G.I. Joe Classified - What Can We Expect To See This Weekend At Pulse-Con?

JayC

Hasbro Pulse-Con kicks off later today on Hasbro's YouTube channel, but for G.I. Joe fans we still have one more day before we start to find out what they have planned for the coming year. The G.I. Joe Brand Panel will take place tomorrow (10/23) at 11:05 AM ET. Here is the official description for the panel:

YO JOE! Come hang out with the G.I. JOE team (and a very special guest!) at Hasbro Pulse Con 2021 to hear all about exciting product news, see behind-the-scenes content, and get a sweet tease of some future offerings. Make sure you join so that you can be in the know... because knowing is half the battle!

Panelists:

Emily, Marketing
Lenny, Design
Chris, Engineering
Cory, Sculpting

We of course will have full coverage of the event for you right here on TNI. So what might we see tomorrow? Well I have been doing some checking and it looks like we are going to end up seeing 3 non-exclusive Classified figures revealed tomorrow. This number has seemingly been in flux as originally it was looking like we were gonna get 5 new reveals. I won't say it's impossible we won't see more with possible teases and such, but at least 3 reveals appear to be coming tomorrow for non-exclusives. Out of those three I feel pretty confident one of them will be a new Deluxe Croc Master with crocodile set.

You may recall a rumor report we brought to your attention back in August for upcoming Classified figures for 2022 which was revealed by the folks at WOJM. While I've still not been able to personally confirm every figure on that list, it is seeming more and more likely that their info is legit. On that list the Croc Master figure was listed with a January 2022 release and I do expect it to be going up for pre-order tomorrow at 5pm ET at most etailers that carry the Classified line.

Now I don't know specifically what the other two non-exclusive Classified figures being revealed tomorrow will be, but if the list from WOJM is solid, logically I would say it's two of the three figures that were listed with a February release which included Storm Shadow, Spirit With Freedom and Cobra Officer. If I was a betting man I would say the long-awaited regular Storm Shadow figure will be one of the figures revealed and maybe the Cobra Officer, but again that is just a guess on my part at this time.

Now beyond that, I can't imagine there won't be some store exclusives revealed as well, likely going to Target when it comes to Classified. I know there are 4 new Classified listings that popped up in the Target system a few weeks ago which include the following:

-GIJoe CS Dione - DPCI#087-16-7792 - 84717161 - $22.99
-GIJoe CS Hyperion - DPCI#087-16-8267 - 84717160 - $22.99
-GIJoe CS Hyperion - DPCI#087-16-6233 - 84717159 - $22.99
-GIJoe CS Lunar - DPCI#087-16-0037 - 84773686 - $22.99

Of course the listings are using code names to hide the identity of the figures and I won't sit here and pretend I know what they are or when they will see release. Going back to that rumored list from WOJM, it was said the Target exclusives would be switching to a Tiger Force Vs Python Patrol theme in 2022 and 3 figures were listed as follows:

-Tiger Force Outback
-Python Viper
-Python B.A.T.

Whether any of this will be revealed tomorrow remains unknown to me so we will have to wait and see. I know many are expecting to see a Classified Alley Viper figure as well, which again I have no info on one way or the other, so we will have to wait and see.

Finally people have been asking about the future of the Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" G.I. Joe Retro line. Again I have no info for you on those. I hope Hasbro plans on continuing that line and if they do I would think they will have something new to show on that front, but again we will just have to wait and see.

Finally don't forget the G.I. Joe Classified Series Master of Disguise Zartan Pulse-Con exclusive figure. The exclusives are expected to go up for actual order each day at 4pm ET for premium members and 5PM ET for everyone else. It's still not clear if Hasbro plans on putting all the exclusive up for pre-order on both days, or just on the day that corresponds with the panel. I do expect this Zartan figure to be one of the more popular exclusives this year, so hopefully Hasbro will have made sure to have enough on hand to fill demand. Still I would probably recommend you check the Pulse website this afternoon in case it goes up today if you want to make sure you get one.

I also want to note that Gamestops in Canada seemingly started to briefly sell the Zartan figure in their stores last month. Apparently they started selling the figure prematurely and soon afterwards stopped. Never-the-less that suggests Hasbro will be offering this figure in some fashion outside of the Pulse website. Whether it will just be Gamestops in Canada or also here in the US remains to be seen, but hopefully they will let folks know tomorrow.

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-01__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-02__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-03__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-04__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-05__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Pulse-Con-06__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

And a Mike Buck over on the TNI FB page has chimed in to say his distributor has told him we can expect a wave 7 to include:
1x Gung Ho
2x Alley Viper
3x BATs

I have no info to back this up but we will see if he is right. I know the BAT and Alley Viper have long been rumored so it is certainly possible those could be the two additional reveals besides Croc.
  • Thanks 1

Errrr.....Who knows? Something? Anything? After I was finally able to track down all the Target exclusives (worth it), they haven't said a damn thing about G.I. Joe.

Something tells me they had a lot invested in the movie tie-in, but since it was a major flop, I think they probably had an "emergency" re-alignment. If you're gonna do movie stuff at least have a sense if the movie, which had a very poor outlook from the jump, is at least watchable. Which it was not. I promise, we didn't need to see Henry's face that damn much. Everything that was cool about Snake Eyes in the first place, the mask, the quiet demeanor, the cool back story, it was all thrown out the window to appease the twits on Twitter, who were never gonna see the movie anyway, and the results were apparent. Next time go back to the roots, hire some young, hungry actor who doesn't have to make sure his face is shown 90 percent of the time and who isn't gonna cry about having to get in shape for a role and just do a good movie.

On a better note, the Scarlett figure from this wave was actually better than the "Classic" version.