Important review of Things From Another World; do not pre-order from them

NaytNavare

I am posting this feedback with no shortage of frustration. These events are as honest, and full, as I can manage. I have screenshots proving these efforts, if requested.

I wanted to order the GI Joe Free Comic Book Day Minimate set; I intended for regular shipping. I am sure I selected regular shipping and made my order through Things From Another World. I had previously purchased toys and collectibles, from them, before.

On Thursday, 10/14, I was notified of a $65 (approx) charge on my account. I reviewed the charge, and sent e-mails to the company asking them to stop the charge, to explain the charge, etc. Upon further review and investigation, I found that an ‘overnight FedEx’ shipping charge of approx $40 was the selected shipping method. I refuted this in an e-mail to the company, Things From Another World (TFAW).

Upon Friday night (it may have been midnight Thursday), thinking of how happy I would be to finally get these toys and the charge had already hit my account, I e-mailed them, saying that, fine, I will make do, as the toys should be there that day. However, I was given a response, effectively telling me I selected the wrong shipping method, and that I should be more careful in the future. As this response found me later in the day, and I had no product, I reached back out and stated, quote, “I would be fine discussing cancelation and refund, if that is possible at this time.” As the ‘overnight shipping’ was not what it stated to be, I had decided the $40 was neither worth it, and as I had not asked for it in the first place, if they could not even provide the product in that timeframe, I would absolutely not want to be charged this amount.

I did not receive a reply, despite any further attempted contacts, at that time, not until I received an automated note Saturday eve, rather late, that they item had just then shipped. Please note, tracking on FedEx shows it was not given to the carrier until Monday, 10/18, regardless.

Upset that my attempt to cancel on Friday went ignored, that this charge for $40 shipping was neither verified by their customer service (barring their ‘oh, you did’ commentary), and that their processing time made the ‘next day’ shipping impossible, I grew very upset, and started a dispute process with my bank.

Monday passed, no item.

I tried to find a method of return and refund, but their customer service agent, Max, stated the best he could do was for me to pay for return shipping, get the product to them, they could return 85% back to me for the product (if they find its condition acceptable) but they refused to refund any cost of shipping.

Tuesday passed, no item. Towards the end of the day, I was in further contact with Max. Wishing the matter settled but still finding their shipping charge outrageous, I offered a compromise; a partial refund of shipping costs of just $20. I would consider a ‘meet me halfway’ point fair, and call it good, and I would cancel my ongoing dispute with the bank.

However, Max’s response was to refuse this, to direct me to contact FedEx for a shipping refund (even though they did not charge me), and to note that he would send my e-mail chain, as described here, to their department to refute any dispute. I replied to Max, with the following breakdown of events;

“Max... I stated, fully, I did not order the overnight shipping. I stated that, from the beginning. You may use this as evidence if you wish, but all it shows is the following;

1. I contested the charge from the start.

2. I asked for cancelled; I was then willing to accept the service to call it good on Friday, but the service was not administered.

3. The aforementioned overnight shipping was not that, whatsoever. ((Edit for clarity; their processing time was late Thursday evening to late Saturday eve; the package was picked-up Monday, and did not arrive even by Tuesday))

4. I asked to cancel before you shipped it out over the weekend when your services failed to adhere to the listed benefit (which I did not even want) but you still shipped it.

5.  FedEx did not charge my account. TFAW did.”

I do regret, now, that I used the wrong form of ‘cancellation,’ there, in a typo, but the matter stands that I attempted to work with them, but it would appear that TFAW is willing to charge whatever they wish on shipping, and refuse to assist when reached. As someone who spends literal thousands of dollars on toys (surely too much) every year, I will be taking my business elsewhere, and I recommend the kind folks of this community do the same. In my experience, they defaulted to an over-night shipping charge of outrageous amount, and refused to assist with this charge even when offered a full and more than fair compromise., shipped after cancellation, and did not even provide the service for which they erroneously charged.