even a couple vehicles, which without a doubt made up at the bulk of my collection. I was very lucky to get a bunch of mid and late 80s figures from these garage sales, (I was born in 1985). I didn't ever have many vehicles because they were always rather expensive especially comparatively to the figures, but I always absolutely loved the figures. They had army guys + ninjas, it was the perfect sweet spot for 80s and 90s kids. I also had a couple of other friends who were into G.I. Joes and they were fortunate enough to be able to get many of the vehicles, and it was always a great day playing with my buddies, envying each other's hoards, and what to ask our parents for next. One of those buds passed away when we were about 16, and when I think of him I still think of G.I. Joe, and Billy Madison, as that was like his favorite movie at the time, ha! Classic teenagers. So glad they're having a (third, fourth?) renaissance again!

• Thanks 1

I’m a huge toy collector with 10s of thousands of action figures , play sets, and vehicles in my collection spreading a wide variety of franchises, but GI Joe has consistently been my number #1 since 1984 (in 82 and 83 there were other franchises competing for the top spot but Joe firmly claimed it in 84 and kept it).  

• Thanks 1

G.I. Joe means a lot to me, and I also collect a vast selection of G.I. Joe toys myself! I was 5 years old when my dad bought me my first G.I. Joe figures, then for Christmas when I was 8, he gave me an Xbox 360 with G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Ever since then I've seen every movie, and now in my early 20's I can collect the toys I've wanted since I was a teenager. It would be great if I could win this

• Thanks 1

As a kid growing up with an older brother who introduced me to Gi Joe through the snake eyes Character. I always carried both snake eyes and storm shadow with me everywhere i went. I remember for my birthday in 2013 my dad had gifted me a snake eyes mask and watched Gi Joe retaliation the same day.  Gi joe was a big part of my childhood and snake eyes will be one of my favorite fictional characters existing to this day. Not a huge to collector but if i were to win this it would probably become something that i would pass down to my kids as an heirloom. 

• Thanks 1

GI JOE allowed me to create my own adventures as kid, in one moment we were on a special mission catching the bad guys then in another we were feeling so good we saved the world (me and my GI JOE action figures), so grateful for them! 

• Thanks 1

For me, GI Joe means memories of simpler times. GI Joe was my childhood. Every time I enter my Joe room and look at my collection I’m taken back to memories of being in my childhood bedroom with my brothers, spending hours choosing our squad and setting up our bases. We didn’t have much, but every birthday and Christmas we’d ask for Joes and we’d always get a few figures and maybe even a smaller vehicle on Christmas. A few years ago one of my kids got me a 25th Eel for Christmas. When I opened it I had a vivid flashback of opening an original Eel back in ‘85. The joy and excitements I had a a child came flooding back and I felt just like a little kid again. I’m in my forties and I still play with toys. Why? Because it makes me happy. 

• Thanks 1

GI joe doesn’t mean much to me, but my dad always talks about how he would always ask for GI Joe figures and his parents couldn’t afford them. Always telling me stories about how he would go over to his neighbors to play with them. Would be dope to give this to him!

• Thanks 1

• JayC locked this topic