Want To Win A G.I. Joe Haslab Skystriker For Free???

JayC

We are so excited for the return of 3 3/4" O-Ring G.I. Joe figures and the newly announced Haslab G.I. Joe Skystriker project we have decided to buy one and give it away to one lucky reader. Being the Skystriker is an army-builder type vehicle, even if you plan on buying one yourself, who couldn't use a second one?

Of course this prize will be dependent on the Haslab project being fully funded. I don't think that's going to be a problem being that less than three days in the campaign already has 3,876 backers of the minimum 10k backers needed to be fully funded and the campaign has over 43 days left to go as I type this. If by some remote chance the project is not funded then sadly you will not win anything.

So what do you have to do in order to be entered for a chance to win? First you have to be a registered member of these FORUMS. Second you will need to be 18 years or older and live or have a mailing address in the geographic area that Haslab delivers to. If you win we will simply give Haslab your name and mailing address when we buy it and they will end up shipping it direct to you when they have it ready.

Finally you will want to post a comment in this THREAD telling us what G.I. Joe MEANS TO YOU between now and the end of day on November 25, 2021. Once you do that your name will be entered into a drawing and one name will be picked to win the Skystriker.  It will be one entry per person and the answers can be long or short. We ask you not try and make multiple accounts to try and enter more than once because we will be looking for that. The drawing will be held on November 26, 2021 and the winner will be contacted by me (JayC) via Private Message here on the message boards. The person who is picked will then have 48hrs to claim their prize by responding to my PM. Once that happens we will announce the winner here. You should get an email when someone PM's you on here, but those can sometimes go into your SPAM folder so you may just want to make sure you remind yourself to come back here and check your inbox during that 48hr time period.

Good luck to everyone and YOJoe!

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 1.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 2.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 3.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 4.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 5.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 6.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 7.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 8.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 9.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 10.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 11.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 12.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01 13.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 1.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 2.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 3.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 4.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 5.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 6.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 7.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 8.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 9.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 10.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20 11.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-20.jpg

Hasbro-Pulse-Con-GIJoe-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Woah I would love to win this :)  I grew up with Action force not Gi Joe but I knew who Joe was as it was changed to Gi Joe international forces when I was collecting I had and original skystriker back in the day but with AF deco  but also growing up with movies like Topgun and eagle force my imagination of dog fights with cobra was set sadly cobra only managed to have a fang copter to combat my striker 🤣

• Thanks 1

This is awesome! Thank you for the giveaway!

GI Joe along was, along with other 80s cartoons, such a big part of my childhood, and I wished I would've been able to afford this vehicle when it came out back in the day, always dreamed about having this along with the USS Flagg to play with!

Thank you again for the giveaway, and good luck to everyone!

• Thanks 1

It's hard to say what G.I. Joe means to me since I grew up at a time when it was less prominent. Still at the time I honestly loved the Sigma Six show and toylines as well as the first live action movie. Now Classified Series is one of my favorite lines too even though some figures have been difficult to get.

• Thanks 1

G.I.Joe was the first toy line I fell in love with. I mean I was into Star Wars and the action figures, I called them my men at the time, but admittedly, I didn't have a lot of toys from the line. When GIJoe first came out with the commercial for the comics I was totally into it and was immediately hoping I could somehow get at least one. I wasn't getting a lot of toys at this time due to lack of funds. Times were tough. My mom and dad had just separated. And when they did, my mom basically became the sole provider for the family. Needless to say, after bills and groceries there wasn't much left for toys. But even though my dad took off after the separation, my grandfather, my dad's dad, would do his best to fill that void especially when it came to getting gifts. So that Christmas when GIJoe came out my Grandfather got me almost the entire "Original 13". Then the next Christmas he got me even more. I believe that was the year I actually got the Skystriker. That thing was the highlight of my childhood as far as toys go. But my Grandfather would always get me GIJoe as gifts. Christmas' I got GIJoe. Birthdays I got GIJoe. Good report card, more GIJoe. He knew how much I loved Joe and he would even do the mail aways for me. I remember getting the M.A.N.T.A. That thing was awesome. I still remember one of my fondest moments of my grandfather and Joe. One day he came by to visit. We lived in a housing complex and in order to let people in the building when they came by I would have to come out the apartment and go downstairs to let them in because the buzzer never worked. So my Grandfather comes by one day, I go down the stairs to let him in. I'm behind him as he is walking up the stairs. And in his back pocket he has a small box. I knew immediately it was the mail away Duke. I knew it was Duke because I had been desperately waiting weeks for him to come in. Talk a bout a kid in a candy store ..

So my love for Joe has always been tied to my relationship with my grandfather. He passed away back in 97 and I miss him a lot. But Everytime I think of GIJoe I think of him. And when Hasbro revealed the Retro Joes with the O-rings I felt a little bit like that was my Daddy Bo sending me another Joe for my birthday. Which is tomorrow ironically.

I am not putting this out there necessarily in hopes of winning the contest. I mean it would be awesome if I did. But I really just wanted to share this story and let y'all know what Joe means to me. 

RIP Daddy Bo. Yo Joe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for running this awesome contest! G.I. Joe was an important part of my childhood, see when the relaunch of the franchise happened in 1982 I was just a kid. It was amazing to see a figure with as much articulation as these Joe's had and they certainly captivated me and many others. The playsets were simply put amazing! I was lucky enough to have gotten the Terror Drome and many of the vehicles. These made fantastic army builders what with the very consumer friendly prices. 

My friends thought how truly cool these new Joe's were. My absolute favorite character was and still is Cobra Commander, I mean how great was this classic villan. He was one of the main baddies of the 80's for sure. They also made perfect pocket figures to take to school with me, I made a few new friends showing off my new Joe's. 

G.I. Joe was and still remains one of the most influential toylines ever and to have been a part of its growth in the 80's was truly awesome. The cartoon was what gave these figures personality and had millions of kids including myself clamoring for Hasbros founding franchise. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for doing this...good luck everyone. :)  

To me, G.I. Joe is about heroes fighting villains in a modern(ish) setting. I really liked the early years where things looked a lot more military, but even later on, it was about teamwork to me...about men and women willing to fight against terrorism and tyranny. The Skystriker was one of my favorites...many happy memories of swooshing the big Joe and Cobra planes around the house and the yard engaged in battle. 

Yo Joe! 

• Thanks 1

This is an awesome giveaway. I got goosebumps just reading about it. G.I. Joe brings back so many memories partly because the Sky Striker was the very first Joe toy I received as a kid. What followed was an avalanche of memories of me pretending to be Ace and flying through Cobra territory destroying anything in its path. To this day I still have the plane but most of the accessories are missing. It would be a thrill to have this new Sky Striker. My 8 year old self will thank you.

• Thanks 1

To me, G.I.Joe means a lot of ups and downs.   I was addicted to collecting and spent way beyond my means and almost went bankrupt.  In the span of 1 year, I bought almost the entire Joe line because I was depressed after breaking up with my gf of 3 years.  I had sold my collection at the time when I was with her and within the year of breaking up almost bought the entire collection.  I was lucky someone bailed me out of the mess.

Now, I buy within my means, but G.I.Joe is still the leading toy line I collect.  I would love the Skystriker, but I cannot put down this amount on one toy as I have to really watch what I buy so I don't get back into the situation I was in 14 years ago.  

• Thanks 1

Wow! What Gijoe means to me is adventure and knowing  right from wrong. Knowing  to think with your mind and never give up. I grew up watching  the  cartoon  in the 80s and started  reading  the  comics in the late 80s. I owned just about every  action figure and most of the vehicles. With the only vehicle  I never owned was the USS Flagg because  we moved  around  so much. My dad was the ultimate  Gijoe  for me. He was an Air force pilot flying  C130s in the 70s and 80s and retiring  in 1989. My dad was also like Viper in Top Gun he trained pilots to dog fight in the mid to late 70s. Gijoe means to me knowing  is half the battle  and the most important  weapon  is your mind. I own the animated movie on DVD and still enjoy the PSA announcements. I would  love to own this  Skystriker  haslab.

Knowing  is half the Battle! Yo  Joe!

• Thanks 1

To me G.I. Jo will always be about the ridiculous and over the top villains they had.  Both in their designs and the voice acting.  They always put a smile on my face.  I was never concerned the Joes wouldn't kick their butts, but I always came back to find out what weird, zany plans team Danger Noodle was going to come up with next.  That goofiness has followed me all the way into my career as an artist and animator and I am grateful for it.

• Thanks 1

Gi Joe (as well as WWF) was a huge and long running part of my childhood. I can even remember back to the animated commercials for the comicbook coming out first and thinking "This looks cool too bad there arent toys for this" lol.

Anyway, gradually got into the line and would get more and more figures from each successive wave as the 80s went on. Did the mail order figures from hooded Cobra Commander to up to Super Trooper. Lost interest after '89 but as an adult years later would dabble..mainly anything having to do with Cobra Commander, Destro, Zartan and a couple of others. 

Oh yeah, almost forgot lol...I got the opportunity to draw some GI Joe comic book covers for IDW about 10 years ago so that was really cool to be involved in some minor way.

So yeah those are my Joe credentials lol and have to add this I've been really enjoying this GI Joe renaissance even if I still haven't lucked out getting a Viper at retail cost yet.

• Thanks 1

FYI, any replies to this thread from members who are not actually saying what GI Joe means to them not only will not count but will also be deleted. @BradD Your reply was deleted, but please feel free to post again and tell us what GI Joe means to you if you want a chance to win.

• Thanks 1

GIJoe has been a great bonding tool for my son and me. He just turned 7 and insisted on having a GI Joe birthday party. My wife and I frantically searched for everything GI joe we could find and thankfully my parents still had all of my toys from the 80s and 90s RAH line. Walker, my son, lives the retro line where I go more towards the Classified line. We have spent many hours lining up our troops to “battle”. Being able to add the Skystricker to our vehicles and troops would be a dream come true. We use my Ghost X-16 as our only plane now, a second one, would make his day. I keep expecting to hear him add this to his Santa Wish List. Being able to do that would help. I surprised him 2 years ago with the 25th anniversary figures that came out. Thank you for my consideration for this awesome toy. 

• Thanks 1

GI Joe means a touch of reality to me. When I was a kid most of the cartoons were related to magic, super heroes, robots but GI Joe stayed in the real world I was leaving at the time and that's what appealed to me... Having a multidisciplinary team with different ethnicities was like wow, I can be like one them when I grow up. Thanks to that and with effort I became a mix between Mainframe and Dial Tone in my profession.

Thank you for the opportunity JayC to participate...😃✌️

GI Joe means fond memories of Sears Wishbooks with full spreads of amazing battle scenes including the newest characters and vehicles that pitted Joe vs. Cobra in the fight to defend the world from tyranny! Oh what great dreams were born from those images as I allowed my imagination to roam free as a child of the 80's.

• Thanks 1

I had very few G.I. Joes growing up. I'd go to my friends house to play with Joes. And he would come to my house to play with transformers. I've been buying Joes and the Walmart retro Jose vehicles. Buying Joes I never had as a kid has been great.  

• Thanks 1

Some of the best media memories of the 80's for me are reading G.I. Joe comic books, running home from school to watch the cartoon at 4pm and playing with all of my figures. Collecting the new Retro and Classified series has been awesome.

• Thanks 1

I love Gijoe as a kid always asking my Mom to buy me 1 everytime I got good grades and one of the few reasons why I decided to be an artist. As I grew up things went differently as my mom wanted me to be. Grew up had  jobs that I hated up until I decided to pursue my passion in sculpting which was a result of me drawing Gijoes and playing with them, Now I am greatful to the people that inspired and help me to be who I am today. I am now a digital sculptor making toys but not GIJOE's but still in line with toys. Gijoe was a huge part of my childhood, I don't go outside of the house that much I jjust play with gijoes akk day in my room with ny brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1